thoughts on how to proceed

dante25

Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually have two posts but don't want to post them in one.

Met a girl online about three weeks ago. We've gone out 5 times. Whenever we go out everything seems great, always signs of interest and ending with a makeout session. Problem is that anytime I call her during the week she takes exactly 2 days to call me back when I call her (she always calls just takes 2 days), the last 2 weekends she has told me she is available anytime through the weekend other than saturday during the day when she works.

I don't understand why she waits 2 days to call back during the week. I've dated plenty of flakes in the past but it usually occurs within the first two weeks. She has never flaked on plans, just takes a while to call me back. I haven't mentioned it and played it cool, but it starting to get annoying.

I think it is possible that she is testing me since the last guy she dated was pretty possesive and jealous.

What do you guys think? Is there a way to play this to get a better frame but not turn her off to the point of her giving up?

Yes, I know I should be spinning plates and I have a few I could, but my interest level in them isn't extremely high.

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
... but why don't you call her out on this stupid behavior?

I mean it'd be more informative to ask this to her than Mature Men, don't you think so?

Maybe she has a problem :)

Exactly two days. Nice observation by the way

dante25

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wouldn't that seem a bit weak and insecure?

You think the fact that it is exactly two days is some type of advice she got from "the rules" or something?

dante25

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought about that but the last two weekends she has agreed to a last minute saturday night date, both times making it very clear that she was available. That clearly goes against the rules.

I think I'm done calling her. For now on I'm just going to send her texts of something inexpensive I'm planning on doing and offer her to join me if she wants. I'm no longer going to offer up my weekend nights either. Interested to see what happens, she has never turned me down for a date, just plays the wait two days to call game.

Oddly enough last time we had plans, she was the one that called me a few hours before to make sure she had the time right. Also she was 10 minutes late for date 2, not only did she text me ahead of time to let me know but date 3 she showed up 10 minutes early....I came early and she was already there. It's a really bizarre combination that I have never encountered before.

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know, I am a bit sensitive over missed calls and missed texts. But if it didn't bother you, you can start texting her. She seems very interested and you sound firm.

Good luck, keep it real :)

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Next time you want to talk to her, call her two days earlier than you normally would...leave a message and let her know you're on to her. Say something like, "It's Monday now so give me a call back...Mon, Tue...Wednesday. L8r"

Just what I'd do if it was THAT obvious. Women think they're clever playing these silly games. :p