US soldier throws puppy from cliff

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ezily said:
no, it's not a listed symptom in the DSM-IV so stop making crap up. Sure, this diagnosis book has it's problems but these generally focus on issues such as how to diagnose and what it actually takes and how symptoms are related and such. BUT it is very very widely accepted in it's current form. It would never miss a symptom as large as you mentioned.
god you are so stupid i dont know why im continuing this conversation. there is a huge sub set of characteristics associated with sociopaths / psychopaths / anti social disorders and violence towards animals IS one of them.

f*ck i hate how wikipedia makes these morons think they know what they are talking about.

Aboleo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How the **** is five years of someones life equal to that of a hedgehog... IT'S A FREAKIN' RODENT! :crackup:

I know... it's a sick thing to do, with a microwave and all... but how in the name of god can you justify sending someone to the pen for killing a g0dammed Rat?!

ezily

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
dude, the law already states that you go to jail. in the UK some kids put a hedgehog in a microwave and got 5 years in jail.

personally i don't want to put you in jail. your punishment would be 30 minutes alone in a room with me :)

the state would pay for your coffin afterwards.
:crackup: good one. Talking crap over the internet makes you feel like a man doesn't it.

But you obviously don't know how judges are in some states in the US. They don't have to send you to jail if they don't want to. Some liberal states (i.e. Massachusetts, California, etc) don't have such strict laws.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ezily said:
correct, I took it from wikipedia which took it's info from peer-reviewed research articles AND the DSM-IV TR (see the references). so think before you go insulting others next time. THAT IS THE CRITERIA. other psychologists and psychiatrists may have their opinions but this is the official criteria.

dude, you know NOTHING about what you are talking about, you are quoting wikipedia like its the bible when its nothing mroe than a high level summary of things.

violence towards animals is part of the diagnostic criteria / symptoms of sociopathy.

talking to you is like arguing with a red neck hill billy

wootapotky

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
god you are so stupid i dont know why im continuing this conversation. there is a huge sub set of characteristics associated with sociopaths / psychopaths / anti social disorders and violence towards animals IS one of them.

f*ck i hate how wikipedia makes these morons think they know what they are talking about.
Ironically if you look under psychopathy in wikipedia, it does say cruelty to animals is one of the precursors of pscychopathy.

The following childhood indicators are to be seen not as to the type of behavior, but as to its relentless and unvarying occurrence. Not all must be present concurrently, but at least a number of them need to be present over a period of years:

* An extended period of bedwetting past the preschool years that is not due to any medical problem.
* Cruelty to animals beyond an angry outburst.
* Firesetting and other vandalism. Not to be confused with playing with matches, which is not uncommon for preschoolers. This is the deliberate setting of destructive fires with utter disregard for the property and lives of others.
* Lying, often without discernible objectives, extending beyond a child's normal impulse not to be punished. Lies that are so extensive that it is often impossible to know lies from truth.
* Theft and truancy.
* Aggression to peers, not necessarily physical, which can include getting others into trouble or a campaign of psychological torment.

The three indicators—bedwetting, cruelty to animals and firestarting, known as the MacDonald triad—were first described by J.M. MacDonald as indicators of psychopathy.[65] Though the relevance of these indicators to serial murder etiology has since been called into question, they are considered relevant to psychopathy.

ezily

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Aboleo said:
How the **** is five years of someones life equal to that of a hedgehog... IT'S A FREAKIN' RODENT! :crackup:

I know... it's a sick thing to do, with a microwave and all... but how in the name of god can you justify sending someone to the pen for killing a g0dammed Rat?!
hey that rat has feelings too... :crackup: :crackup:

Aboleo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
well our disagreement here is understandable. im from canada and your from texas. 'nuff said ;)

My sentiments exactly, chump.:kick:

Actually, no.. I like Canadians. I kinda' like you, too... from your other posts, anyways. I just really don't understand your stance here.

ezily

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
dude, you know NOTHING about what you are talking about, you are quoting wikipedia like its the bible when its nothing mroe than a high level summary of things.

violence towards animals is part of the diagnostic criteria / symptoms of sociopathy.

talking to you is like arguing with a red neck hill billy
no it is not. where are you getting your information from?

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aboleo said:

so should it be ok to kill retarded children who have no more intelligence than a dog?

i mean, im assuming your point on the hedgehog is that it will serve no useful purpose in human society therefore its no big loss.

so i guess it should be ok to stick retarded kids in a microwave as well.

the reason we punish this actions is because they are WRONG. they are the behaviors of uncivilized, cruel human beings and in order to keep societal order these people are put in jail or severly punished in the hopes that it stems them from repeating the behaviors.

i think 5 years for committing an act of such cruelty is fine. (now if you want to rebut my argument, then say something like 'well should you go to jail for pulling the wings off a fly?)

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ezily said:
see one of hte posts above. even wikipedia lists violence to animals as a symptom.

all im saying is i hate it when peopel like you, who know nothing about a topic, go check wikipedia and think you know what you are talking about.

wootapotky

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ezily said:
Well maybe it's not a sign of sociopathy but it is a sign of psychopathy. See what I posted above.

ezily

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Aboleo said:
I just really don't understand your stance here.
let me sum joker's stance up for you:

puppies are cute! or better looking than you anyway! :p

puppies life > human life

soldier's punishment = death by being thrown off cliff
Let him feel that's puppies pain! :cry:

you know the real funny thing? if muslim terrorists ever took over his country people who think like him would be the first ones killed. Good thing he has soldiers like that guy in the video fighting for his freedom to talk **** about them.

ezily

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
see one of hte posts above. even wikipedia lists violence to animals as a symptom.

all im saying is i hate it when peopel like you, who know nothing about a topic, go check wikipedia and think you know what you are talking about.
I have taken multiple college courses on psychology, abnormal psychology, and diagnosing criteria. I have heard numerous experts give lectures on treatment, causes, symptoms of disorders, etc. I have a knowledge of the subject.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wootapotky said:
Well maybe it's not a sign of sociopathy but it is a sign of psychopathy. See what I posted above.
sociopathy and psychopathy are the same thing. kind of like fat and chunky are the same thing, jsut 2 different words.

anyway, the guy saying cruelty to animals isn't a symptom of sociopathy is a moron.

actually that's incorrect, he's actually an ignoramous according to wikipedia.
wikipedia states: "An ingnoramous is someone who consults wikipedia and then uses the information to pretend like they know what they are talking about regarding the subject matter at hand.'

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aboleo, our whole stance is against people having a disrespect for life in general.

Killing for food is alright in my books because that is how nature works anyways.

Killing for pleasure and putting the life of a human far above the life of an animal is wrong in my books, because in the grand scheme of things, we're all equal. In a thousand years, your life and the life of any animal are pretty much equal.

And, cruelty is just straight up wrong.

No offense, but your stance is the same stance that americans had toward africans one hundred years ago. "Oh, he killed a black guy, he should only get a fine because he didn't kill a white guy." "Oh yeah, that black guy has feelings too, etc etc etc"

Do you see our stance now?

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ezily said:
I have taken multiple college courses on psychology, abnormal psychology, and diagnosing criteria. I have heard numerous experts give lectures on treatment, causes, symptoms of disorders, etc. I have a knowledge of the subject.
dude, i have a university degree in psychology. you think im bullsh*tting but im not.

if you could see me right now you'd see me laughing my *ss off watching someone that knows nothing pretend like he knows something.

wootapotky

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ezily said:
Apparently not, since the FBI would very much disagree with you. As would J.M. MacDonald, with his MacDonald Triad explaining that animal cruelty is one of three factors that sociopaths who threaten to kill people have in common. So apparently it is also a sign of sociopathy. Maybe you should have paid attention in class.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm skeptical of the video.

In a similar vein, I've heard that that the toppling of Saddam Hussein's statue by a "mob of Iraqis" was actually a staged event using mostly Americans, who apparently obviously were not yelling with Iraqi accents!

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
Aboleo, our whole stance is against people having a disrespect for life in general.

And, cruelty is just straight up wrong.

No offense, but your stance is the same stance that americans had toward africans one hundred years ago. "Oh, he killed a black guy, he should only get a fine because he didn't kill a white guy." "Oh yeah, that black guy has feelings too, etc etc etc"

Do you see our stance now?
what makes us human is our ability to regulate our violent natures and to live by higher standards of conduct. those who don't, are in my opinion, inhuman.

a cat will torture a mouse. it will bat it around for some time before it kills the mouse. we can't hate the cat for this, because its in the cats nature, it has no clue what its doing is right or wrong.

but we as humans DO know, this is what makes us special. and humans who KNOW they shouldn't be doing things like this, and do it anyone, are basically very sick in the head.

just like our base nature would be to continue having black people as slaves. but we know this is wrong so we condemn the practice. our ability to rise above the cruelty of nature is what makes us human. and without it we are nothing more than animals (and one of the most cruel animals on the planet to boot).