Tons of new convertibles

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally love them.

06 models will bring (or allready have brought) convertibles. Most of them redisigned to follow the Peugeot trend of the hardtop. Ford Ka's and Focus will come in. Opel's Tigra, Smart, Nissan's Micra... lot's of 'em. Just 2 years ago if you wanted a hardtop convertible you had to go with pricy ones like Mercedes. Now, you've got -20,000 convertibles.

Although, just by looking at them, you can't compare a nissan 350z with a micra convertible.

Fastfood-like cars, agree?

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nissan 350Z is a good car.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont like convertibles...a moon roof does it for me

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A Smart Car convertible? I'm imagining a motorized rickshaw.

Pontiac is making the G6 a hardtop convertible. It's the first four seat hardtop droptop in the USA, as far as I know.

A Micra hardtop convertible seems impossible. It doesn't even have a trunk. Where is the top gonna be stored, unless they go Geo Metro and give it a trunk just for the droptop version?

Anyways, convertibles are awesome. Every car should be a convertible.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/spyphotoid/6050428.001/nissan/1.html

http://www.japanesecarfans.com/photos.cfm/PhotoID/3050429.002/nissan/1.html

I think it's a bad choice to make it 4 seats.. its ridiculous. No space at all.

Volkswagen concept C is another one. I'd like to point out to undesputable, and others, that the Micra has a moon roof when it's covered. Concept C too.

What I didn't like about the Micra one is the 4 seats... dumb. I'd rather have a bigger trunk, and more space.

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm excited for the Pontiac Solstice. Base model is under 20,000 and there is a turbocharged 240HP version coming out :-D

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You lucky Euro :mad:

Also the 350z Roadster looks terrible with the top up, down it looks hot. And this is coming from a 350z super fanboi fanatic.

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think there need to be more cars with t/targa tops. I love them on my Camaro. It's like 2/3rds of a convertable without the huge loss in structural rigidity.

JPR

Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you guys seen the new Ford Mustang convertables? They can't make enough of em right now and the plant that makes them is operating 24hrs a day! There is a 1yr wait if you order a GT convertible model (GT has a V8 engine) I am working for that Ford plant temporarily and see em everyday, they make me drool :)

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
Screw Convertibles...unless its a carrera GT LOL 653 horses...MMMmmMmmmMm..

Otherwise Convertibles....:down:

350z...meh their nice theres one around here that is hardcore, 400hp...supercharged, etc etc.

However....my pick is...

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/lancerevolution/ :up: EVO POWER!!!!

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use to work at an exotic car rental shop out her in LV. We had a Lambo Murcielago spyder and a 360 spyder. I have to say the Lambo has go to be the hottest convertable on the planet...period. but few people can afford the 425K price tag behind it :eek:

My personal favorite convertable is the m3, classy but cool and my favorite overall car is the SRT 8 Charger.

sigh, won't be getting any new rides besides this used S10 I'm looking at to stow my Box 5 R1 in the back of.