To call or not to call again?

wysiwyg6000

Don Juan
Reaction score
I found someone from Match.com and we start talkin on the phone earlier this week (spoke twice, both 15 minutes a piece, asked for a meet on the 2nd call and she said ok but I never setup a time/place with her on that call). So basically, I call her Thursday to setup a time/place and leave a VM with her, no response yet. I know she's a really busy person so it my take her a little bit to get back to me (she has in the past), but I kind of want to meet her right away because she seems like the real deal. Do you think it's wise to call her this afternoon? I don't want to come off as too eager or pushy...I'd especially hate it if I had to leave a VM again.

ApocalypseCow2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd call again. Sunday night is usually a good time to call, cuz girls are home watching TV. What benefit would there be to not calling?

wysiwyg6000

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ApocalypseCow2
Yeah, I'd call again. Sunday night is usually a good time to call, cuz girls are home watching TV. What benefit would there be to not calling?
well, basically I don't want to just talk to her on the phone...in fact, I can't stand talking on the phone because I'd rather talk to her in person on a date. I basically wanted to call her today so that we could setup a date for either tonight or tomorrow. We're both really busy, so going out during the week is just not an option.

booga

Don Juan
Reaction score
Again, a disclaimer, I'm not the most experienced guy out there, but I would call once/week on a random weeknight for 3 or 4 weeks before flushing a #. Forget about what you like & what you hate: it won't cost you anything so you have nothing to lose. There are some advice books for women that advise them to play hard to get by not returning calls, remember that. It sounds like yr ego may be getting the best of you.

Edit: contrary to the Doc's advice I am starting to prefer e-mail over phone # for exactly this reason.