Tuesday night "FR"

Aenigma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So- I decided to go out tonight. It was the first time in a few weeks, owning to the fact that I was busying with other things, but I decided to hit up the bars. It was about 11PM when I left. I knew it was late and a Tuesday night- so not alot of women were likely to be out- but I figured that the ones who were might be down for a ****- so I said to myself "What do I have to lose? The worse that could happen is that I don't get laid- and that will happen if I stay home anyway."

So I left the apartment and headed for old city Philadelphia. I decided to try something different and headed to Kyber- I heard that they have different live bands there and I thought it would be fun to try something new. Apparently tongiht was Death Metal night. There weren't alot of girls there (or people for that matter) but there were two cute girls in the band/moshpit area- so I decided to stick it out and see if opportunity would present itself to get wtih them (I figure metal girls are probably freaky). SO- they're moshing it up dancing around running into people- I decided, since I'm dressed in jeans a dresshirt and nice hoes, to stay out of it- adopt an alpha looking pose and stay above it- I would look incongruent if I started moshing. Well- after a bit I figure that from the way the girls are wildly thrasing they must be on SOMETHING- but I figure what the hell- that dosen't mean they won't ****- and I keep to listening to the band while the girls thrash. While they're trashing the cute indian girl (with face piericings) takes the opportunity to grab my ass. I figure I'm in- I just need to figure out how to seal the deal. Obviously trashing won't work- I'd look like a complete chode trying to metal in formal wear- not to mention what attracted her in part was undoubtedly how I dressed and appeared aloof. So I stood there and tried to figure out how to seal the deal while they trashed; they left for the bar area a short while later- so I thought I saw m opportunity- but some long hair dude dressed in "metal" attire moved in and stood between them effectively blocking me out- no opportunity to approach. I said **** it and tapped the Indian chick on the shoulder- to no avail. Rather then stand around like a beta symp- I said **** it and decided to move onto richer opportunities.

I ended up in a place called "Drinkers" on second and market. The place seemed to be divided into a roup of bout 7 girls and 7 guys. They weren't sitting together so I figured I might have a shot. I decided to open the guys first rather then head for the girls. They were cool- were out for a friends birthday and it turns out they didn't know the girls and half of the dudes had GFs. Excellent. I decided to play non-chalant and see if any of the girls expressed interest. Alas they did not. I was having fun talking to the dudes- though they seemed cool enough. The one I was talking to went off to join his friends after a bit- so I was left drinking my beer alone. I left my body language open- and looked for opportunites to engange- tried to talk to the group of girls- but got shot down. Don't remember everything said but did head "ok whatever- you're sitting by yourself" and her friend telling her "don't even talk to him". OK. Not like I was offensive of being a douche to them but whatever. Didn't work. More fish in the sea- better luck next time. No big deal.

So- The dude I was talking to come backs and introduces me to his friend whos birthday it is. I'm being a bit of an alpha douche at this point so I make fun of his stick figure and pencil arms and tell him he should hit the gym for his 23rd birthday (had good intenbtions at heart). His friend gets all defensive tells me dude gets chicks cause he jels his hair and stuff- I continue to be mr. alpha tough guy and say he probably gels his hair with the *** he beats off into his hand at night.

Dude goes to sit at the bar- friend tells me to buy him a drink.

I'm like- wtf. You expect me to buy you a drink? I met you guys like 30 minutes ago and you EXPECT ME TO BUY YOU A DRINK. I tell them I'm not buying strangers **** and that only my close friends get the priveledge of having me buy them drinks. Dude gets in my face say **** you. I tell him his moms a ***** who does that every night and say several other disparagin remarks I don't remember.

Next thing I know the dude HEADBUTTS ME.

I'm in complete shock for maybe 3-4 seconds while my brain processes what just happened- and then my fist slams into the side of the jaw. He's laid out ontop of the ****ing bar counter with a dead fish look in his eyes. I take a second or two to look at him and slam my fist into the side of his face again for good measure.

His "cool friend" grabs me and it looks like he's about to defend his friend- but I just look him dead in the eye and he stops cold. I must have had the angry murderous alpha ape look in my eye or something because the dude froze dead in his tracks wit his fist raised and looked ready to **** himself. The bouncer grabbed me from behind and pulled me away at this point.

At this point I'm facing the bouncer and the bar- and EVERYONE in there was staring at me. To make it even more tense the music had chosen this point to cut out and the entire bar was engulfed in dead silence. The entire situation was surreal on a level that I can't even begin to explain.

Anyway, after he pulled me away the bouncer accusesd me of starting a fight. I tell him the dude had headbutted me out of nowhere and that I was just defending myself. The dude said that he had turned around and just say the guy lying on the bar with me punching him. I tell him that I don't want trouble and that I just wanted my coat and I'd leave. Guy gets my coat from the bar stool and I depart shortly after but not before saying to the bar "well- hope you all have a nice night" (too much of a nice guy at heart I guess.....).

Anyway- I figure out why the bouncer let me out without probelms. I touched my eyebrow right after I left and it was soaked in blood. Guy must have saw it and realized what I told him was indeed true. Either way- I decided to call it a night. It was 1:30 (places close at 2:00 in Philly) and hygenenie took proirty over getting pussing; not to mention I doubted I would be able to get girls effectively while blood was dripping down the side of my face .

Well anyway- hope you enjoyed the story. Feel free to chime in with feed back or advice. ;)

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Feedback: Being Alpha doesn't mean you have to be an insulting assh@le.

Aenigma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Because the "fight" happened in the grungy-angry metal bar where all the "low quality" people were haning out.

No wait. Thats completely wrong. It happened in the white Yuppie bar where "respectable" people in their 20s hang out.

And apparently you've never seen what I call "jock" game (or what some people call ******* game)- basically its where you mock others in your presense to, in "PUA" terms establish dominence in the local group and to lower their precieved value relative to yours.

In street terms- talking shyt to make them look like a bunch of biitches.

Edit: And just to clarify- its not as if I was sitting there insulting people for an hour. Most of the time there I was just sitting and talking with the dudes- I only busted on birthday boy in front of his friends when they introduced him- and they were laughing at what I was saying- so I wasn't an ******* who just appeared out of nowhere just flinging insults at random- I was talking with the group and making jokes for probably somewhere between 30 minuties to an hour.... and couple of the guys thought I was hilarious.

Last edited:

Aenigma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
AAAgent said:
Showing dominance and being alpha does not always involve words or physical actions/strength. It's based on results.

I remember when we met up some time ago drinking you, cr, and i were all talking sh!t but we were only like that to each other since we were acquainted. If i was an outsider and you said some of that stuff to me, i definately would not let it go as a joke since i wouldn't know you.
Well- talking **** is situation dependent. I'm in a bit of a habit from doing it while drinking because of a friend or two that I hang out with (ex jocks); for alot of guys busting each others balls is part of the male expirence; when I'm in the "joking" zone mentality, and I'm surrounded by guys, its the mode I default into. I'm usually kind , friendly, and polite to people I don't know.

Luckily you are on the calmest side of town, if you talk like that up north/northeast or head to west philly and talk like that, those insults will get you stabbed. Growing up, i've seen people jumped for no reason just because the guys were bored and the guy was alone. I've seen people stabbed and killed for saying one little thing that offended them. I've even seen girls jump other girls because they had beef.
Don't get me wrong. I knew where I was. I knew who I was talking to. I wasn't in the hood talking to gang members. I was talking to a group of nerdy looking white guys who I was cool with for the better part of hour.

You may take words as just that, words but out on the streets words can get you hurt or even worse if you don't use the correct ones.
Definately true. I definately have a tendency to mirror image and project my values onto others- some guys WILL react violently to "disrespect" or insults.

I don't think it was too out of place to ask for a drink either. He just accepted you into their group, introduced you to all his friends and the birthday boy. They were just trying to have a good time and didn't mind having you join them in on it. Nothing really wrong with buying the birthday boy a drink. It was a fair exchange, they let you in their group and would party it out with you for the price of one drink.
Well its one things to ask for a drink for your Birthday boy buddy- its another thing when birthday boy buddy, who you met 60 seconds ago, looks you in the eye and ORDERS you to buy him a drink by saying "buy me a drink".

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
>> And just to clarify- its not as if I was sitting there insulting people for an hour>>

At least you're admitting that you were insulting them by talking sh!t.

>> where you mock others in your presense to, in "PUA" terms establish dominence in the local group >>

You have to belittle other people to appear superior? That's what insecure people do, dude.

The trick to it is to make it come off as if you're jesting, ribbing, not insulting. If they're laughing, you're doing it right.
"he probably gels his hair with the *** he beats off into his hand at night" - not so funny. That's why you got the kind of bad results you did.

There's a pecking order in any social group. You pecked out of order.

>> its another thing when birthday boy buddy, who you met 60 seconds ago, looks you in the eye and ORDERS you to buy him a drink by saying "buy me a drink". >>

So I get that you had just insulted one of their group, and it's like he's getting you make it up to them by buying that drink. I would've probably would've said the same thing, or just walk away from you figuring you've got some issues.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like you shouldn't have been dissing, even jokingly, a bunch of drunk guys you don't know. I think you acted like an @sshole, honestly. Should have gotten your ass beat worse.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know, I just can't see myself saying the things you did to a bunch of guys you just met. Hell even if I was with my buddies I don't think it was that funny. If a guy came up to my friends and I saying that stuff we probably would who thought "who is this clown"?

You seem to be trying too hard. And I think you are also misreading the signs you are getting from others, not only the women, but the men as well.

Perhaps your self esteem and your need to be an "alpha" are causing you to misread what is really going on.

Aenigma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OK. I wasn't "dissing" deliberatly to insult and humiliate- I was joking around and the other guys were laughing. Keep in mind that funny is just as much delivery as it is what is said. I wasn't some wierdo coming out of no where here. The other dudes were laughing and having a good time.

Anyway- main reason I posted this thread was cause I was tipsy and angry when I got home. All the "alpha" stuff I put in there is just my interpretation of what I was doing- I don't go out and think in terms of those things when I'm actually talking to people. What I wrote is part a retelling of what occured and part my interpretation of what was occuring in terms of the social dynamics of the situation. Its really difficult to explain the "vibe" of what occured- but if I thought that things were that serious I would have diffused the situation by just buying the dude a drink- but honestly- I didn't think it would escalate to the level of physical violence.

DJ Noble

Don Juan
Reaction score
Aenigma said:
I'm being a bit of an alpha douche at this point so I make fun of his stick figure and pencil arms and tell him he should hit the gym for his 23rd birthday (had good intenbtions at heart). His friend gets all defensive tells me dude gets chicks cause he jels his hair and stuff- I continue to be mr. alpha tough guy and say he probably gels his hair with the *** he beats off into his hand at night.
You're a flat out clown. Ditch the alpha male bs persona, it will only get you hurt. Saying this stuff to complete strangers? How did you think they would take it? I don't care where you are in Philly and who you think you're dealing with... you have no idea what people are capable of. Drinkers in Old City or a hood bar in North Philly - you don't act like that. You went out trying to sarge women and you ended up fraternizing with a bunch of males & getting thrown out of a bar all bloody. Good job.

You should be embarrassed posting this nonsense.

Aenigma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DJ Noble said:
You're a flat out clown. Ditch the alpha male bs persona, it will only get you hurt. Saying this stuff to complete strangers? How did you think they would take it? I don't care where you are in Philly and who you think you're dealing with... you have no idea what people are capable of. Drinkers in Old City or a hood bar in North Philly - you don't act like that. You went out trying to sarge women and you ended up fraternizing with a bunch of males & getting thrown out of a bar all bloody. Good job.

You should be embarrassed posting this nonsense.
Yea. I came to that conclusion about 5 minutes ago. I'm better then that.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aenigma said:
I'm being a bit of an alpha douche at this point so I make fun of his stick figure and pencil arms and tell him he should hit the gym for his 23rd birthday
That's not funny. That's just plain out mean. Especially to someone you just met and whos birthday it is.

TheBucketOfTruth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you made yourself look like a violent social outcaste? Congrats. You basically called the already wasted birthday boy's manhood into question for no apparent reason. Did you think if you insulted him then they'd welcome you into their group with open arms as their new leader?

I'm hoping all these posts knock some sense into you if the headbutt didn't.