Total Shocker to My System

Leon Phelps

Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, this is a post for High School students. (so it doesnt get moved, because i adress a variety of issues)

In the past weeks i have made a few breakthroughs in my actual philosophy of life. I geuss you could call it the philosophical equivalent of a nervous breakthrough, with my entire outlook on the human condition changing. This may be confusing but screw it.

High school. Homework, hobbies and hoez, the three things we concern ourselves with most at this point, correct? Well I am about to show you the bleakness of centering our lives around these things.

Homework- We work in high school to be able to go to a good college. We work in college to get a good job. We work at a job to get a "good life", and prepare for retirement. Then we die. A vicious cycle with no real fulfillment. So tell me again, why do you stress something like school work that just feeds the cycle? Im not saying its not important, because you dont want to be broke or anything, but is it really THAT important? Think about it. My one piece of advice is to not have your life center around school, or work in general, but have your life be your life, and school be something you do to achieve other goals.

Hobbies- The way I see it, hobbies are the only thing that really has any meaning in our lives, other than meaningful relationships with our family members. But yet, I stuggle to even find the meaning of hobbies. Are they simply means of passing the time before we work again, and until our deaths? If so, why do people stress so much over these things?

Hoez- Girls. We use most of our time thinking about these beings. But think back to your past relationships. Other than memories, and maybe social proof, what do you have to show for them? All that time invested, and do you feel fullfilled? Yet they were the center of your world at that time. Now, they mean nothing.

So what do i mean by all my rambling. NOTHING MATTERS, so why worry about anything? When you are thinking about approaching that girl, remember that. NOTHING MATTERS. You wont suddenly be happy with or with out her, so dont stress it. You want to get her number, get it. You have nothing to lose, because you have nothing, and never will have anything. Im not being a pessimist, im being honest.

Any comments on this philosophy are welcome. Nice day.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rather pessimistic =).
School work is rather important. Work your ass off, do your best and be proud. It will help you later in life while the girl you would've hooked up with wouldn't have.
Hobbies... Gotta have em. They are your reward for work. Balance both. Always balance.
Girls- Don't take em seriously at this point and always rememeber there are thousands of fish in the sea

Leon Phelps

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im not saying these things arent important, believe me i know they all have their place. But im tired of people acting like their lives depend on these three things. You may be someone who like to work 5 days a week, and have fun 2 days a week, but that aint me, to each their own i geuss.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can see your view point. Girls are the icing, not the cake. As for the 2 others... I don't know, hobbies dictate fun, without fun, what's the point of life?

VampireKiller

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have thought alot about the "vicious cycle" of life in the past. It does all really seem futile. When it comes down to it, the main question your are wondering is "what is the point of life". 42

the main thing that would bug me is not being able to explain why I want to go for the "hoez" anyway. I know I do, there is no questioning that. I guess what it all comes down to is fun, and a sense of happiness. those both could be summed up in "good emotion". So if participating in the perpetual cycle is making you unhappy, then find what does. you should, however, consider the fact that your philosophy can and most likely mutate in the future.

accually, I find the "nothing matters" notion quite optimistic, because its a real load off. yet no matter what I am still somewhat timid with girls. rather than trying to explain that, I need to work on improving that field. because my past experiances tell me that it makes me happy. now I'M rambling.

hobbes344

Don Juan
Reaction score
you should read the bible. the REAL bible, so, not the dj bible. ;) 'cause in one of the old testament books, it pretty much says how life is meaningless and transitory.... just wanted to let you know for some reason.

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
Originally posted by hobbes344
you should read the bible. the REAL bible, so, not the dj bible. ;) 'cause in one of the old testament books, it pretty much says how life is meaningless and transitory.... just wanted to let you know for some reason.
Wow, what a great outlook you have on life there.

Dilly

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow- Puberty is a great thing isn't it?
You have a bad case of the "Who careszees" there mister!
Thing positive at everything in life, and you will be a better person for it. Sure, everything seems really gay at this point in your life- but get over it.
Chalk it up to the raging hormones running through your bloodstream!

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yu-huh. Thank you for your time and thanks for giving us your opinion.

Leon Phelps

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a little more to what i was saying

This isnt about "who cares" or a puberty induced rambling, but rather a realization of the meaninglessness of HUMAN "neccessities in life, in the overall spectrum.

About the bible thing, i have read that part. It basically says what i said, but a little more depressed, something i am not, contrary to how it may seem.

I dont know how many of you are religious, but my conclusion is that that is the only thing that has meaning, for it is the only thing that remains.

DISCUSS

blienk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only purpose of life is to do whatever you want before you die. That's it.

Leon Phelps

Don Juan
Reaction score
good start, but not a full concept

Some things should not be done, the common sense things like murder rape, etc... I believe Bible morality protects us from unfortanute things happening on earth, we can leave heaven and hell out of this.

For example, you murder, you go to jail. You steal, you will get in trouble. You adulterate, you can ruin relationships. Etc....

So one must do what the want, but have a little sense to it.

Still searching for the meaning of living.

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You'll soon realize that you're going about things completely wrong...

You startoff right, learn about yourself, go off DIRECTLY in the wrong direction, and then go right back where you started...but better.

Life is funny.

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you should read the bible. the REAL bible, so, not the dj bible. ;) 'cause in one of the old testament books, it pretty much says how life is meaningless and transitory....
Can you give me the book/Chapter/versus of this? Im curious

Beatflux

Don Juan
Reaction score
"As a conscious human being you give your world, and each event that happens, any and all the meaning it has."-Bill Harris

This sums up what the meaning of life is. There is no meaning unless you as a conscious human being give it one. There are no right or wrong meanings, just different ones.

To debate whether a particular meaning is right/wrong is seemingly wasteful becuase whatever we deeply believe will be true for that holder of that belief.

LayedBack

Reaction score
Originally posted by Dilly
Wow- Puberty is a great thing isn't it?
You have a bad case of the "Who careszees" there mister!
Thing positive at everything in life, and you will be a better person for it. Sure, everything seems really gay at this point in your life- but get over it.
Chalk it up to the raging hormones running through your bloodstream!
i'm happy to say as of yet i can keep those "raging hormones" in check, and as for this post, you're really only seeing life as an empty shell, its whats in that shell that makes life so great.

seloifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
leon, I'm sure you feel pretty proud of yourself for thsi brilliant epiphany, and you should be.
But it's basically one that every teenager gets. It's not exactly the discovery of the wheel.

Sure, it seems cool to think of life that way, but in essence it willg et you nowhere. Optimism is a far better route to go.

I won't get into the philosophical implications.....

LayedBack

Reaction score
Originally posted by seloifter
leon, I'm sure you feel pretty proud of yourself for thsi brilliant epiphany, and you should be.
But it's basically one that every teenager gets.
not "every" teenager feels like that, in fact i don't at all, i'm not gonna waste my time bring another pesimest like some teens cuz its way to depressing, i'd rather be layed back, the only problem with being layed back is the farther back you lay, the less you can see of whats in front of you...does that make sense? i'm not really sure cuz i just chugged a "redbull" and am preparing to read and take in the DJ bible.