Don Juan
Reaction score
1.c.d.l
2.plumber
3.sales
4.military
5.event planner
6.Insurance broker
7.pastor (I almost gagged when I found out how much they make).
8.pawnshop owner
9.private eye
10.commercial diver

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The pastor salaries that make you gag go to the ones who lead large congregations, and typically they have all been to seminary, which is usually a long, expensive, and difficult degree.

CDL truck drivers do have a degree, too, but it's from truck driving school, which takes about 2-3 weeks. Truck driving is one of the last occupations where somebody can make an above-average living almost straight from high school. $40k/yr is a reasonable estimate, which is about double the median salary in the US. But of course it's also a pretty miserable job, which is why they're always hiring.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
elite7 said:
1.c.d.l
2.plumber
3.sales
4.military
5.event planner
6.Insurance broker
7.pastor (I almost gagged when I found out how much they make).
8.pawnshop owner
9.private eye
10.commercial diver
1.c.d.l- once you see how much they cost to get one your jaw will drop. you have to realize also there are several variations of CDL. getting your hazmat is nice but it ain't cheap and it ain't easy.
2.plumber- if you own your own company you can make some money, working for someone else you ain't gonna get rich by no means.
3.sales- this can be true but the secret is you have to be able to sell. i couldn't sell a heater and heavy jacket to an Eskimo.
4.military- ha! they want you to think they make money but the reality is without a degree you'll be lucky to make Sgt Major, and that takes YEARS to achieve.
5.event planner- you better be top notch if you want to succeed in this line of work. reputation is everything, so don't expect to start out making the big $$$. takes years and years to get a good name in the business. be ready to work your @$$ off.
6.Insurance broker- see my comment about sales.
7.pastor (I almost gagged when I found out how much they make).- acctually they have to go to seminary school and then it depends on what church they place you in. my pastor makes $18,000 a year and has to preach at 3 different churches on a Sunday. he gets a house, but he has to pay his own utilities. we don't give him a car either.
8.pawnshop owner- you better know alot about all kinds of stuff. get burned a few times and you won't be in business long.
9.private eye- you better be good at this, expect to work LONG hours, dont have a family, don't think anything about putting yourself in danger, and don't expect to have work all the time.
10.commercial diver- depends on the company you work for or if you drive for yourself good luck maintaining your $200,000+ rig. diesel aint cheap and the government has regulated this industry to death. you can make $60,000 a year but don't expect to have a home life.

joverby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been in sales / customer service myself. I agree that's probably the best type of non-degree job you can get. But you have to be really and and put yourself out there.

I think the best type of sales you can get into is cell phone sales. The only companies I would consider good would be direct corporate dealers. All of them but T-Mobile will be at least $40K a year. I tried getting in with them for a while but was never able to around my area.

I would in a similar type business now but will probably be getting a job at a corporate U.S. Cellular.

Another nice part about these types of companies is if you are REALLY good and perform well(and get along with your bosses) there is room for advancement, which is really cool.

[Edit]: Also, Robert. Holy sh1t! You guys are really cheap with that pastor. He does 3 jobs on Sunday and only gets 18K year and you guys don't even give him a car and he has to pay utilities? Dang. Harsh gig. I would do it for 18K if I got a house(with utilities) and a car.

U

user43770

Power lineman make bank, but it's a dangerous job with sh1tty hours.

elite7

Don Juan
Reaction score
I say if you dont have an idea that sounds better than the current one you should not judge I didn't say these were perfect and of course most jobs take work that is why why its called work!

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Truck driving is one of the last occupations where somebody can make an above-average living almost straight from high school. $40k/yr is a reasonable estimate,
might have payed good once upon a time....but i know many of them who own their own trucks....and are crying right now....and it's not just the working conditions.

Sir Psycho Sexy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Firefighter/Paramedic. It will be around 18 months of training and very competitive to find a full time job in most states. Average salary for a full time firefighter/paramedic starts at about 50K, maybe a little less. Ranging from 35K to 60K.

Just being a paramedic is in high demand in many large cities. About 12 months of training but starting salary is only around 30-35K

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sir Psycho Sexy said:
Firefighter/Paramedic. It will be around 18 months of training and very competitive to find a full time job in most states. Average salary for a full time firefighter/paramedic starts at about 50K, maybe a little less. Ranging from 35K to 60K.

Just being a paramedic is in high demand in many large cities. About 12 months of training but starting salary is only around 30-35K
If you go this route, get the Paramedic cert. I've tested with many fire depts, as certified as an EMT, you are competing against 1000's of others for a spot. I've been accepted twice, to have both academies cancelled for budget cuts. If I went with a Paramedic, I have no doubt I'd be on an Engine right now (I did well testing).

However, I never liked the medical aspect, I wanted to fight fire. So, I refuse to become a Paramedic.

That being said, it's a great job. The most exciting thing I've ever done, biggest rush, was taking a hoseline into a burning building. Nothing like it.

I highly recommend going this route, but you must enjoy medical stuff. Get the Paramedic. That's the ticket to getting hired. My two bits.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Military no degree? If you want low level stuff mostly then sure but there are quite a few things in military actually do require degrees.

ROTC or Office Training School actually look for degrees & you advance to an officer relatively quickly.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
two jobs that come to mind that don't require college degrees and you can become a billionare at. start up a company like Microsoft or Apple.:yes:

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
English Teacher Abroad. You don't need a degree... I've been doing it 7 years + w/o.

CDL <-- this job is HARD work... don't jump in unless you are single and want to make a good buck. Don't make this your life. I have my ACZ, only ever drove rig a short while but its a damn hard life.

Welder <-- good money, toxic gas... if you aren't careful you can fuk yourself up. Put a wire through my hand once.

Pilot <-- Expensive

Chopper Pilot <-- REALLY expensive.

Nurse <-- 2 years of college and good money (friend's sister did this and now she is making 60k/year)

A+/N+/CCNA <-- Can get you a computer networking job

Programmer <-- If you are good and you've taken a few city college courses you can still nail down a good job.

Salesman <-- Big Bucks if you got the skills.

Flight Attendant

Police Officer

Cruise ship Deck Crew www.cast-a-way.com

Forklift Driver / Raymond Reach Driver ($150 for the license/training)

Chef/Cook

Entertainer / Busker

Tradesman: Mechanic, Plumber, Electrician, Roofer, Heavy Equipment Operator, Elevator Tech, Carpenter, Truck Mechanic ($$$), Forklift Mechanic, Welder, Mold Maker, CNC Programmer... you can make a REALLY good buck if you are employed in a big city with a trade.

Oil Rig Roughneck - Huge Money

Miner - Huge Money

Park Ranger

Farmer

Factory Worker

Bartender

Deck Hand

Security Guard

Manager

Limo Driver

Court Reporter

Small Business Owner

Just as a side note for anyone wanting to get a few years education on the cheap. You can go to the Philippines and pay $1000 for a year long course, taught in English in just about anything. Also have shorter introductory courses in trades requiring a bit of school to enter.

Not having a degree is not the end of the world.

elite7

Don Juan
Reaction score
commercial diving is a 5 week course with ton of of cash to be made good job if you like to travel.Firefighter is also good I am amazed how many of my guys buds ara firefighters very dangerous work if you live in south florida.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Drug Dealer
2. Pimp

I'm joking of course, crime doesn't pay in the long run but you are missing some very lucrative albeit niche jobs.

1. Vallet parker. Depending on the establishment, 60-80k is reasonable.
2 Fitness model. Again this is VERY niche but your manager could land you good contracts.
3. Waiters See vallet
4. Repo spotter this one is iffy because you almost need to have pi like qualities and quality driving skills. Even then getting "rich" isn't easy.
5. Tow truck driver. Looooong hours but a speedy hitch man can make 5k a month depending on the town.

There are lots of in demand or specialty jobs that pay well with minimal education but there are conditions like location to consider.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PRMoon said:
1. Drug Dealer
2. Pimp

I'm joking of course, crime doesn't pay in the long run but you are missing some very lucrative albeit niche jobs.

1. Vallet parker. Depending on the establishment, 60-80k is reasonable.
2 Fitness model. Again this is VERY niche but your manager could land you good contracts.
3. Waiters See vallet
4. Repo spotter this one is iffy because you almost need to have pi like qualities and quality driving skills. Even then getting "rich" isn't easy.
5. Tow truck driver. Looooong hours but a speedy hitch man can make 5k a month depending on the town.

There are lots of in demand or specialty jobs that pay well with minimal education but there are conditions like location to consider.
You watch way too much tv. Pimps? Not exactly what you see on tv. Most lucrative prostitution rings are run by ethnic gangs (even in America). And I am not talking about Mexican gangs :rolleyes: . Drug dealers make little money as well unless they are deep within a place like Mexico and heavily protected by their own little militia. In America you see the pawns of the operations. Poor, stupid kids who end up in prison for life. Real life is NOT a rap video!

I would advise you young guys to find a gay sugar daddy who has a wife and kids. Very common in that community for wealthy "supposed" straight men to be on the "down low". He will take you on trips, pay for high-end clothing, and even get you a nice apartment. Best of all, it is legal and won't get you into any trouble!

Stay safe...Stay clean...Stay legal....Go Gay!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...es-sex-tuition-college-students_n_938155.html
There you go. A link to get you going!

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of BJ, thanks for over looking the first sentence I wrote in my post saying I was joking about the first two "suggestions" I listed and running it into a pointless rant.

Second off it's just as easy to find a rich divorcee or widow and wh*ring yourself out to them as opposed to "going gay". They won't be 10's all the time but they're out there so compromising your sexual orientation a rather unnecessary not to mention extreme measure.

FLGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Pastors- Most pastors don't head large churches, so they don't make a crazy amount of money. If you consider, they are basically on call 24/7, have to counsel people....etc.
2. Sales. Sales is the #1 way to make money in this world. I'm not talking about selling for other people either.
3. Insurance- I believe the insurance verticle is the #1 ad spender with Google the market is huge. Insurance Sales actually isn't a "hard close" most of the job is finding people who actually desire the benefits of your insurance product, not hard closing every Tom, **** and Harry who will listen to ur life insurance pitch.
4. Internet Marketing. You can make a very good living doing internet marketing, literally the sky is the limit. However, you must pay your dues, there are a lot of resources which will tell you the wrong things to do, lots of trial and error, but once you get it down, you can make an incredible living.

dereklovesugly

Don Juan
Reaction score
Chef/cooking CAN pay well. I was running kitchens a year or so ago and making 45-50k.... But I also put in 70 hours a week.... Eff all that noise

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
janitoral work

my dad owns a janitorial service in little rock, he cleans up 2 doctors offices and a peanut butter factory and makes about 5=6 grand a month.

witht hat said, the peanut butter factory is pretty ****ing big and takes about 3 hours to do right and it has to be stripped/waxed once a month

my very first job ever was cleaning up a building for his company, a metropolitan bank. took all of 30 minutes a night and i was making 600 a month.

if you learn how to properly strip and wax a floor, you can easily pocket a grand a month by stripping and waxing floors on the weekend. i used to strip and wax my old barber shop for like 250 bucks and it was so small i could do it in less than 2 hours.

most people can work a regular job and clean a building on the way home from work and easily pocket 400-600 extra a month