too funny?

psychofurryewok

Reaction score
Just a quick question...can you be to funny? I am a comedian by nature, stand up comedy is a future goal and funny is just my thing. When I'm around girls though I'm constantly making them laugh, because of this I can't seem to get a serious conversation out of anyone because they all want me to be funny or say something funny. Am I being to funny?

BWSL2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Think back to medieval times, and tell me who was in charge:

The king, or the jester?

There can be too much of a good thing. If you want to get respect and have people take you seriously, then you need to act like a man that gets respect and is taken seriously.

Don't stop being funny though-just scale back enough to get results.

Ironically, it will make your jokes that much funnier. Since you won't always be cracking jokes, the ones you do make will be that much funnier, and that much more valuable. Kind of like making yourself not available-your jokes would be harder to find, so that means they're that good, right?

oreo_renegade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It would really depend on what your goal is. Are you being funny for social reasons, is that really how you view life (lightheartedly), or are you practicing for you career?

What is you motivation for being funny? If it is to just pick-up girls, and become a sociable peson then I would suggest scaling down. If you just like humour and enjoy the jokes youself then I dont see why you should make yourself less happy.

The choice is really yours, think about why you are funny, and how being funny maks you feel. Then think about why you would STOP being funny all the time, and how that would make you feel.

PEACEDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You want to be funny, but you want to be funny in ways that you can neg-hit at the sametime your trying to be funny. So in my case I talk confident and throw in a funny neg hit here and there.

Lt dan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i wouldnt stop any. i make people laught all the time. im constantly being told that im the funniest person they know. but there are a whole lot of chicks who like me and ive got a hot girlfriend so i wouldnt stop. theres no reason you cant have a serious conversation with somebody.