vacations ideas ?

georgie24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I need 3-4 days away from here, 35 y/o and will be traveling alone, were can i go to relax and not look like a lonley creep, im thinking south beach or a cruise.

your input is needed soldiers, im dying here

Captain Nemo

Reaction score
Go somewhere YOU wanna go. Ignore the boilerplate suggestions of popular culture - this is for YOU, not them.

What do you like to do? What are your interests? That should drive your choice of destination.

Next, logistics: what are your travel/financial/physical limitations? That will determine how big you can go.

If you want solitude then I'd recommend a long weekend of hiking/bicycling/motorcycling with overnight camping at the end of each day.

You could also look into any paintball tournaments nearby if you really want to be physcially active and still be around people.

Also think about a major museum that caters to your interests.

Or, find a local historical reenactment group and see if you can observe their activities for a weekend.

Are there any conventions in your city or nearby that interest you?

Again, I don't know the specifics of what you like, but do something that will YOU will enjoy. Don't just try and escape your current situation, MAKE a great experience and memory out of this vacation, and then build on that.

Good luck,

CN

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I highly suggest New Orleans.

It is a very nice time away, with tons of activities to do. Even if you just wander around the Quarter, the time will fly. And every day and night is mardi gras on Bourbon, which is lined with strip clubs and $5 hurricanes stands that you can drink as you walk around the town.

If you want more sustenance, there is a ton of history in that city, and is a photographer's paradise.

It is a southern city, so also expect that refreshing, relaxing slow and take it easy vibe everywhere you go. The weather is in the upper 80's right now.

Depending on where you are, it is a short plane ride, and not very expensive either. You can get a very nice hotel on hotwire in the French Quarter for less than $60 if you allow 3 weeks advance planning.