Tips to get off anxiety; Presentation?? help...

Sjakapai

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is kind of off-topic, this has nothing to do with woman or how to flirt thing.. Im sorry if im on wrong section, but i hope someone could help me out asp;)
Its about presentation "something" in front of class!

Everytime we get a task about presentation something in front of class or a group, I feel the nervous growing up at my arm... I really hate to presentation something and have bother me for very long time and want to get off it know..
Yes i know this isn't a forum for this but I know someone are holding presentation everyday(job) or like to do it.. here in this forum bcuz i saw some similar thread where a guy asked about it, but i cant find it.

anwyay, Im not nervous when im walking to the stage/infront of the class, but whhen im entering infront of the calass... and see everyone looking at me, I get totally blackout.. I start to shaking, My voice is stutting.. and everything is spoiled.. :mad:

So, could someone experts on talking in front of people help me out or give tips...

Thx all;)

Stacks Of Terror

Don Juan
Reaction score
The **** Are Yall Looking At?
If you've ever watched the Boondocks cartoon Ed Wuncler the III says it whenever he does something strange or downright homicidal because in his mind what he is doing is normal. Same thing. You need to convince yourself that everything you do is normal.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
moved to AE for all to enjoy

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
experience will help you, but you'll probably always get a little nervous. The nervousness usually gives you extra energy, anyway, which might make you sound more interesting.

Sjakapai

Don Juan
Reaction score
okey, but when im up there.. Im Really starting to smile, i dont bluch or something i just automatlicy start to smile to everyone,, I take this as positive thing but ofc they (ithink) can see me beeing nervous because you can hear my voice is shaking and they can se me that im stressed something I also see..
cuz it seemse when im up there, i realy start to stress, even if im saying to my self that "its gonna be alright, dont stress" but when i start to stress, then my brain also start to mess it up.. where I get unfocesd and read very fast..

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
Know your content. Know your method of presenting (ie: Powerpoint, know your slides)

Ask Questions, Receive Questions really quickly. Answering them effectively (and them answering correctly) will quickly get you in the groove.

Don't talk too fast, take the time to go though each point you have to present, and if you make a mistake, correct yourself.

I usually have a printout of my powerpoint slides handy (and extra material) up with me just in case, but because I KNOW the content, and I KNOW exactly how my slides will play out, I spend ZERO time looking at a paper, and 100% of the time looking at the class, scanning the room, looking for attentiveness and interest.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
okey, but when im up there.. Im Really starting to smile, i dont bluch or something i just automatlicy start to smile to everyone,, I take this as positive thing but ofc they (ithink) can see me beeing nervous because you can hear my voice is shaking and they can se me that im stressed something I also see..
It's probably more apparent to you than to your audience. I'm a pretty good presenter with a fair amount of experience, and that still happens to me fairly often. Don't worry about it.

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sjakapai said:
cuz it seemse when im up there, i realy start to stress, even if im saying to my self that "its gonna be alright, dont stress" but when i start to stress, then my brain also start to mess it up.. where I get unfocesd and read very fast..
1) Focus on the energy the anxiety gives you, that's why it's there! So you don't get sloppy and make a fool out of yourself by not working on the presentation

2) Change your view on public speaking. Recognize that all great men must learn to persuade a crowd. You just need experience with it. Don't take this so seriously, just see it as practice. Really get yourself interested in your presentation, it makes it that much easier. Imagine how you can change peoples opinions on something through speech. You are the center of attention, they HAVE to listen to what you say.

3) Eat healthy, exercise, and don't smoke 3 days prior to the presentation. It will help you avoid any unnessecary anxiety and will keep your mind as sharp as it can be.

-This is how I cured my fear. #2 was especially important