To Shy!!!

xomel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wow...

This is what helped me stop being shy:

i found out what a loser I was and how i was never going to make any new friends or ever get a girlfriend or feel good about my self until I stop being shy.

the fact that you are doomed to be a loser if you dont change your ways should power you towards your goal.

Izo

Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, too is spelled with TWO "o's." Secondly, you have to think about your situation a little....and you have to realize the CAUSE of your shyness. Everything you do is CAUSED by something. Are you really that afraid of rejection? If you are, then you still have a very long way to go. And you have to realize that most girls are just as insecure as everyone else, even if they don't show it. You need the right attitude, and the right mindset, as is reiterated in the Bible.

I also think that you are trying to measure yourself with other people. I don't know for sure, though. Maybe you see other people and you wish you were them? That's what I used to do. The answer to that is DON'T. Why would you want to be them anyway? You are better than them, at least in some things.

And one last thing, once you understand WHY you are so fkn shy, you have to realize what CAUSED you to think that way to begin with. What event or what philosophy leads you to believe that shyness is the answer? And how can you change it? I know that I'm telling you to think a LOT, but thinking TOO much can also hurt you. Figure it all out, but when the time comes, don't think; instead, just DO it.

Weeuweed

Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm..
first , how shy are u??
shy til u dun have frens?
aww.. man... u need serious help if that's true :rolleyes:

but on the other hand, if u got plenty of frens..
there ought to be som1 who is not shy, fun, funny, witty as ur fren.. so wad do i do??

mix with em...
as time goes by.. u will also be influenced by them.. ;)

Reaction score
go to the nearest boxing club OR *****house and get it out of your system.....ain't nothing wrong in getting an easy lay every once in awhile as long as you use condoms.

DaveGuitarPlaya

Reaction score
I read this somewhere on sosuave, and I think its a real good idea. I'm not taking credit for the idea just restating..

Go somewhere with your friends.. liiiikkkee.. I would say bar, but your too young. A concert would work, a club for younger teens if one is close by, a party would work. Anywhere with lots of people.

This works better if your drinking, for you drinkers.

Okay, you guys all get together and start talking to as many chicks as you can. You purposely try to get rejected by the chick. You go up to them, use the cheesiest pick up lines, the stupidest approaches, and just try to weird them out lol. You keep score, and the guy with the most rejections wins.

And the best part is, when you know your trying to be rejected, your confidence for some reason has a little boost, and some girls might go for you, no matter how stupid your TRYING to be. if the oppurtunity is worth forefitting the game go for it.

I've done this twice at partys, I'm pretty good lol. It really does boost your confidence, and its hella fun.

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wonderbread166
Your fear is your worst enemy.
Nay... :) Your fear is your friend, though sometimes it is best to move-on from old friends.

Without fear we are without control, without control there is chaos, and with chaos we are no better than any other animal.

Then again, we probably aren't anyway ;).

Extra

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by FreeStyleZ
sounds like something more than shyness. Visit www.socialanxietysupport.com
Also look into a med called paxil.
I agree that you might want to look into medication. My friend has a severe case of social anxiety. He says it feels like wherever he goes or what ever he does that people are watching him. He says it feels like he's always standing in front of a huge audience giving a speech.

If you don't feel like that is your problem and it really is just shyness, the thing I always try to remember when approaching/getting the #, is that I will never get another chance, and I have to do it now.
What have you got to lose if you get shot down? Nothing. Chances are that you may never see this person again, so who cares if they end up not liking you. Besides, just being able to say "I did it! I talked to her!" is a great feeling, whether you win or lose (At this point just saying "Hi" will be a victory in itself.).
I think that one of the best things you could do is to purposefully try to get rejected so that you will see that it is not that bad. ( I had to do this myself, after reading about it on sosuave, and one girl ended up giving me her # anyways! I don't understand chicks sometimes.)

I think that what Izo said about trying not to measure up to others is a good tip. I used to do that and sometimes I still do :( . ( I have a couple of friends who are "naturals" I gotta hang out with them more often.)

The only thing I can say that will really help you is just to tell you to get out there and just do it. Nothin' to lose, everythin' to gain - right?

EDIT: Sorry Dave, didn't see that you already posted about purposefully getting rejected. Credit where credit is due :) .

Supero Masculus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Get a close friend to beat the f*ck out of you everytime you pass up a chance to approach a girl!

Trust me, pain is the best teacher!

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When you believe that it doesn't work, it doesn't. Keep doing it and eventually you'll get used to it and get the hang of it.

Wonderbread166

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Smooth as Anything
Nay... :) Your fear is your friend, though sometimes it is best to move-on from old friends.

Without fear we are without control, without control there is chaos, and with chaos we are no better than any other animal.

Then again, we probably aren't anyway ;).
Let me restate..

Illogical fear is Mr Shy's worst enemy.

Fear is a result of evolution, and is a natural response to the unknown. It has always been a crucial part to our basic survival, and still is. What I meant to say was that in many situations in our society, fear is self-destructive. It keeps many of us from taking necessary risks and often keeps us from living the way we want to.

Clearly, fear is keeping Mr Shy from doing things that, logically and objectively, are not worth being afraid of.

Mr Shy, I highly suggest that you grab your balls and just do it. For just five minutes, completely ignore your fear and see what happens. Who knows, you might just look back and say, "Hey, that wasn't that bad!"

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You do need to do it in small steps.

STEP ONE: Go to a womans store, yes a womans.
STEP TWO: walk up to the hottest assistant and tell her it's your friend's birthday and you have no idea what to buy her.
STEP THREE: ask her to pick out a few items.
STEP FOUR: while she does the above, get talking to her.

Bob's your uncle, billy's your aunt. You're not shy!.