true DJs can't exist here

Vercetti

Don Juan
Reaction score
BLOG

Highschool...:rolleyes:

The one place that a an independent DJ has no power. Outside of the halls of the highschool, i can be a true dj and use all my skillz.
In highschool it is different:

1. The essence of mystery does not and cannot exist. It is destroyed through the complex matrix of the gossip wagon and all the idiots with no lives of their own.

2. To be seen as "normal", you MUST be part of a social clique (jocks, popular, punk, etc). If you are a true individual or a non-conformist, being in accepted as a person will be a very large challenge.

3. Distance from a girlfriend or possible mate is hard to attain. You see the people every day at school. Loss of mystery.

4. The same things happen every day you got to school (classes, schedules, etc). Thus there is mild to no change.

5. Most people in highschool are mildly to extremely insecure. The larger insecure group is male, but the females also have a high number of insecure people.

6. Confidence in the males is usually set by school-social status and popularity within their clique.

7. Most females and males are shallow and have very little depth within their talking abilities. Its allwayz about what someone did with someone, the latest gossip, or endless babble about what was on TV.

8. Trying to hit on a girl, or get her number is like trying to pull teeth if you are surrounded by other males who become insecure because of your confidence. They see confidence, so they create conflict for both parties and try to destroy any or all connections that were being made between the male and female.

9. Last but not least, if you do have a girlfriend in highschool you talk to every day, walk to class, you are most likely an average dude who got lucky or you had a lot of help getting the chick.

nuff said

:|

(this blog is just from where i live, it most likely differs in other places.)

Mikelo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I hear ya man, it's exact same way here.

I especially hate #8. Sometimes people get jealous and sabotauge what you have made for yourself because they are unable to do the same for themselves and wont rest until you are back at their level :(

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1 - F*ck you
2 - If you're a real non-conformist and if you make a REAL effort to be socially acceptable, you will.
3 - Yes, you see them, but if you make yourself avaliable all the time is because you don't know how to play the game.
4 - This is because you're a boring fart. The last weeks in my school have been so wild that when it's Wednesday, me and my buds can't remember exactly how Monday was...
5 - Yeah.
6 - If you really think so, you're one of the other insecure people.
7 - Do you wanna get pu$$y or do you wanna discuss Plato ? Set your priorities straight. If you want clever, intelectual conversation, go look for it in the right place with the right persons. And beware that females usually don't know sh!t about philosophy, or the hidden universal truths. If you want really hot girls know that you'll have to become a real "hot" man, sports and macho type.
8 - " True greatness shall be perceived" . If you're really secure, and if you really inspire confidence to the chick, she'll trust YOU over the bullsh!tters.
9 - Or you can be a smart DJ, who actually got this chick using action and knowledge.

You're giving up before trying. I had those same "insights" you had one year ago, and I had two choices, to live a miserable highschool life, or to become really popular being who I really am and have a blast.

I choose the latter, but it never came easy to me. Actually it still doesn't, but if all had been given to me I wouldn't have learned anything, I wouldn't have succeeded and I wouldn't know how to do my "duty" in order to get a lady.

It's up to you to become a real man and come later to kick my butt or go on being a whiney baby.

BBB

Dig the Funk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Meh. If all them things were true, it still wouldn't be impossible, just tougher. And I love a good challenge. I concur with BBB. High school can be the biggest blast ever if you want it to be.

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vercetti
BLOG

Highschool...:rolleyes:

The one place that a an independent DJ has no power. Outside of the halls of the highschool, i can be a true dj and use all my skillz.
In highschool it is different:

1. The essence of mystery does not and cannot exist. It is destroyed through the complex matrix of the gossip wagon and all the idiots with no lives of their own.

That is contradicting. The gossip wagon itself has extreme potential to increase your mystery.

Use your brain dude. Everyone talking about you increases mystery. Nobody beleives gossip to the T.

2. To be seen as "normal", you MUST be part of a social clique (jocks, popular, punk, etc). If you are a true individual or a non-conformist, being in accepted as a person will be a very large challenge.

A non-conformist is an oxymoron. You're conforming to be the opposite. Don't make me head spin, it's a waste of good energy :)

DJs don't want to seen as normal.. They want to be seen as above normal.

3. Distance from a girlfriend or possible mate is hard to attain. You see the people every day at school. Loss of mystery.

Depends on how big your school is, and if you intentionally go out of your way to see them. If your partner does that, well that is certainly not a bad thing. Be excited to see your girlfriend everyday, just a little smile. You'll be surprised at the results.

4. The same things happen every day you got to school (classes, schedules, etc). Thus there is mild to no change.

The point you are making is an irrelevant one. Obviously the mundane lives we are all living perhaps do not translate to DJism, but nevertheless -- the standards in which you conisder a "life" are set by society regardless of your personal beleifs.

The mild and no change is the fabric to which you live by. You are going to growup and go to your workplace everyday.

5. Most people in highschool are mildly to extremely insecure. The larger insecure group is male, but the females also have a high number of insecure people.

Levels of insecurity have always sort of been negligable to me. Either you are insecure or you are secure, to what degree is the measure in which you're security rest be significant?

The fact that most people are insecure is quite evident, and I will not argue. Try associating with some secure people, you'll be surprised.

6. Confidence in the males is usually set by school-social status and popularity within their clique.

That has no effect on a DJ. One of the lessons (of which you'd know if you read my posts) of school is that of dependency. It is the schools intentional method to teach kids to let others evaluate them. A DJ evaluates himself, which is why he is better off. No one is more honest than yourself.

7. Most females and males are shallow and have very little depth within their talking abilities. Its allwayz about what someone did with someone, the latest gossip, or endless babble about what was on TV.

You're shallow too. If you weren't, you would be out trying to have meaningful relationships with highschool girls. Sound retarded? Well the same goes for others and you. Have a meaningful relationship with a boy in highschool? Give me a ****ing break.

Children in school create their own social system based on what is regarded as valuable. When someone accomplishes value, it is talked about much like a celebrity is talked about in the real-world's social system.

Nothing will change.

8. Trying to hit on a girl, or get her number is like trying to pull teeth if you are surrounded by other males who become insecure because of your confidence. They see confidence, so they create conflict for both parties and try to destroy any or all connections that were being made between the male and female.

Men tend to be too insecure to actually do such a thing (as you so stated). You're contradicting yourself.

I've never seen this happen, and "I beleive you would get your ass kicked doing something like that, man".

9. Last but not least, if you do have a girlfriend in highschool you talk to every day, walk to class, you are most likely an average dude who got lucky or you had a lot of help getting the chick.

You sound angsty. Stop ripping on kids because they are niave and happy. Try it out, you may be surprised ;)

nuff said

:|

(this blog is just from where i live, it most likely differs in other places.)

Eventide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"I beleive you would get your ass kicked doing something like that, man".
10 extra credit points if you know what movie he's quoting. Best movie ever

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He does bring up a valid point here. Your school and where you live don't make ideal environment for mystery. You overexpose yourself, unless you're in a macking mode 24/7.

The best girlfriends I've had have lived about an hour away and went to a different school. When you meet up with them you actually have stuff to talk about and are hungry for each other.

Brazilian_Blues_Boy:

I wanna see you be a challenge for a girl for a whole year, when she has opportunity to see you every day quite a lot.

You can pull it off, not everybody can. His point is that it's EASIER to pull it off outside of school.

Respect

BryLee

Reaction score
The problem with being a DJ in school... Your there EVERY SINGLE DAMN DAY, for MANY HOURS STRAIGHT. I don't know about you guys but I truly enjoy having the opportunity to just lay back, relax and not give a **** about anything. Being a DJ takes a lot of concentration and hard work, and cannot really be done 24/7. Therefore you would end up burning out trying to do it every single day... Just my opinion. This post does hold water.

On_the_Top

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BryLee, well I think to solve your problems, you need to be more social, and just simile and joke around more. Be nice, but let it be known that you don't take sh!t from anyone, cause I gotta let you know, your gonna run into wrose people when you get into college and the work world.

As for me, yeah I have friends and all, but I need to work on my school problems as well. I have a supeiority complex. Me being from a city and further north, I find myself looking down on these country,inbreed, southern kids,(whoops there I go again), and for real Iam trying my best to get over my arrogance and insecurity. A day at a time.
:rolleyes:

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sounds like sit loads of excuses to be a loser.

dust yourself off and try again.

meh

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree..

Amen to that.. it's exactly the same at my school, day in, day out. In fact, I found myself trying to fit in to a group of people that were just so imature i couldnt handle it really. It was as if i had to lower myself to their trivial level in order to talk to them. Which is why I was a loner in my high school days because no one was really on my level of intelligence. No, it's not arrogance, it's just I'm one of a few.

You're exactly, right, everyone talks about the most trivial **** everyday: what was on TV, who's goin out with who, and general BS that I spew just thinking about it.

In fact, I've finally grabbed a clue, and left school, and into the workforce... because school is just an utter joke. Has been, and always will be.. if u have any clue you'll get out and work.

Leon Phelps

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Eventide
10 extra credit points if you know what movie he's quoting. Best movie ever
THis is from Office Space when the main character asks his neighbor if at his workplace they ever say "you have got a case of the mondays"

GREAT movie i must agree

Vercetti

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oxide
sounds like sit loads of excuses to be a loser.

dust yourself off and try again.
with as many posts in such a little time, you shouldn't be talking, you should get out:rolleyes:

Julius_Caesar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Highschool is crazy if you were a loser, and you are now a social climber. I think that somebody should right a bootcamp for popularity. Hey, its a challenge. I am improving my social skills right now anyways. And so I hope popularity will come right along with it.

punkrockpylot

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BryLee
The problem with being a DJ in school... Your there EVERY SINGLE DAMN DAY, for MANY HOURS STRAIGHT. I don't know about you guys but I truly enjoy having the opportunity to just lay back, relax and not give a **** about anything. Being a DJ takes a lot of concentration and hard work, and cannot really be done 24/7. Therefore you would end up burning out trying to do it every single day... Just my opinion. This post does hold water.

thats bs man...if you have the true qualities of a DJ, its not hard to keep it up through six hours. its about the same as keeping your image while in a club half of the night...not to hard...you need to work out your skills some more...

Superman X

Banned
Reaction score
Great replies BBB and Smooth. High scool can be great, if you make it great for you.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't need a boot camp for popularity. You just need to remember that you should be friendly to everybody you meet and be friendly to them forever after that.

Try becoming really good friends with somebody in a different grade. Through them you'll meet dozens of new people. Hey, it worked for me. Nobody was surprised when last night I crashed a sophomore party, and everybody was happy to see me even though I wasn't invited.

Oh yeah, and I absolutely agree with this post.