trainin' when tired

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
whenever i work out, the day after my muscles are pretty sore... i mean, they hurt when i contract'em, like when i seat down my gluteus and my thighs, or when i flex the delts or the triceps, they hurt... just a bit, not real pain. the hurtin' feelin' is not bad enough that i can't train, but i'm not sure if i should, anyway... what do u think

7 Virtues

Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless it is painful, don't worry about it.

drsquat

Don Juan
Reaction score
that is your body telling you to slow down. it takes time to reccover from a workout. give yourself time to heal from the workout. you grow when you rest and you must give your body a chance to recover or you will never grow and get stronger. it aint how often nor is it number of sets but the intensity of the set or more importantly the intensity of the rep. but rest dangit

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jay-X
whenever i work out, the day after my muscles are pretty sore... i mean, they hurt when i contract'em, like when i seat down my gluteus and my thighs, or when i flex the delts or the triceps, they hurt... just a bit, not real pain. the hurtin' feelin' is not bad enough that i can't train, but i'm not sure if i should, anyway... what do u think

Always allow yourself 48 hrs of recovery time between workouts. Why dont you try a m-w-f or tu-th-sa routine?? What I'm trying to say is work out every other day instead of everyday for better gains.

rudygee2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you just start working out?

If you did, its probably just natural soreness.

If youve been training a long time and this has never happened before, then I dont know, haha. I would just suggest take it alittle easier, but Im not expert.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
as i said, it's not a real pain, it's just soreness... i even like it, because i feel it just when i flex the muscles, when i sit (regarding the glutes and the thighs) and when i extend my arms (regarding delts, pecs and lats)... it's nothing i would worry about, but i'd like to know if it's good to workout or not... thanks!

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm sorry, i'm not an english talker, so i can't express my ideas really well. anyway, i meant that my muscles were tired... like when u have had a cross country race and the day after, you wake up and u feel all your muscles a bit sore, not hurt, but just sore

MrFitness880

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
oh ok :) sorry about that. I wasnt criticizing you at all, I just wasnt sure what information you needed.

DrSquat said what i would have, so i support his response fully. let your body rest and recover. its in recovery that you make your gains

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
unfortunatly no since they dont ship to Australia :( But i've read a lot of reviews and articles about that stuff, and they all agree that this is something pretty good.

de silva

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got a cheaper way than ETS -- just rest!

As I understood it, you're pretty new to working out. That's why you're feeling all sore. It might pay to just slow down a little bit, and ease your way into your lifting. Won't take you much longer, and you won't have to miss workouts because of soreness.

And I disagree with nightwing. You don't "always" have to give yourself 48 hours to rest. In general it's not bad advice, but there are many situations where it isn't a strict requirement.

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by de silva

As I understood it, you're pretty new to working out. That's why you're feeling all sore. It might pay to just slow down a little bit, and ease your way into your lifting. Won't take you much longer, and you won't have to miss workouts because of soreness.

And I disagree with nightwing. You don't "always" have to give yourself 48 hours to rest. In general it's not bad advice, but there are many situations where it isn't a strict requirement.
I agree with de silva, rest is the best recommendation for recovery.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by de silva

the problem is... when i bench press, i'm barely lifting my exact weight (that is 60 kgs, 130 lbs), when i'm really fit... sometimes i don't even get to 50kgs... and when i squat, it's even worse. and it's not that i'm weak, my upper body is actually pretty nice and cut. so, considering that i'm not doing big work, should i rest when i feel sore?

p.s.: i lift at home and i don't want to get blocked by the weights, that's also why i don't lift big weights... i think it's a psychological problem:)

exwhyzee

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have messed around in the wieght room for the last few years. Working out, or playing sports allows me to feel great. The thing is that I have found that the only way to really make improvement is to stay on a program (preferably designed by a trainer) because most of the time I just did whatever "I felt like"---basically wasting my time. Last summer I got a program designed for me, and for the first time ever I saw myself getting bigger and stronger, even though I was tired after the workouts I felt untouchable, it was really great. My program was designed by Josh Bryant, who is a world record holder, and I would highly suggest checking out his site, because if you tell him what you want, and do what he tells you, you can be anything you want. For more on Josh check out his site http://joshstrength.com/test/index.htm he did it for me, get a program because you will get results! He also has info on bench/squatting/deadlifting/nutrition/plyometrics/supplements etc and his own forum.