Ugh...need help

LaoRyuu-Des

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay I haven't really improved all that much since last year and I have yet to approach a girl since last year (so sad). Alright here's what's going on.

There's a girl, a really cute asian girl, in my Advisement period. I don't know if other schools around the country have implemented this into the student's schedules yet but it's basically a study hall that lasts for about 30 or so minutes everyday. I have it right after lunch, which is where I first saw/met her. I was behind her in the lunch line and she asked me about a very simple question regarding her student number. I took it that she must either be new to this country, or either just unfamiliar with how we do things at our school. I wanted to ask her about it when I talk to her but I'm having a difficult time doing so. You see first of all, I have no clue where she sits during lunch and since she's asian, she might be surrounded by other asians at the table (it's quite common to see a whole table with nothing but Koreans at my school. They always stick in groups, well almost always.). That's problem number 1. Problem number 2 is that during Advisement period, you can't talk. The only time we're able to talk during the period is before it starts or on Friday's after the School News (except the School News doesn't come on yet since school just started 2 weeks ago).

So how should I go about trying to start a conversation with her or just generally approach her?

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Easy...the next time you see her outside of class, just say hi and start up a conversation.

619joe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Man you got something going on.You know why?

Hell she could have asked anyone about the student number thing,preferrably even a teacher! which would have been more suitable BUT she asked you.Good sign

Cant talk in the period?Well ever heard of a pen and paper my friend?The possibilities are endless....notes...tic tac toe....etc.

If shes surrounded,just wait till after.

Just please dont actively go out and search for her.If you happen to see her,do work.Focus on other stuff aswell

moneybanks24

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah when you see her in the halls ask her how she likes it if she's new and just start a conversation then kino her to attract her. If you want, Brad P. has a good text message method which would prob. work well in high school. You get a random number to send u a text message saying "Wow ur hot". then you look at the phone and look at the girl skeptically like u think it was her. So then just be like wow you couldve just said it you didnt have to text me, howd u even get my number. then she'll try to read the text and trying to grab ur phone (kino). Then she'll laugh and deny it blah blah...so say ok if thats not ur number what is, and she should give it to you. Then text back saying "i know".

LaoRyuu-Des

Don Juan
Reaction score
All right I'll try the note thing. Except getting it to her might be a problem. We sit at opposite parts of the classroom but I think I should be able to get one to her from where I sat on Friday.

WalkingStick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you scared of Asians? Go ahead and approach the table, most Asians dont bite :D .

I like the note idea, and aside from that, just talk to her the next time you see her outside of class.

LaoRyuu-Des

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ugh well being the shy person I am, I missed a whole week of opportunity plus today. I'll definitely try on Monday though. I just needed a little mental push or so my friend says. I'll give you guys an update of what happens. Oh and btw, with the note thing, should I fold it any particular way or something? I mean, handing someone who is practically a complete stranger a sheet of paper with "Hi" written on it seems a bit awkward right?

steve_erkle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow bro, you're seriously over-analyzing this so much. Should you fold the paper a certain way? are you fcking kidding me?

Think about this. You can either make your move and talk to her (or write a note saying hi to her) or you can never talk to her and regret it. When your advisement class is over at the end of the semester you will feel like a fcking jackass for not talking to her. Seriously bro.. what do you have to lose?

rh79

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah...stop thinking about it so much. If you're insanely shy don't jump into the water, talk to her as y'all leave your advisement period for a full week, then maybe next week sit with her at lunch once.

LaoRyuu-Des

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok yeah I am over analyzing this. I told myself I wouldn't but I did it anyway. Monday I'm absolutely going to talk to her, no if ands or buts about it.