Tired of clueless people in my life....

FM 3321

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So my sister comes home from work and tells me "This guy came up to me and wanted to know my name and phone number, what was he thinking?" So I ask, "was he cute?" and she's like "no, but I'm tired of all these guys hitting on me."

And to be honest, hearing this crap is ****ing discouraging. Even the girl I last dated would be like "Yeah, today this guy was looking at me in the store and then came up and asked for my number, why can't these guys leave me alone." My response to her was, "Maybe you should have given him a chance, was he hot?". Her answer is "no, he was ugly." I just joked around how he might have a good personality but I'm tired of hearing how girls complain about guys hitting on them.

It just seems like all women in my life complain about men all the damn time and I just want to tell them shut the F up. Men are better than you.

So maybe this is a rhetorical question but do you hear this stuff everyday from women in your life?

I'm so glad I've found this site and other resources because it's stuff like this that paralyzes men from getting the women they want.

Also alot of guys that I know or have met are against having success with women. I was playing pool with a friend and his brother over the holidays and I was having fun flirting and talking to this older woman. She wasn't an HB9 or anything but my friends kept interrupting me saying I should focus on our pool game and also suggesting that the girl I was talking to was older and wasn't that hot.

Another time I was at a club with some friends and they were afraid to approach women after talking about how big their game was in the car. There were 3 hot girls standing in an area and the guys I was with were talking about these two HB9.5's and one HB7. I told them, go talk to them. They came up with an excuse and I went to talk to them. I got blown out but was happy because I've never approached women like that before and in the process gained some wisdom that you'd never get from just reading and listening to seduction material. These same guys were discouraging me from doing that again while talking about how hot the girls were in the club. I still did my approaches though.

Anyway, this is just a rant but we all have people we interact with and I've noticed that they seem to bring you down when you try to acheive success with something. I was just wondering what your thoughts were on this. We're gonna make it no matter what......never stop learning. ;)

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

FM 3321,

I don't hear it, nor would I expect to hear it to my face. But guess what?

I WOULD LOVE FOR A WOMAN TO DO SUCH A THING. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT.

Because it would demonstrate what a down right empty person she is. It would pain her too much to be that vindictive in person, so a woman is unlikely to do that. But when she does, know full well you come loaded to dismantle her should she present poor behavior. Just do it in a classy way.

And to me...asking for her number is 1 Test on your part for finding out how she is as a person. The second test occurs when you Leave a message or Call her. How does she act? Does she return the number if you leave a message? Each of them is a hoop for her to jump through, and a confident girl who is semi-serious about you will return your call and NOT think about revealing interest.

Test 1: Does she give out the digits? What's her attitude like?

Test 2: When you call, does she answer? If you voicemail her, has she returned your call in a short period of time?

Test 3: Were you able to set a flexible date?

Calling and chatting is all for naught if your goal is to date her. You might get on the date in a month and found out you despise each other in person. What then? You wasted a whole month getting to know each other view technology, and then when it's time to anty up, you get crushed out of the game because of a poor hand. Not fun.

A-Unit

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah most of my female friends say this stuff too. I'd often be out with them when guys would try hitting on them and I can completely understand why it would get annoying.

Imagine if everywhere you went some fat girl tried hitting on you. You're trying to talk to your friends and you're interrupted by a fat girl trying to chat you up. Or you're on your way somewhere and you're stopped by a fat girl. She's making you late, you are politely trying to brush her off, yet she's not taking the hint.

sapphire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You think they would be annoyed if they were approached by a brad pitt look alike or some other hot looking guy? Not if they were single and attracted to men.

They are only annoyed for superficial reasons. That is why I shutter with disbelief every time I hear a girl say that she is more attracted to personaility than looks.

The reality is if a girl is physcially attracted to you she will not be annoyed at all.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Sometimes getting hit on and approached is annoying, especially if you're being hit on by someone you aren't at all attracted to. I try to be polite when it happens to me while trying not to give the impression that I'm interested. There's a fine balance. With most people, if you're polite to them when they hit on you, they mistake it for interest and won't move along.

I can honestly say that there has only been one time when I have been absolutely brutal to a guy that hit on me, but he deserved it because he was totally rude and obnoxious towards me. I didn't know this guy, had never talked to him or even seen him before. He came up to me and said "You and your friend, and me and my friend will leave and have a good time, right?" To be sure I heard him right I said "What did you just say?" and he repeated it. So, I leaned into his face, stared him right in the eye and said "You and your friend and me and my friend can each, individually, have a fine time right here by ourselves...but above and beyond that, Buddy...you are f*cking dreaming."

One of the most annoying things for me when a guy approaches me is that because I have very large breasts, he tends to talk to those instead of me. Usually I'll be a smarta$$ and say, "My breasts are deaf, dumb and mute...so talking to them instead of the person they reside on isn't going to get you too far."

To make a long story short...being hit on by someone you don't want to be hit on by isn't fun or enjoyable for anyone. It's hard to be tactful and polite while still making it clear that you aren't interested. If you're nice it's often mistaken for encouragement. Whaddya gonna do? If more girls hit on guys you'd all be complaining about the ones you don't want hitting on you too. It just goes with the territory of being the pursuee instead of the pursuer...gotta leave room for that.

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by sapphire
You think they would be annoyed if they were approached by a brad pitt look alike or some other hot looking guy? Not if they were single and attracted to men.

They are only annoyed for superficial reasons. That is why I shutter with disbelief every time I hear a girl say that she is more attracted to personaility than looks.

The reality is if a girl is physcially attracted to you she will not be annoyed at all.
Pretty much.

lao tzu

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank god im good looking.

MrCode

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think body language and the way you express yourself plays a big role when approaching. Obviously it helps if you aren't hideous.

I'll admit I would be pretty annoyed if ugly or annoying chics were hitting on me constantly. But I'd probably still be polite 99% of the time.

But I think the talk of approaching has side-tracked the more interesting part of the OP: negative people bringing you down. I ranted in the "AFC friend" thread about an annoying "friend" of mine who is like this. I think the best thing is to just cut those people out of your life. It sounds harsh but the reality is you become very much like the people you surround yourself with. Even if you are conciously trying to improve and get your DJ groove on, your subconcious will get messed up by the negative beliefs and just negative vibe of the lame people around you.

So just cut them out like the cancer they are. Of course most of the time that is easier said than done, argh!

wolfie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If a woman constantly complains about how often she is hit on, it sounds like she's bragging about how attractive she is to guys to validate herself in your eyes.
Note the phrasing - 'I only get hit on by ugly/unattractive/loser guys' might suggest that she honestly is sick of it because she never meets the man she wants.
'Oh why do all these guys hit on me, I'm so sick of it" sounds more like she's trying to talk herself up by boasting about how many approaches she gets.

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by FM 3321
It just seems like all women in my life complain about men all the damn time and I just want to tell them shut the F up. Men are better than you.
What are you waiting for? Hurry up and tell them to STFU already.

Plus, have you ever considered how they see you when you let them whine and complain to you? You're not an emotional tampon, or a shoulder to cry on, or so I would hope.

Keep that in mind.

Ben

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys should have some tact when they hit on a woman. If they underestimate her, they will crash and burn. "Hey, nice shirt. Wanna fvck?" will not land you with an academic :p.

But I take it that girls actually enjoy the attention. Its a constant ego boost for most (who doesnt enjoy one?). Well maybe except for Wyldfire, whose ego already is larger than life :D

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Disconnect
Well maybe except for Wyldfire, whose ego already is larger than life :D
I know...I'm admittedly an ego-maniac. It's nice to see someone finally "get it" in regards to how I come across. Some on here are convinced I'm an "attention wh*re", but the fact of the matter is that I get absolutely no satisfaction from attention at all. I don't crave it or need it. My confidence level is incredibly high and my ego is enormous. I just like to write/talk...a lot. It's pretty cut and dry. :D

Sart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah right

Wyldfire, a lot of the blokes in here will actually listen to some of the shyte that you come up with. Some of your threads or replies seem reasonable but lets face it, you ARE an attention *****. The only difference is, you dont have it in the hips so you hit the cyber world.

The fact is gents, chicks have emotions just like you, but if they are relatively attractive they have some big decisions to make. WHO will they allow to touch them. They are constantly pursued, they have a lot of power but they are aware of the transfer of power that can happen to them. My first wife (fiance actually) held out on me for while because she use to say that she had the power, but was scared of losing it, losing the upper hand.

Man, women can really commit to a man, they are capable of putting up with more crap than we ever would. If I was a chick, I would refuse 95% of approaches as well. Really, can you blame them?

Getting a woman is not difficult, getting her heart and soul is not difficult, leaving her? That can be murder.

Just revisiting the general theme again. Dont give a toss about them, work on improving yourself, be someone interesting....geniunely...it will attract people, inclduing women. Let the Mountain come to Muhammed. I have never hit on a woman my whole life, one of my best friends who is a major playa, has NEVER hit on a woman. He conservatively would have had say 20 x 40 = 800 chicks? IGNORE the pick up line ****, the kino and c&f etc, unless you are a natural at it. Let the chick start it up.

If you are not clever, poor and unnatractive, dont let deAngelo fool you, you will fist dive until some "not so hot" chick is desperate for kids, then you will marry her, have 2.1 kids and move to the suburbs. The you'll put your dark glasses on and make love until your strength is gone, and when the mornin light comes sreeping in, youll get up and do it again...amen (Jackson Browne).

OR, you can look as good as you can, dress as well as you can, then be as interesting as you can, and then the looks of that chick will increase in line with yours. This is a generalization but holds fairly true.

My friend and I get approached, but we are well off, well paid, high IQ, and look above average, he actually is good looking, I look better than average. You dont need to ask the site about your looks, you have a mirror, you know the fukcing answer. Just do your best with what you have.

Good luck gents, get a life wyldfire.

FM 3321

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: yeah right

Originally posted by Sart

If you are not clever, poor and unnatractive, dont let deAngelo fool you, you will fist dive until some "not so hot" chick is desperate for kids, then you will marry her, have 2.1 kids and move to the suburbs. The you'll put your dark glasses on and make love until your strength is gone, and when the mornin light comes sreeping in, youll get up and do it again...amen (Jackson Browne).

OR, you can look as good as you can, dress as well as you can, then be as interesting as you can, and then the looks of that chick will increase in line with yours. This is a generalization but holds fairly true.
I was lost at the point where you said "dont let deAngelo fool you." How is David DeAngelo fooling us? Thanks. ;)

Edit: I got it now after re-reading. You still have to get your life and looks together if you want David DeAngelo and all this other stuff to work for you.

Last edited:

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by FM 3321
I'm so glad I've found this site and other resources because it's stuff like this that paralyzes men from getting the women they want.
Stuff like this? What, women having preferences??

God, its simple. Why didnt I think of it before? So it's only women having standards that stops them sleeping with two-dime chumps like you! Geez, theres me thinking its cos you ran the wrong "pattern".

Damn women, huh? Damn them for forcing us to make the best of ourselves.

Saying that women's preferences mean you cant sleep with every women is stating the obvious. Same reason that you dont sleep with every girl. Although from the tone of your post (i.e., desperate) you'd probably like to.

Men are better than you.
Hmm, I can see where you're going wrong.

Originally posted by sapphire
Ouch... sorry.

Now get out of my way. You cant c0ckblock me forever.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Actually Sart...I'm a very attractive woman. If I wanted attention all I'd have to do is walk into a bar or any other place where men hang out and I'd have all the attention I wanted.

Now, let's see how long it will take for someone to b*tch about me saying that I'm attractive when I'm simply responding to you claiming that I must not be since I'm posting on the internet.
:rolleyes:

Sart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll go you one better wyldfire

I will be totally ***** slapped for this one...here goes. Sorry, I am going through a bad breakup at the moment and am really hurting her and am pissed at women in general. Usually I dont respond to women in here AT ALL. I do apologise to you, I just hate break ups. I hate the friggin hurt I am causing and then BANG, there you were...a woman.

Sorry, its unlike me to attack.

FM 3321

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Tired of clueless people in my life....

Originally posted by AMF
Stuff like this? What, women having preferences??

God, its simple. Why didnt I think of it before? So it's only women having standards that stops them sleeping with two-dime chumps like you! Geez, theres me thinking its cos you ran the wrong "pattern".

Damn women, huh? Damn them for forcing us to make the best of ourselves.

Saying that women's preferences mean you cant sleep with every women is stating the obvious. Same reason that you dont sleep with every girl. Although from the tone of your post (i.e., desperate) you'd probably like to.

Hmm, I can see where you're going wrong.

Ouch... sorry.

Now get out of my way. You cant c0ckblock me forever.
You made a good point about something that I do need to change. If these women are complaining about men, then there's obviously something that men are doing wrong. A man will hear these complaints all his life and he could either, "A" sit on his ass and refuse to change and improve himsef, or "B", get up change and improve himself.

I mentioned that women saying "stuff like this", paralyzes men from getting the women they want because alot of men hear this and it discourges them. In my case, it looks like I'm letting negative comments about men discourage me in my quest for improving my self with women.

I was watching something about Mountians on the history channel and they were talking about how hard it was to cross the Rocky Mountians to get to the western U.S. There were many stories on how hard it was and some said it was impossible. It looks like you can apply that to anything in life including women. Many men have trouble with women and you hear stories about how women complain about men in general and how men say they want to give up on women.

Oh yeah, and my post does seem pretty desperate....something I'm trying to change as it relates to women and other things in life. Thanks for responding. It's always good when someone tells me something straight. ;)

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Re: I'll go you one better wyldfire

Originally posted by Sart
I will be totally ***** slapped for this one...here goes. Sorry, I am going through a bad breakup at the moment and am really hurting her and am pissed at women in general. Usually I dont respond to women in here AT ALL. I do apologise to you, I just hate break ups. I hate the friggin hurt I am causing and then BANG, there you were...a woman.

Sorry, its unlike me to attack.
I'm sure she'll live...

Her reaction to being dumped isn't your responsibility and no one should ever hold themselves responsible for anyone else's feelings. And you sure as hell shouldn't be taking it out on others, regardless of what's hiding under their knickers.

And why would you be "biotch slapped" for taking responsibility for bad behavior? Being an adult man and holding yourself accountable for mistakes or doing something wrong isn't "AFC".

Craig Reeves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys looks aren't everything...

People place WAY too much importance on it.

This forums is extremely discouraging. After reading this thread many men will no longer have the guts to approach a woman because they will be afraid that they are "annoying" her.

The truth is this.....different women have different opinions. And I'm telling you right now that not all women are going to be annoyed by your approaching them just because they don't think you're the world's cutest guy. I know Wyldfire and other snotty feminists will tell you this, but it's not true, so young DJ's out there....relax.

There's no need for men to kill themselves over looking good just so some stuck-up woman can tolerate you even breathing the same air as her. Because even if ya DID look good, she'll find SOMETHING ELSE to complain about.

Your only responsibility is to take pride in your looks for YOU, not for the approval of some other girl. Work with your physical appearance until YOU'RE satisfied, not to try and impress some girl, because you shouldn't be worried about them. If they're going to throw a fit because you want to get to know them, don't worry because you don't need people like that in your life anyway. F*ck 'em.

My only issue as far as looks go is when you do not work with the cards you ARE dealt, and you don't even care. However, this is usually not a hendrance for most men. Remember, as long as you work with yourself until YOUR happy, that's all that matters.

and you will eventually find the right woman. There's no need to go to desperate measures to gain the approval of some dumb girl who you're not even sure you're even going to want, anyway.