Too late to approach?

bennymd

Reaction score
Since there is a 3 second rule, is it too late to approach if you go way past that? What if you were getting IOI's?

Problem is, I'm talking weeks past. I guess I'm still recovering from a break-up (long term relationship), but I want to get back into dating now. I've noticed I've been getting a lot of IOI's from a few cute girls at the gym. I sometimes catch their glances and I notice they'll frequently come near me. One girl always manages to subtly hop on the elliptical next to mine when I start my workout.

It's weird though, I definitely feel this tension but it seems strange to try to bust out with some opener after all this time. It's like if I wanted to approach them, why didn't I do it a month ago and wait all this time? I'm guessing I should just chalk it up to lesson learned, and to try to approach faster in these situations next time. Besides, I feel like there's been so much expectation built up my anxiety would be through the roof.

But I'm interested in hearing if anyone else has been in this situation before and successfully opened anyway? Or if anyone else has some advice? Thx.

rocky_mtn

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No, the 3 second rule is a technique not to chicken out. I think the 3s rule is misunderstood. Its from the moment you actually decide to make your approach, you have 3 seconds to follow through so that you don't chicken out. It may take minutes or hours to scope out a joint, make your rounds, make eye contact, see who is single and who isn't.

When the moment is ripe to approach then use the 3 second rule, but it can take some time to get setup for the right target.

bennymd

Reaction score
Thanks, I get that point. I probably shouldn't have even mentioned the whole 3 second thing I was just referring to it. Any advice on the specific situation?

Bay area pimp

Banned
Reaction score
You might want to make sure your balls are still attached. It's never too late. Just dont put it off any longer :up:

Krang!

Don Juan
Reaction score
Blah - the rules are guidelines to get you into the right mindset, the right attitude - not absolute truths. Way more worth than reading the bible over and over again is to go out and gain some experience with your newfound knowledge. A well analyzed C&B is worth gold!

Now on your specific situation, I can't see the problem. Sounds like a great oppurtunity to say "Hi" next time... seeing that you guys have seen each other around alot it would be a natural thing to do eh? Take it from there and remember to have fun! :up: