tight fitted slim shirts

warrior1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well i have maybe 4 shirts. 3 are from American Eagle so they are casual shirts. I also have a banana republic stretch poplin dress shirt in light blue but it looks kind of baggy. I would like to wear slim fitted shirts out at night when its in the summer like now. For instance, I see a lot of men wearing those tight white shirts... they look like the type from Armani Exchange i think.

My question is this. I have wasted so much money buying shirts and keep buying the wrong stuff. Can anyone tell me whats good for slim fitting? I saw some of those white shirts at AX for like 80 i think. I don't spend that much on clothes but do buy a lot especially from Banana Republic.

I am 5'8 and 145 lbs or so. I wear a medium in almost every shirt i have. My question is for those tight slim fit shirts, would it be better to wear a small? All my american eagle casual shirts are Medium and the BR stretch poplin stretch shirt i have is medium but looks baggy but those AE shirts are casual

Would small be right? Is A/X a fine brand to wear those tight fitting white shirts? How about Express? I see a lot of men wear these shirts and although they look tight, they look good and I want to do that too. Would Banana Republic be a bad option since most of their shirts are somewhat baggy?

Also, Is tight right?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think you should just go try a few on.
look in the dressing room mirror and see if you like the tight look before you buy any.
not everyone can pull them off, but you sound like the right build for it.

warrior1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well i am really starting to not like myself b/c i spent so much money buying the wrong clothes. I'm also a pretty skinny guy. Is it right that i think wearing tight shirts is good for night but less tight during the day?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes. during the day you are working and stuff and you want them to be not so tight.
at night, when you are getting ready to go out, tighter would probally work great for you.
but try them on first to see.

warrior1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
okay thanks for that advice. Would you say just buying Express shirts be good enough since their not really cheap and not really expensive? What size do you wear and how tall are you?

I feel weird getting a shirt in small even though i am 5'8.

warrior1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
okay thanks for that advice. Would you say just buying Express shirts be good enough since their not really cheap and not really expensive? What size do you wear and how tall are you?

I feel weird getting a shirt in small even though i am 5'8.

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zara makes unbelievably tight shirts, and I hear they're on sale for something like $29 right now. You're in NYC, you should be able to find some somewhere.

drummer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well i'm 6 foot and 160 and i wear mediums in american eagle polos and they are nice and tight. so you really m ight wanna try on smalls.. just go with what fits screw what size it says.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the better shape you are in, the more of your body you want to and need to show off. Buy clothes that fit, but don't make you look like a fag.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm about the identical size as you Kev07 and I wear a medium for the most part.
my chest is too big for a small

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6'1" 155lbs. I like medium polos from like American Eagle and Express. I'll usually go with larges on the t-shirts though. Depends on the brand, some brands fit larger.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I work out too much not to show of my body, I let myself get "caught" without a shirt on walking around the house often. So even my tee's fit.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
I work out too much not to show of my body, I let myself get "caught" without a shirt on walking around the house often. So even my tee's fit.

lol! same here. One time I came outta the shower with nothing but a towel on...my step-mom's friend and her 22 year old daughter were there. Ooops!Later my step-mom was telling me how they were like oogling me and commenting (in spanish so I didn't understand) how "guapo" I was. haha! Hard work pays off.

warrior1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
are there any other guys here that are around my height and weight of 5'8 and 145lbs? One of you say your 5'9 and 159lbs and another guy says they are 6'0 and 160 and wear medium. Would you guys say my height and weight fits more of a small than a medium for these shirts? I know that for v neck sweaters, Medium is perfect for me.

Does zara offer both dress shirts and casual shirts? 29 dollars for a shirt is definitely cheap on sale.

warrior1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Also,

I am really confused about all this slim vs regular fit shirt subject.

1. Is slim fit shirts better than regular fit when you go for a job interview? I will be looking for one in a few months.

2. What about shirts that you wear during the day versus the night and your not going to work? I always see other males wearing those tight slim shirts in the summer at night and some during the day. Is slim fit generally better than regular fit in almost every circumstance? All my shirts are regular fit and are pretty loose which is why I am going to get slim fit shirts.

3. Someone said that there is a difference btw slim fit and fitted. Aren't they the same?

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can get some reasonably priced tight fit T's from American Apparel. Spending $80 for a f*cking plain white t-shirt is just lame. I don't know what stores you have where you live, but here in L.A. there are lots of trendy boutique second hand stores like crosstraders that have loads of cool shirts for $5-$10. I prefer to buy clothes at these places. It's like buying a car, no need to buy this year's model for top dollar. Buy a used one that's still new in great shape and let the sucker before you eat the largest chunk of depreciation.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guy's, there's a noticeable difference between:
  • Tight clothes
  • Fitted clothes
  • Tailored clothes
Learn the difference and choose one that works best for your body type. Even if it may cost more, you may be worth it.