twilight for men

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i am sure all of you guys have heard of the movie twilight and the new one that every girl is about to go watch called new moon.
seeing that it is so popular, i have decided to make a thread about it.

why? because just about every chick you know from the ages of 12-60 has read the books and watched the movies more than once, and they are all completely in love with edward cullen .

you see it every day. they post it on their facebook and myspace walls.
they talk about the movie. they wear shirts that say "team edward" .

so why are they all swooning over this edward cullen vampire dude?
because he is the biggest dj on the screen these days.

yes, the twilight movie sucked. how i know it sucked, was because i not only bought it, but i have watched it more than once .
it sucked for a lot of different reasons but i will name a few:
1.it was directed by a woman who liked the romance parts more than the action parts
2. they had to take a long a$$ book and condense it for the screen so they leave out parts that seem important to know
3. hollywood big screen is no match for my terrific imagination, whereas i already read the books and have already decided what everyone looked like and every place looked like and how every voice sounded.

this thread is not even about the actual movie, it's about the character, edward cullen.

1. he never worries about what to say to the chick bella.
he just walks up and says whatever he wants.
sometimes it's super nice and sometimes it's mean as crap.
almost like he puts her up on a pedestal one minute just to walk away, then later come back and knock her off.

2. he doesn't tell her everything about himself from the start.
in fact, the he's such a mystery, that she can not stop thinking about him.

3.he never wonders if he should call up bella.
he just shows the flip up in her driveway and honks the horn, and she races down to see him.... and she just can't wait to see him.

these three things are things that have been PREACHED upon over and over here since before most of you were members.
you can go through the bible, you can go through the hall of fame, you can private message any of your favorite active fellow members here and they are all going to tell you the same thing:
1. never put a girl on a pedestal unless you use c+f to knock her off
2. be a mystery in the beginning
3. be a man and take control

all other things aside, these three tips WORK.

and lastly, i will bring up another character, jacob black.
no matter how good looking you get, how funny you are, how you love to do whatever it is you do, if you get lbjf'ed from the start, you will always be her friend. she may decide to love you for a minute, but she will never love you more than someone who always took charge.

therefore, heed the advise of your elders when i remind you to stay the heck outta ljbf world.

now that i have polluted the forum with the word twilight, i will leave you to your search button.

evoken

Banned
Reaction score
No it just proves how retarded women are for obsessing over a fvcking fictional character. :rolleyes:

HolyG

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post!

Also, Cullen's pretty good looking, according to every girl I've ever talked to..

search1ng

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He also has really shiny skin, can flip cars, climb trees really well and jump really high. Did i mention he has shiny skin?

HookEm'

Don Juan
Reaction score
Also you have to factor in he has say..... 2000-3000 years more experience than a non-vampire man.

sageproduct

Banned
Reaction score
Wait when I saw twilight (I was alone with 3 girls...), one of the girls jokingly told me to "take notes" on Edward. Naturally, I began the movie with a negative, jealous predisposition toward him. All I thought of it was that he was creepy and the movie was filled with AFC romantic bull****. After reading this post, however, I am realizing what there is to be learned from Mr. Cullen.

Also btw, the girls also said that they thought Edward wasn't that good-looking but they were obsessed with "the way he treated her".

Jmiah

Don Juan
Reaction score
holy cow, i thought nothing in the world could make me watch that lame ass movie but you actually made it sound like interesting research lol. Maybe i'll take some girl out to see it now. thanks for the perspective

alphaace

Don Juan
Reaction score
HookEm' said:
Also you have to factor in he has say..... 2000-3000 years more experience than a non-vampire man.

Actually, he was transformed into a vampire in 1918 so he wouldn't die from the spanish influenza. But 90 years of experience is still a lot, lol.

Unbridled_Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to make a Twilight for men. Here's the story: I stand around in a bar while a bunch of hot chicks fight over me.

The End.

Cockynfunny

Don Juan
Reaction score
watched the movie last night, analyzed Edward's behaviour it was TOP NOTCH don juan stuff.

All girls at my 6th form (college) love him.

S.Y.L

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm watching it now, holy ****, this guys attitude is nuts. He changes all the time, and he totally wheels this chick. He looks like a bum though.

Cure

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One of my friends summed up the New Moon love triangle-

A choice between beastiality and Necrophilia..

:p

Cure.

Ice882

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you guys are fvcking retarded. this is sad as fvck to read.

He is a movie character. He is idealized. Every action is scripted. Every emotional response is scripted. If you go to a girl's house and honk the horn, it doesn't mean she's gonna run down to see you. The way the movie is scripted, it is pre-determined that she will run down, not to mention love him, everything else she (or he) does is SCRIPTED.

come back to reality.

Veridin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
why? because just about every chick you know from the ages of 12-60 has read the books and watched the movies more than once, and they are all completely in love with edward cullen .
Really? I don't know a single person who has watched the movies. Seems to be a teenage thing. Or maybe I just meet women who are smarter than the average.

so why are they all swooning over this edward cullen vampire dude?
because he is the biggest dj on the screen these days.
No, because the movie is hyped in the media, and women like everything that is fashionable. Which is because of their instinct to side with the strongest side for protection.

Weird books. The main character is obviously a stand-in for the author Stephenie Meyer; the description of her appearance fits the author exactly. The sparkly boy desiring to drink the teen girl's blood but forcing himself not to, is a metaphor for a boyfriend not demanding sex with his girlfriend - the dream of every Christian female with a twisted relation to sex, unless she grows up, and let's face it few of them do.

She sat down and wrote books that are a wet dream for herself. Even down to having Bella become a vampire and effortlessly refraining from biting humans - everything is just neatly rearranged to fit the author, a case of "Author Onboard".

Stephanie Meyer doesn't strike me as the kind of person you would enjoy having a conversation with. She has publicly told her husband that if Edward and Jacob (characters in the books) whould show up on her doorstep, she would leave her husband immediately for either of them.

It is not bad enough that your wife writes masturbatory stories and lets outsiders see it. It isn't enough that she chooses her fantasy over you. No, she has to do it in public.

And then the wacky woman goes and has a nervous breakdown because the outline for her next novel was leaked. Well, I guess hubby can take comfort in the fact that Stephenie now has money at least, thanks to a well-connected movie corporation's good relationship with the media.

A page in TV Tropes that takes apart the series, with some points made that are satisfyingly biting in a sarcastic way:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Twilight

Some examples:

Our Vampires Are Different - they're sparkly golem-like creatures made of diamonds that run on explosive oil strained from human blood, without fangs (even cute little ones) and have no problem with the sun, holy symbols or garlic. Hell, Twilight is practically the embodiment of this trope!
Adult Child: Stephenie Meyer, according to some haters (has little kids, gets called out for being childish and complaining, cancelling Midnight Sun, etc....).
# Anti Sue - Bella. She is clumsy, and doesn't like how she looks, but to an objective viewer, her description sounds reasonably pretty, and she also does well in school. She also, despite self-admitted poor social skills, immediately attracts the two supernatural boys in town who are still free, as well as a gaggle of human boys.

* Also a teacher.
o And a couple of rapists.
o Then Breaking Dawn comes around and Bella becomes a God Mode Sue. No problems with bloodlust, develops a power the Volturi drool after, kills all her self-esteem problems once she becomes a vampire despite not actually working towards it, etc, etc...
# Anvilicious - The first book in particular is made of anvil. Giving into those base desires will kill you! Sex before marriage will kill you!! Blood equals sex equals death equals don't do it!

* Don't even think naughty thoughts. Vampires will hear you. And...and...judge you!
# Author Avatar - Bella.

* Seriously, when asked to describe what she looks like, Stephenie Meyer basically described herself◊.
Bile Fascination - Like a bizarrely-enjoyable trainwreck, some readers can't pull away.
# Blondes Are Evil - Most blonde female characters are portrayed very unsympathetically. Not so with blonde male characters, however....
# Blondes Are Evil - Most blonde female characters are portrayed very unsympathetically. Not so with blonde male characters, however....
* The author is a brunette. What a coincidence.
Cleaning Up Romantic Loose Ends - Jacob in the fourth book suffers from derailment: he goes from a friendly, devoted guy to a possessive jerk to better enable the canon couple.
# Creator Worship - Both figurative and literal. While many hardcore fans will state outright that Meyer is the best author ever (and react with literal violence to disagreement, as noted under Fan Dumb), there is a sect of them that claims to have an actual religion based around them, "Cullenism". The religion states that the characters are real people, Stephanie Meyer is the greatest author ever, and that the Twilight books are their Bible.

* Wallbangs then facepalms*
* Facepalms, then wallbangs... Ow, my hand.
# Cursed With Awesome - "THIS IS THE SKIN OF A KILLER, BELLA!" *sparkles*
Did Not Do The Research - Meyer never visited the town of Forks or any of the environs mentioned in the book until after they were all finished. SMeyer claims that the real Forks is exactly how she pictured it; people who have lived in or near Forks will tell you the wildlife isn't nearly so crazy as in the books, among other things.

* The Quileutes are an actual tribe whom Meyer chose to include in her story because they 'live near Forks.' She made up mythology for real people.
Distressed Damsel - Bella. So. Much.
# Erotic Dream - Thanks to one of these, Bella gets Edward to have sex with her again while she's still human!

* Also thanks to several million of these, this series exists.
Everythings Better With Sparkles$
Female Gaze - In a book, no less. Cut out any sentence paying tribute to Edward's godly, wondrous, Adonis-esque physique, and you'll lose maybe more than a third of each book. Even New Moon, which he was only in half of.
# I Cant Believe A Guy Like You Would Notice Me! - It takes Bella three books to stop whining/thinking like this.

* And just because in the fourth one she becomes prettier than himSheesh!
Jail Bait Wait - A rather extreme form, with werewolves falling in love with toddlers, then having to wait for them to hit their mid-late teens before they can do anything physical.
Kill It With Fire - the only known way to get rid of vampires for good, and some would say the proper way to deal with the books.
Single Target Sexuality - Edward is completely Bella-sexual.
Too Dumb To Live - Bella unquestionably, because of her lack of reaction to the fact that Edward's a vampire - which he often comments on. It gets worse in the movie. After researching vampires, Bella realizes what Edward is. Several people have turned up dead in the area, apparently mauled by animals - which she doesn't believe. So naturally, she goes off into the woods with Edward to tell him she knows his secret... without telling anyone where she's going or with whom.

* No to mention that she constantly get in trouble, walking alone on a dangerous forest, dark alleys, unstable werewolves, evil vampires. How she made it to seventeen before Edward met her is a mystery.

Veridin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score