To AFC or NOT to AFC...

salthepal

Don Juan
Reaction score
come on guys ,

AFC means Another Frustrated Chump , with the emphasis on CHUMP ....

it describes all guys who've been taught to "be nice" to get girls, but are frustrated that their acting like chumps is repelling the chicks.

if your girl is really into you, then it doesn't matter what you do. Unless of course you're acting like a chump , which will will turn her off. She's gonna think she deserves better than such a chump.

I suggest replacing the term AFC on this board with the word CHUMP, because it is so much more obvious and to the point .... EVERYBODY HERE USES THE TERM AFC LIKE ITS SOME FANCY THING >> IT JUST MEANS CHUMP

the first stop to becoming a DJ is to stop thinking like a CHUMP

OzzyBoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think there is anything wrong with acting a bit afc - but the secret is not too much.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Come on Kinetic, it doesn't matter how close you are to these girls, they're not gonna tell you that they like dislike AFC guys; they are constantly tryin' to sell themselves, and anyone who will listen, on these guys; to be happy with what they have. Rationalization at its best here. They probably won't admit it because they themselves don't know what's going on. Why would they tell you, "Kinetic, I really dislike the behaviour of my current boyfriend." Off course not; They won't admit the fact to themselves, to their guy, or to you.

Even if they got the whole dynamics figured out, wich I doubt it at ages 19-24, what are the chances that they will remain attracted to these guys, since they wear the pants?

Ask them, "Do you gals find ass kissing, suplicating, approval seeking, nice guys, with no backbone, attractive?"

The answer will make it clear to you. Even if they said yes, most likely they are lying because they won't admit that they're not dating a man who has full control over his balls.

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gangster Of Love
Come on Kinetic, it doesn't matter how close you are to these girls, they're not gonna tell you that they like dislike AFC guys; they are constantly tryin' to sell themselves, and anyone who will listen, on these guys; to be happy with what they have. Rationalization at its best here. They probably won't admit it because they themselves don't know what's going on. Why would they tell you, "Kinetic, I really dislike the behaviour of my current boyfriend." Off course not; They won't admit the fact to themselves, to their guy, or to you.

Even if they got the whole dynamics figured out, wich I doubt it at ages 19-24, what are the chances that they will remain attracted to these guys, since they wear the pants?

Ask them, "Do you gals find ass kissing, suplicating, approval seeking, nice guys, with no backbone, attractive?"

The answer will make it clear to you. Even if they said yes, most likely they are lying because they won't admit that they're not dating a man who has full control over his balls.
Why? Because these close friends have told me everything from "Ye he was hot and looked like a bastard player so I went after him to fvck him", they talk to me about EVERYTHING from how their current BFs are in bed (I'm talking details down to penismeassurements and how it takes before they come). Ok I see you don't have the same kind of friendly relationship with girls I have... I have more CLOSE girl friends as in best friends than boys.... So trying to tell me they are holding stuff back or anything is just plain silly because they ain't....

I'm not saying one should go SUPERAFC and be a spineless idiot... I'm just saying that some AFC traits seem to be important/helpfull for many and many girls like it...

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually TOTALLY agree Kineti Charm on this!!! But I think some of you are taking his thoughts outta context. Let me explain.

To lay a girl and seduce her you definitely have to be 100% DJ! No if's and's or butt's about that!! But if you want to progress further than that once you've met a girl you really have interest in and like, then you do need to open up a little. I wouldn't necessarily say that means being AFC. AFC's always do the wrong thing, but you DO need to show her that you care about her just enough so that she knows your not CONSTANTLY playing games. Girls love guys like us who keep things interesting and fresh. But after a certain amount of time your gonna HAVE TO open up to her if you want it to progress any further!! Whether you guys want to agree with that or not doesn't matter to me, because I've seen the same thing happen over and over again. New DJ's who think you ALWAYS have to play the game to get a girl. Yeah they'll definitely get laid and all, but if they want more, the girl will probably NEXT him because she gets sick of the games and mind fukin'.

Just a tip, keep it in mind.

PIMP

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Charmer, AFC and what you are describing in your last few posts, are two differnt things. AFC does things to get approval because he knows not better. AFC believes that doing nice things will get the girl, he manipulates withouth realizing, he's clueless, and doesn't know it. DJ, does all those things because he wants to, he doesn't need to, he chooses to. DJ does things while being aware of everything that is going on. Entirely differnt context, nothing wrong with doing nice stuff. NOT AFCish, that means something else. I get what you're tryin' to say.

I guess you and I will disagree on the definition of AFC, which by definition is not a good thing at all. Somebody already brought this up in a response earlier, so I'll leave it at that. So, DJ is the way to go, all the way. DJ is about making yourself attractive that you keep the girls you get regardless of the nice things you do. I agree when you say that once you get the girl, by being DJ, techniques, lines, games, etc. don't matter, because you're your own person who's totally comfortable and knows what's up, a DJ.

I do stand by what I said earlier, thoug, you start being too nice, you will loose your balls and the girl, because that's when you get into AFC territory, wich is NOT GOOD. Long Live the Pussification of America.

And btw, you have no idea on the kinds of friendships I have or don't have. I don't know how old you are, but I advise you to not take this $hit too personal chief. It's just a
message board, and when you post in a place like this, people will have different opinions than you.

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Allright, I'm not going to disagree, BUT, I DO disagree with how this post is written.

Originally posted by Kineti[C]harm
I have just realized a couple of things lately that might have been pretty obvious to many but that I feel this forum thoroughly ****s up....

It's the DJ attitude that is developed, this is what attracts women. Teaching a guy every technique in the book, the guy can then master all the tricks and still see bad results. However, if you develop the right attitude, which is just an extension of your simple AFC attitude, the techniques will develop themselves.

If you are dating a girl you like, having sex with her etc. If you actually want to pursue anything with this girl, stable I have lately realized via personal experience from friends and girls I know and also what girls I've done have said to me that the AFC way is to go.... That means calling alot,
Over time, in a relationship exclusively with one woman, yes, you will eventually want to start calling her fairly often. She will eventually be excited and anxious for when you do call... but it's important that you keep living your life.

writing nice poetic SMS, exposing feelings and ****.... I know this is totally anti DJ but it's really weird.

exposing your feelings can be a good thing, BUT it's important to not drown the woman in your emotions, she has enough emotions for herself. Poetry in itself is not bad, if you are good, and, once again, that your not drowning the woman in emotion.

I know of several "onthewaytorelationship" that went fvckh0e because the boys were too DJ, unserious and fvcking around (not as in sex)...

This has actually happened to myself twice. The problem in my case wasn't so much that I was TOO DJ, it was that I didn't recognize soon enough that the women that I was with were actually great women.

So my advice is actually to be AFCish if you really want someone. Maybe this is a cultural difference but i've talked to several girls today that went mush due to kozy messages and poems and **** on their cells.
Okay, if you got the right attitude, and are smart enough to know when you have a great woman, that you don't wanna screw things up, you can have an easier time. What is better is to just be yourself (not your AFC self), and if you screw things up still, its cause it wasn;t meant to be... or that you weren't compatible to start. If you start going from DJ to AFC and back again, then you will be noticed as the fraud that you are.... actors are not appreciated in relationships...

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A few things about this post. Most of this is a argument about words. We all seem to attach different meanings or visions to the word "AFC". I don't think there's a solid, agreeable definition out there, and if there is one, I haven't seen it articulated.

Good point by xblitz about all girls being different. That's the bottom line. You can't take one thing and generalize it across the board like that when you live in a world full of individuals. For example, I don't like a certain type of music, but someone else might. It's difficult to resolve that except to say that everything must be taken on a case-by-case basis. That being said, I'd probably have to say that the most general statement that might be made as to being AFC is that a guy who seeks approval from a girl for all his actions will likely not get too far with a woman. As for everything else, you can buy her flowers, you can buy her gifts, but if you do it, don't expect anything back from it for goodness sakes! Just do it, and move on. Let her draw whatever she likes from it, but don't in essence expect absolute gratitude from her for doing it.

I think too many guys do stuff that is considered "nice", but then they have all these high expectations from the woman for doing it. I think that's where the AFC stuff comes in. Girls like guys who seem to be somewhat spontaneous in their talk, and not blabbering idiots when it comes to talking to them. That to me is where a lot of the "chemistry" is. If you meet a girl who you can banter back and forth without really thinking and the conversation just flows, then there is certainly going to be a feeling that you two "click", and there is at least some chemistry between you. This translates into some attraction most of the time, and where it goes from there depends on how well you fan the flames.

I was at work today, and I literally went from talking to one girl then another, and then another. All of them were hot, but I'd say I was really only interested in one of them, which is the most difficult one to get (not because she's difficult to get, but because she's the hottest girl I've ever seen). The other ones are about HB7s or 8s (the one that's an 8 is actually pretty hot, and we have great chemistry, and I'm going to be hanging with her every morning because we planned to study together for this exam we have). I just met her too like a few days ago, but we were talking nonstop, and it was great chemistry. I can imagine, however, that I can destroy this pretty quick by becoming sort of pathetic, which I can imagine some guys doing, where they realize that they sort of like the girl and begin to think too much.

Thinking too much can ruin everything. You can't be worried about what you say. That to me is a total AFC move in every meaning of the word. At the same time though, You can't be so uninhibited that you don't know your limits. See, most people I know can't balance these things too well. They tend to go too far in either direction. The key is knowing how much is too much. Easier said than done, and it comes through practice and failures. Nothing works better than being in the field and testing yourself. Most AFCs are too afraid of rejection to take this step, therefore they never learn it.

Anyways, I agree with most of this thread, but the only problem is that people can read it and get the wrong idea.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hah, Kinetic I was arguing with you on another point, but I completely agree with you here. I'm a nice guy, and I probably get more girls than most of the guys with a thousand plus posts on here. I know exactly what you're talking about because me and two of my closest friends do this. I don't really know how to explain, so I will just give examples. Kinetic has a great point (one that I've been trying to make for a while) I just think there are some misunderstandings.

For example, today in one of my classes one of the two girls I usually sit by needed a worksheet I needed too. I've been talking to this girl a lot everyday. I haven't really got her number yet, but I like her a little bit, and I can tell she likes me. I looked at her and said "Oh I will get one for you while I'm down there." Her eyes lit up and she thanked me. On the way out of class I made it a point to hold the door for her, and I got the same response from her. And what do I get out of these responses? These two talking about how sweet and cute I am whenever I'm not around. I don't know this is just the freshest example in my head, but is this what you guys consider AFC? Because this has gotten me girls since my senior year of high school.

Don't get the impression that me or any of my friends are pushovers either. We fight and engage in conflict when we need to. We all are also extremely polite, and we smile at girls when we talk to them. We do lots of sh!t like this, and to be honest with you I thought this was what you all called "DJing" for a real long time until I read a lot on this site and discovered this is really more AFC. I'm really the only one out of us who can make the girls laugh, so I guess I can attract them with this, but my other two friends aren't really funny at all. They just basically act like me, but they're not really all that funny.

You all want to give me some thoughts on this? Sometimes it sounds like everything I do flies in the face of this website. That's the main reason for my cynical responses.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok this is going to sound extremely stupid, but if you've ever watched Real World my friends and I act a lot like Ace does. Girls say the same stuff about me and my friends as they seem to say about Ace.

Another interesting thing I want to bring up is I've never had a problem with the friends zone. It's like it doesn't exist for me. I think just about any girl I talk to could become my girlfriend easily.

I'm just trying to help you guys understand this phenomenon a little better.

asscrap

Reaction score
Mike, If you have been AFCish sort of and you dont get the LJBF **** you must be good looking. Am I right to say this?

I am average looking and recently I went after a girl and lost to an AFC ugly fella. They are couple now and having hot steamy sex now. I am still kinda bitter the **** in this forum doesn't work.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hold on man. I got a big post coming that should clear this up and hopefully break some ground. Look for it in a second.