Tinder has ruined online and offline dating

seasonedplayer

Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in a big city; where online dating is prevalent. There have been 3 phases of development:

Phase a) Pre internet
Phase b) Generation 1 sites - Match, POF etc
Phase c) Generation 2 apps - Tinder, Hppn etc

Phase a) - I would get laid on around 50% of my first dates and would often get one night stands by just going to bars and meeting random girls. There was no internet, no opportunity for girls to meet guys outside of work and social circles so they had to use their Friday and Saturday nights efficiently. It was game time

Phase b) - People started using the internet to arrange gatherings at bars so bars and clubs became groupy; harder to meet randoms. Match and POF etc came along, girls started to have more options, inflated egos and became harder to get one night stands. Although offline dating and one night stands became harder, the internet provided a steady stream of girls. Was pretty easy to convert from an internet conversation to a date. So was a nice balance

Phase c) - TINDER HAS COMPLETELY DESTROYED ONLINE AND OFFLINE DATING. With respect to online, it now takes multiple online conversations for a date conversion - half an hour a day of swiping and messaging. Dates are sometimes terrible because you can't screen as much as Match, OK Cupid etc. Girls egos are even higher now because of the multiple swipe apps available. With respect to offline dating, it is becoming almost impossible to get a one night stand. Girls have the illusion they have many options - by the way, I am good looking and my good looking friends report the same results

Thoughts welcome - especially from those old enough to experience pre online dating

Damage360

Reaction score
I couldn't disagree more. I set up my dates on Sunday and have Mon-Fri filled. You should number close within 5 min of beginning a chat, first date is either a single drink or ONS if girl presses for a second. Venue change in between drinks so you know whether or not it's on. I've found leaving after first drink is highly effective then making move on way to subway (nyc).

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you just have a self-defeating mindset. You can't blame an app because you're not getting laid or dates as often as you'd like. There's likely far more variables that have been altered since you were in your glory days of picking up girls at the bar. And no, i'm not necessarily saying it's your age or anything physical. It's in your head.

My question to you is: if you had never been aware of the existence of POF, Tinder, etc, would it have adversely affected your results? Or do you think that it's a self-fulfilling prophecy? I'm willing to bet that if you had never heard of or reallly used these dating services, that you would simply be blaming it on something else rather than focusing on improving yourself and your skillset.

So Tinder/POF sucks. Who cares? Move on. Most of the girls on there at this point are damaged and have low self esteem. And night game is a fvcking joke. Yes, fvcking cute bimbos is fun for a bit. But then you realize that you have no connection with these girls and it's a good way to pick up an STD or get someone pregnant and it's usually far more trouble than it's worth.

Maybe start meeting girls through your existing social circle or go to places where there will be girls that have similar interests as you and where the girls might have a bit more personality? (bookstores, gym, music store, concerts, coffee shops, school, etc)

I believe that online dating is a symptom of a much larger problem in our society in terms of dating and sex.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It didn't kill offline dating. I get 100% of my dates offline and they are very high quality.

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
I've got more pvssy off POF than I can handle. Once you get 3-4 regulars, you won't even log into the site any more.
Is there actually decent looking girls on there? I was on there a few years back and it was just a MASSIVE congregation of the lowest quality, ugliest chicks I could imagine. I keep being surprised by the number of guys on sosuave that say they had good results off it

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, it's mostly 7ish women at the best. I've messaged with one HB9, but didn't ever meet her.

Having said that, no one ever came to sosuave because they were upset over only having four HB7s in their rotation. If you want to pursue 8's and 9's, I would think it can only help you to already have a rotation of 7's.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you only do online dating than I see your point....

However I disagree the field is riper than it's ever been. I purposely go out now with only a wingman cause literally In my town if you go out before midnight it's a goldmine of chicks especially before midnight. I mean ratios of 2:1 and 3:1 etc

Personally for me online dating is a waste of time....I just loath it because the quality is wack. I got a wingman who is truly an inspiration guy is 5'5 130 pounds soaking wet but he's spinning 6 plates all of whom he met in the field

thatfeel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gravityeyelids said:
I think you just have a self-defeating mindset. You can't blame an app because you're not getting laid or dates as often as you'd like. There's likely far more variables that have been altered since you were in your glory days of picking up girls at the bar. And no, i'm not necessarily saying it's your age or anything physical. It's in your head.

My question to you is: if you had never been aware of the existence of POF, Tinder, etc, would it have adversely affected your results? Or do you think that it's a self-fulfilling prophecy? I'm willing to bet that if you had never heard of or reallly used these dating services, that you would simply be blaming it on something else rather than focusing on improving yourself and your skillset.

So Tinder/POF sucks. Who cares? Move on. Most of the girls on there at this point are damaged and have low self esteem. And night game is a fvcking joke. Yes, fvcking cute bimbos is fun for a bit. But then you realize that you have no connection with these girls and it's a good way to pick up an STD or get someone pregnant and it's usually far more trouble than it's worth.

Maybe start meeting girls through your existing social circle or go to places where there will be girls that have similar interests as you and where the girls might have a bit more personality? (bookstores, gym, music store, concerts, coffee shops, school, etc)

I believe that online dating is a symptom of a much larger problem in our society in terms of dating and sex.
Wow, way to lay on the passive aggressiveness ad hominem.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
I've got more pvssy off POF than I can handle. Once you get 3-4 regulars, you won't even log into the site any more.
I bet they are ugly, at least to me

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
skinnyguy said:
I bet they are ugly, at least to me
Driven by hunger, a fox tried to reach some grapes hanging high on the vine but was unable to, although he leaped with all his strength. As he went away, the fox remarked 'Oh, you aren't even ripe yet! I don't need any sour grapes.'

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is there actually decent looking girls on there? I was on there a few years back and it was just a MASSIVE congregation of the lowest quality, ugliest chicks I could imagine. I keep being surprised by the number of guys on sosuave that say they had good results off it
You should see the ones in Chicago, a bunch of 4's and they are entitled to

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thatfeel said:
Wow, way to lay on the passive aggressiveness ad hominem.

I'm not presenting an argument, you pretentious fvck. Screw logic. I'll use every fallacy in the book if it means effectively getting across my point that he needs to change his attitude to see results.

And Bible_Belt, yea that's kind of been my experience from online. Mostly Tinder. 9's and 10's will never meet up with you. I've slept with girls off Tinder, but i always felt like i was compromising. But i do agree with your point. When you're getting laid consistently, the hot girls don't care whether it's with some 7 off tinder or with a 9 (assuming they don't meet the girl :whistle: ). They can tell you're getting laid and not desperate for a fvck and are more attracted because of it.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OLD is easy if you are attractive. If you look good you'll do well. If not you won't. Sucks but its just what it is.

I dont know what you and your rl friends are doing but I kill tinder. I made a thread but here are the essentials of Tinder

- 2 really nice face pics.
-1 pic showing you are in shape.. shirtless or tight shirt.
-1 pic of you with a smokin' hot chick hugged up on you for social proof.

Spam like everybody while your on the toilet, then message the ones you would bang and unmatch the rest.

Its an effortless compliment to dating. It ruined nothing. Currently 5 lays with Tinder with NO effort. 6-10 matches a day.

Open is Hi, or Hey.
"Can we talk on the phone" after she replies hey.

Talk on phone, build a little rapport, schedule date. Its so easy..

Mr Wright

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently got Tinder and it is the easiest thing to get laid off of. I had 2 fückdates within the first week. I get the feeling you have to be utterly shameless though because my profile is set up for this. Luckily(more like fücking hard work), I have a great body and that's my main pic on it so any girl who swipes knows I'm the kind of guy who would do that. Convos are straight qualifying if she wants to bang ASAP. The second week has just gone by and I'm busy in general and I've had to push back another girl who wants to bang next week. I'm going to delete it next week :yawn: because it's going to make me get lazy.