using shortness to your advantage

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'6 as well, so you KNOW I have to reply.:woo:

I've had women taller than me interested in me, NUMEROUS times. I even overheard a taller girl saying she'd lay me (probably not date, but what do I care if I get some ass). Does height matter (enough to worry about)? Not unless you're the hunch back of notre dame.

TubularBells28

Don Juan
Reaction score
Can you compensate for height?

And what is limit that makes you reach a "napoleon complex"?

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TubularBells28
Can you compensate for height?

And what is limit that makes you reach a "napoleon complex"?
Technically you can be 6'2 and have a Napoleon complex (sort of like a skinny girl who's unhappy with how "fat" she is). I guess you just have to feel unhappy with your height to the point of doing a lot to compensate for it.

I think Napoleon was about 5'2, btw. I googled it and some sites say he was 5'6, but I don't think that's right. I remember looking it up before and noting that he was significantly shorter than me.

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jukeboxhero
Wow, I'm 5' 8" too! I'm beginning to think 5'8 is the average height for all us AFC's on Sosuave.com.

Anyways, I try to stand up straight most of the time and get shoes that have good sized soles or heels. I remember one of my pet peeves when I was subscribed to Match.com was that all the women that refused to even consider a guy under 5'10" or 6' or whatever the preference was. That's kinda shallow IMO! I mean it's one thing if she's MORE attracted to tall guys but to not even give a short guy a chance is unfair because it's like the one physical aspect I can't change.

Anyways, I'm not as worried about height now, I have a friend who is 5' 7" and is always either with a girl at the bar or calling/texting one on his phone. He's probably got better looks than me though.

I'm curious what clothes can you wear to make you appear taller?
Huh? 5'8" isn't particularly short. The average American adult male is 5'9.5" tall. I'm not sure about other countries.

Plus can it be such a big deal when the average American adult female is 5'4"? Even a man who's 5'4" would still be taller than about half of all women (within the U.S., anyway)?

As far as clothing, as one poster said, vertical stripes help. But obviously, don't be garish or distasteful.

Ben

P.S. I'm 5'8" myself, and while I'm certainly not the tallest fellow around, I've never felt that I was particularly short.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by KillaPetehog
Women find height as a very attractive feature. If you're about 6 feet tall, you've got an advantage over a lot of guys who are shorter. It brings out presence.

And usually women like a tall guy cuz they feel more protected....

When you're 6 feet tall and standing in the clubs...all the girls see you....

do you live in vietnam? i can't imagine a 6'0 being seen in a club... the most people i see when i go to clubs are about 6'1 or so... to be seen as tall in a club you should be at least 6'4 or so...