urgent advice needed: going on date with cold

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This has been planned for about a week now, there is definitely no backing out and we have reached a point in the sarge where I must kiss her or be put in the friend zone.

But thismorning I've woken up with a sniffly nose and my sense of smell has disappeared. She will surely notice me sniffing or blowing my nose and that may destroy the mood.

The plan is to play a few games of pool. What should I do? Try my best to disguise the cold?

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
one word

doomed

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Decongestants.

Kevon

Don Juan
Reaction score
benadryl it, allegra it, zyrtec it

loopy is better than sniffly,

then play c & f afterwards and claim she got you sick

lolololol

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kevon

then play c & f afterwards and claim she got you sick
This is sorta what happened in the end! But she said it to me.

I ended up drinking some lemon and honey tea, then some green iced tea but it didn't help very much.

We work together, and were planning to go out after our shift. I decided while working that I'd just postpone the date because she'd be able to see with her own eyes that I was sick.

I approached her during the break and she had a tissue at her nose. She was sick as well so we mutually decided to raincheck the bowling. She goes, "You must have breathed on me" and laughed and smiled as if that was a good thing....:confused: :)

She said next Wednesday definitely so I'm still in the game! I could have suggested we go anyway since we both have a cold and won't catch anything! That would have sounded a bit seedy though so I kept my mouth shut

Maestro Monk

Don Juan
Reaction score
If worst comes to worst and you cannot somehow re-schedule, then I would let her know that you're not feeling the greatest, but can still commit to the date..after all, you're only human. Chances are that she will understand why a kiss wouldn't be appropriate in such a circumstance; besides, it'll add to the anticipation for the next date. Just make a couple jokes about it, and be sure to give her a warm hug with a kiss on the neck/cheek at some point throughout the date.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
hahah looks like things worked out great.