Too Many Fuglies On Match.com???

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by picard
A singles club is where all the single people mingle to get dates and hopefully get marry too.
So it is something like Speeddating, but instead of buying a ticket you probably have to pay for even more overpriced drinks and do your approaches without any help from organizer?

Anyway, How do you find them? Speeddating event are easy to find in internet..

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by iveyleeger
"sentence"
"wince"

myspace is rubbing off on you ... :)
no sh!t. and i'm a grammar nazi. most of myspace is the MTV brain rot generation, that's fo sho.

drZaius09

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
--

Inc. ®

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure what to do now, guys. I've gotten 2 #s of myspace, but now I've got 100 friends and I'd say they are all pretty fvckable, but they aren't e-mailing me. Should I write them an e-mail?

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Inc. ®
I'm not sure what to do now, guys. I've gotten 2 #s of myspace, but now I've got 100 friends and I'd say they are all pretty fvckable, but they aren't e-mailing me. Should I write them an e-mail?
You must be kidding: unless you have a very hot pic, or very hot profile, no one is going to email you, especially at myspace. Women always wait for men to make this first step.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Inc. ®
you're gonna be lucky to get one or two cold emails out of that. you need to "approach", simple as that.

or as al77 said, you need a rockin' profile and a killer pic, one that gets their attention. that fact is, the pic is the first and only thing they see (at first). both will double or triple or more, your odds.

for your profile page...take advantage of myspace. do whatever you damn well please, it's YOUR page. do it for YOU.

spread yourself out a little and test the waters. put comments on their pages and respond to their bulletins and blogs. BUT, don't do what the 90% of the AFC's do.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
another thing with myspace...

you need to get second party websapce to host your images or whatever else you want to throw up on your page.

i use yahoo/geocities' free webspace. if you're a member of yahoo, it's a done deal. go to geocities.com and get the space.

others use photobucket.

customize, or as they say, Pimp Out, your page. you need some basic html skills for this. the better your coding skills, the better you can make your page. the only thing you can't do is incorporate javascript, for obvious security reasons.

insomniac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in a bit of a dry spell for real life opportunties, so I'm back on match for awhile.

Anyway, I wrote a short, four sentence e-mail to one girl. A few hours later I get back:

"It sounds like maybe we should meet and check each other out, what do you think?"

After only one e-mail? Not a bad thing, but I'm wondering if this is a sign of desperation. She had four pictures up and looked good in all of them...but maybe they are old. I'm trying to think of a way to determine how old the pictures are. Just ask her?

Another one I'm having a hard time getting a "normal" flow of communication with. She responds enthusiastically and quickly, but just kills any momentum I'm trying to build...almost like each time I write her I have to start over. She mentions being very shy in her profile...maybe that's part of it.

drZaius09

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by insomniac
"It sounds like maybe we should meet and check each other out, what do you think?"
This sounds really off. Is this all she wrote in the email?

I've determined that pictures are no more certain than a roll of the die. I recently went out with this one girl who had stellar pictures, and when I met her it looked like her face got bashed in with a bucket of concrete. That seems to be indicative of what I've been seeing lately. But on the other hand, I've taken chances on girls with sketchy pics that turned out better than I expected. One thing is for sure, if she's that eager to meet you, you'll probably need a lift-gate to take her out (if you catch my drift) :cool:

Another one I'm having a hard time getting a "normal" flow of communication with. She responds enthusiastically and quickly, but just kills any momentum I'm trying to build...almost like each time I write her I have to start over. She mentions being very shy in her profile...maybe that's part of it.
I hate that sh1t.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

After only one e-mail? Not a bad thing, but I'm wondering if this is a sign of desperation. She had four pictures up and looked good in all of them...but maybe they are old. I'm trying to think of a way to determine how old the pictures are. Just ask her?
I don't think it is bad. She might hang out online for a while and realize that it is better to meet and see if it works or not.
I have seen a couple of such ladies, though I admit it is not usualy for a woman.
It is like a cat instead of running away from you would start chasing you like a dog.

Melvin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone had any luck not being a member on match? Just sending out winks in hopes that a chick who's a member sends you an email? I'm trying to avoid the payment process if it's possible.

I never had much luck with myspace, but that's just me. The hot chicks I saw had about 900 guys on a leash and the whole site seemed too clique-ish. But I'm sure there's a few gems on there if you put the time in.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Melvin
Anyone had any luck not being a member on match? Just sending out winks in hopes that a chick who's a member sends you an email? I'm trying to avoid the payment process if it's possible.

I never had much luck with myspace, but that's just me. The hot chicks I saw had about 900 guys on a leash and the whole site seemed too clique-ish. But I'm sure there's a few gems on there if you put the time in.
Give it up if you aren't willing to pay for full functionality through any dating service. Women get so many responses it's ridiculous. Only guys with exceptional profiles and pictures to match will have any chance with just sending a wink.

You need to be able to grab her interest and a wink just won't cut it.

insomniac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by al77
I don't think it is bad. She might hang out online for a while and realize that it is better to meet and see if it works or not.
I have seen a couple of such ladies, though I admit it is not usualy for a woman.
It is like a cat instead of running away from you would start chasing you like a dog.
Sounds like she hates writing long e-mails and would rather cut to the chase...all good with me. Still, a exchanging a couple e-mails is good so I can see if she can spell and has some level of intelligence. Meeting up with her on Tuesday.

The shy girl is finally warming up, even gave me her phone number. Damn. I hate talking on the phone. Most of the times it ends up with us meeting, but I've lost their interest once or twice.

Have about five other ones that have written to me that I'm corresponding with. Other than that, haven't tried writing to any others yet.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like she hates writing long e-mails and would rather cut to the chase...all good with me. Still, a exchanging a couple e-mails is good so I can see if she can spell and has some level of intelligence.
In my experience, those type who want to meet fast are likely have the princess complex - they are looking for a prince an ready to discard you if you doesn't fit her prince image.
They are a bit spoiled with online opportunties and not afraid to show you that they are picky.

Another posibility - she is a bit dumb, can't write anything and sure want to meet to for a drink - she will do nothing.

Both case do not sound great.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like she hates writing long e-mails and would rather cut to the chase...all good with me. Still, a exchanging a couple e-mails is good so I can see if she can spell and has some level of intelligence. Meeting up with her on Tuesday.

The shy girl is finally warming up, even gave me her phone number. Damn. I hate talking on the phone. Most of the times it ends up with us meeting, but I've lost their interest once or twice.

Have about five other ones that have written to me that I'm corresponding with. Other than that, haven't tried writing to any others yet.
I agree with the meeting sooner than later. After a couple of interesting emails I just tell them that it would make sense if we just met.

As for the phone thing, just call with a purpose. Recount a couple of things that you exchanged in your emails and then cut to the chase, get the date. Typically, I just bypass the whole telephone number until the date. If she's interested, she just gives it to me.

It's good that you are corresponding to a few women at once. It easily combats 'One-itis' and it gives you more options to tweak your sarging skills.

By the way, out of curiosity, what is the typical size of the women who contact you? Are they the typical Minnesota Snow Cow type? :p

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
update:

of my original leads from myspace....5 A-Leads and 5 B-Leads...two of the A's flaked, but one of the B's got promoted :)

in the meantime, i have limited myself to 15 minutes a day for myspace sarging--getting NEW leads. i revamped my profile big time and i'll leave it be for a while. this 15 minutes is getting me about 1-2 'leads' a day, which is about right since only perhaps 1 or 2 of the 10ish a week is an actual real lead.

just like a 'sales' pipeline, get it full, then keep it full.

got 10 initially, pretty quickly as mentioned before. a couple per week are dropping out, but a couple per week are coming in. i always want to have 5 A-Leads going on.

insomniac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
I agree with the meeting sooner than later. After a couple of interesting emails I just tell them that it would make sense if we just met.

As for the phone thing, just call with a purpose. Recount a couple of things that you exchanged in your emails and then cut to the chase, get the date. Typically, I just bypass the whole telephone number until the date. If she's interested, she just gives it to me.

It's good that you are corresponding to a few women at once. It easily combats 'One-itis' and it gives you more options to tweak your sarging skills.

By the way, out of curiosity, what is the typical size of the women who contact you? Are they the typical Minnesota Snow Cow type? :p

Alright, meeting with the non-emailer tomorrow night. That's all set.

Just talked to the shy girl on the phone. It wasn't too bad...but I hate talking on the phone! Lasted about 25 minutes. Nothing too exciting...got her laughing a few times. I brought up getting together for a drink. She said "Yeah, that sounds good" which I always interpret as a negative, but then she gave suggestions for when she was availabe. So, we have plans for meeting up on Saturday.

Yes, you're right, corresponding with and pursuing multiple women is the ultimate defense against oneitis. The single most important thing I've learned.

I do get the fat girls e-mailing me, but only about a third. Another third seems to be 30-40yo divorcees, and the last third women who fit all my requirements listedd. My only complaint is there aren't more brunettes in the area.