uk bootcamp

sharkman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Uk dudes,
I am well up for doing a uk bootcamp, and I'm looking for some good men to sign up with me! Seeing as the uk is a slightly different environment when it comes to the ladies, it would be valuable to have others' experiences in the uk to compare against!
Thanks to this site and some natural dj's I have the fortune to know, my game is improving all the time. However it's time to take it to a new level and I think this is the way!
Who's with me?

Sharkman

'making sure its not safe to get back in the water'

Don_Joffe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Im in week 2 of my bootcamp, why dont you join me?

sharkman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer Don, but I really want to start from the beginning!

So with Devil we now have two in the uk about to start this process!

More takers please!

Come on uk dudes, lets get down to business,

Sharkman

Acidic Camel

Don Juan
Reaction score
I started a boot camp last year but droped out in the first week when a) my work hit overload, b) I went through the winter blues, c) I chickened out (pick an excuse, they all suck).

But I've been meaning to start it again, so I'm going to take the plunge again. No excuses this time, this is succeed or die trying time ;)

I'm joining you Sharkman. I hope some of the other UK lurkers will give it a go, the more of us that do the more confidence we'll have.

sharkman

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok so thats 3 of us now! I'm hoping for a minimum of around 5, so another 2 brave souls step forward NOW!

Come on, you're doing yourself a favour in the end

Join the shiver(collective noun for sharks)

Lets go get the ladies

The two on board so far: Good work! Good men! Good for you!

Sharkman

deepraj

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds good, count me in! Have been meaning to do this for months but never had the drive to do it. Now is the time for action I am slowly turning into a keyboard jockey!
Its gonna be so much better with a group of us motivating each other and we are all from the UK too.

Deepraj

sharkman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Warming up

Well I used the weekend as a warm up session. Gettin caught making eye contact has always been a problem for me, so I went out during the day sat and sun and focussed on making sure I did my best to overcome my initial caution.
At the start I was doin the typical side glances and looking away before I was seen. Making excuses for myself, why this was a bad one to start with etc
However the breakthrough came late on Saturday afternoon, when I was walking back from town and this pretty young lady is walking down the other side of the street. I decided that this was the last chance saloon, so I slowly but obviously turned my head and looked straight at her. She looks back, I hold contact for a few seconds, smile, and so does she.
I didnt look back on sunday, and I made indiscriminate eye contact as and when I wanted. Sure some people dont want to know, some look like you are odd. Still the majority either looked back or smiled. I find that the best way is just to wait till they are within 6 metres or so and then just turn your head calmy and look for their eyes. The motion gets the attention, after that you just force yoruself not to look away, and if you ge the chance, and little smile before you go your way is a good way to end matters.
I didnt count, so before next Thursday I'll be reporting back. going to combine the first two exercises, with my sessions being Wednesday evening and Thursday!
hope you boys are having fun too!

Sharkman

octane_orphan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Put me down ....

I dont think doing it week by week will be enough time for me though ... can we not double up? so week 1 is two weeks, week 2 is the next two weeks and so on?

Also have MSN if anyone is interested in chatting etc ...

sharkman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Right dudes,
looks like we have a fair number in the camp now.
OCTANE:

AS for doubling up, do you really need two weeks to complete the exercises or are you just making excuses for yourself? hmmm
Personally I think you have time to catch up, even if you let the first week's exercise bleed into next week a little. You have wednesday night (student night!) for a start, late shopping on thursday, and then the weekend. If you put your mind to it, the first week is simple, trust me!
I'm hoping to post my report for week 1 this friday. You could always aim for reporting on monday, while starting week 2 on sunday afternoon! The idea is to push yourself out of the comfort zone dude. You know you want to do this, so best to go 110% all out.
As for the other dudes hows it going?

Sharkman

'making sure it's not safe to get back in the water'

octane_orphan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Slight problem as I work for a living and at the moment have no social life ... I am however off to london soon ... AND CANT WAIT !!! ... Want to practice on welsh girls before I go ...

As for the camp ... first few weeks will be a doddle ... I am a manager and regularly give presentations, take part in meetings etc ... so starting or making convo aint the problem with your average joe as there is a clear purpose ... ie business .... making starting and making convo with good looking complete strangers and turning it in to a chat up and number close is a problem and something I want to work on...

sharkman

Don Juan
Reaction score
that's cool, sounds like you have a plan in place!

And I work for a living as well, I time manage to give myself space at the opportune times! Quality not quantity!

Doesnt sound like you need the extra time at all, just work through and when it comes to the convos and number closes you'll have plenty of momentum.

good job!

Sharkman

'making sure it's not safe to get back in the water'

octane_orphan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its difficult, I work in a small office of about 50 staff, only one single good looking girl in our office but she is 26 and looks 32 :s

Anyway .... :eek:) Let me know how it goes!!

gonzo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey! Greetings to all the UK posters.

I live in London and am interested in doing some cold approaches. I think it would be good for me as I'm trying to get over a particularly nasty oneitis situation.

Not sure if I want to go the old bootcamp route though spending a few weeks saying hi to people (it's just not done in London) and sparking up conversations with people I don't want to "get to know better".

Where are good places to do cold approaches in London? I tried some bookstores (seems to be the place of choice) but the pickings were lean.

octane_orphan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Gonzo,

I am not in London at the moment, I should be taking up a job down there in about 6-8 weeks.

In general the best place I have found are campus's... shops such as WHSMITH etc, coffee shops, librarys and of course book shops. Whats the tube like? is that no good for pickups?

Of course there is always the nightclub bar scene...

CobaltBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
People look at you weird when you try that **** on the tube lol.

octane_orphan

Don Juan
Reaction score
They do? What have you tried?

Have to say I dont believe cold appraoches work in the UK. I prefer making eye contact, a smile and then an opener...

Have you tried that or did you just blert something out to someone who did realise you existed until that point?

ulfur

Don Juan
Reaction score
the tube is a great place!

you must have the mindset of not fearing or caring about what is around you. doesnt matter if it's the tube, coffee shops, street etc... there will always be people around you. coffee shops will have people the table across, on the street you'll get passerby's - it's really not any different.

tube is great as you can target girls waiting for the trains, and if the train arrives while you're gaming just follow casually and sit next to them and continue the conversation.

actually on the tube, just pick a carriage with the most attractive girl and just strike a conversation or whatever method you're comfortable with. personally i prefer the direct approach.

hope that helps.