This may sound bitter and twisted

Sart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ask your married friends to honestly answer this for you. Women will always say that marriage is about compromise. Thing is, it is usually her that demands where you will live, it is her that HAS to have that child, YOU are not meant to hang out anymore etc etc etc. It seems to be that in the average marriage, the man ends up doing all the bloody compromising.

Parnterships dont work, you need to have a boss.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont be one of those guys!

Originally posted by Sart
Ask your married friends to honestly answer this for you. Women will always say that marriage is about compromise. Thing is, it is usually her that demands where you will live, it is her that HAS to have that child, YOU are not meant to hang out anymore etc etc etc. It seems to be that in the average marriage, the man ends up doing all the bloody compromising.

Its true that in most marriages there is the ONE that is the "boss", but that’s why i say that from the MINUTE that you start seeing a girl, you need to make sure that she KNOWS that you will NOT take her **** and that YOU are the boss over here, NOT here, and that you will be willing to compromise etc for her, but you will NOT take any sh!t from her, she wants a child and you don’t? then u DONT have a child, simple. And if she cannot respect you enough to compromise with you, then she can go find herself some other AFC that will do whatever she wants him to do. If I want to hang out, then I will hang out, but I will automatically have a sence of responsibility that I have a wife etc, so obviously I will not go out as much if I have a family, but that decision will be made by me and ONLY me. And if I don’t want to NOT be able to go out a lot, then I will not get myself into a marriage to start off with. But one thing is sure, NO WOMAN WILL EVER BE MY "BOSS" IN A RELATIONSHIP.

Laterz...

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem is that most men go AFC in marriage and give up. The boss is the one who struggles for it. If you give up the other person will win. I know many men who just say it is not worth it to constantly fight thier wives, they just roll over and that's the end of it.

I have my opinion of marriage as everybody knows and maybe it is too negative but I still beleive and always will beleive that 75 to 85% of marriages are not good.

I really do not know why we put up with this as men, but we do. Face it, 99% of men lead lives that are forgotten days after they die. Only a few really accomplish anything, the masses just follow societies' rules like sheep

Dietzcoi

yunghova35

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Dont be one of those guys!

Originally posted by ~ªêQµïTª$~
Its true that in most marriages there is the ONE that is the "boss", but that’s why i say that from the MINUTE that you start seeing a girl, you need to make sure that she KNOWS that you will NOT take her **** and that YOU are the boss over here, NOT here, and that you will be willing to compromise etc for her, but you will NOT take any sh!t from her, she wants a child and you don’t? then u DONT have a child, simple. And if she cannot respect you enough to compromise with you, then she can go find herself some other AFC that will do whatever she wants him to do. If I want to hang out, then I will hang out, but I will automatically have a sence of responsibility that I have a wife etc, so obviously I will not go out as much if I have a family, but that decision will be made by me and ONLY me. And if I don’t want to NOT be able to go out a lot, then I will not get myself into a marriage to start off with. But one thing is sure, NO WOMAN WILL EVER BE MY "BOSS" IN A RELATIONSHIP.

Laterz...
EXACTLY

like he said most men get married and become AFC, what will be interesting is when guys that REALLY study DYD, DJ, and stuff like this get married and do NOT turn into AFC's. (they should do a study on it lol)

Fortunalty for me i already know one, its my uncle. this guy has been married for over 15 years and living with his wife for almost 15 more before they guys married. He came in the relationship as an ALPHA and to this day he's an ALPHA, he will not comprmise, he is the DOMAIN being in the relationship and if you were around him for as little as 2 mintues you wouls see it.

The funniest part is you know when you think about getting married and the guy doesnt go out. My uncle is out whenever he wants WEEKDAYS/WEEKENDS whenever. And it's not like he plays that old "honey im at work line" HE RETIRED!!!!! so it just goes to show you its not the marrage its the MAN.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score

Partnership can work if BOTH people respect and value the other person as much as they value and respect themselves. Unfortunately, people have a tendency to marry people who aren't capable of that, so you end up with one person feeling taken advantage of and making a lot more of the sacrifices. And yes, frequently it's the man who ends up in that position simply because to most men it's easier to give in than listen to nagging, crying and drama. Since finding someone you can be an actual partner with is often very difficult, it's good to at least shoot for takers to pair up with givers or givers to pair up with other givers. What doesn't work at all is when you have two takers. Then you have one hellacious power struggle and both people always having to be in control.

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree that you have to be the boss of everything. You do have to take initiative, lead her when she's uncertain, but you do have to also make sure your partner is comfortable with doing it (or at least trick her into thinking she's comfortable doing it ;) ).

I think ultimately its about understanding. When I'm in a long termer, I always tell my gf the reason for doing something. That way, even if she disagrees with me, at least she understands why I'm doing it.

This doesn't apply, of course, to psychotic things like if you eat people's brains for dinner or something.

cave dweller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
doctors........

Hey,

The doctors and counselors can not solve this great mystery...

Why is it that two people are in love and crazy about each other today and after a couple of years of being married they want to kill one-another?

cave dweller

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Because someone sat on the rose colored glasses and broke 'em. :D

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
90% of couples fall into the 'easy life' category

The bloke goes along with whatever the woman says 'anything for an easy life' they say.

The trouble is, they haven't, what they have is a world of constant grief.

The man with the balls to say NO and takes charge end up in a much better position, and dare I say it Wifey is happier too.

Sometimes it makes sense to compromise, but usually it's purely capitulation for copulation.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: doctors........

Originally posted by cave dweller
Hey,

The doctors and counselors can not solve this great mystery...

Why is it that two people are in love and crazy about each other today and after a couple of years of being married they want to kill one-another?

cave dweller
Its human/animal nature man.... It doesnt matter if its a man and a women, 2 men, 2 women, in a group of friends, even with ANIMALS.... You ALWAYS get the "boss" of the group or rather the "Alpha" of the group, the one that is normally the "leader" that the rest look up to (in a group of friends), so no matter what, 1 person will ALWAYS become "the boss" in a sence. In some cases not as much as other cases, but there will ALWAYS be the one that is more "dominating" who takes the roll of "the boss" in a sence. Its got alot to do with the persons personality weather that person will end up being "the boss" in the relationship or in the group of friends... My 2c;)

Laterz...

spukee

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll tell you what - after seeing what 2 years of marriage did to my best friend, I've pretty much given up on the concept entirely.

Their latest 'compromise?' The dog left diahrea all over the apartment. My friend's wife comes home, sees it, calls my friend up and makes him TAKE OFF EARLY FROM WORK because she doesn't want to clean it up :rolleyes:

Granted, my friend also has no spine...

MrHarris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Someone on another site said that in a dance two people can't lead.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Seems to me that either the male is leading and the female is following, or the female is leading and the male is following. One's dominate and the other's submissive. Partnership=female leading, unless you ascribe to the Oprah/Dr. Phil view.

DrSoSuave

Don Juan
Reaction score
While I believe that a working relationship is a healthy balance of two people. There are an increasing number of woman in society that believe they should be the bosses of the relationship. This is where the power struggle of the relationship occurs, the man must be firm on some decisions and lenient on others. But never ever cater to the woman's requirements if they threaten your lifestyle.

tmpgstx

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When the female leads .. that seems to cause more problems. They assume the masculine role, and then bash their partner for not bieing masculine enough!

The men feel powerless and frustrated. Compromise is good, but there will always be the one that 'wears the pants'. Women often leave men from marriages in which they were in the dominate role.

Sart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DONT WORK

I really dont think partnerships work, one has to assume control. I was building my businesses and left the home life to my then wife. Its a gradual thing, one day you realise you are having affairs because you need to get your manhood back.

If I ever settle with a woman again, I wont even take her opinion on several matters. It will be a case of "This is me, this is what I do, this is how I do it, do you want in?" As Mr Harris saud, two cant lead a tango.

Most marriages have the man towing the line, on your marriage day they even tell jokes about it. You either sink into it, wer blinkers or just rely on denial. Or, you become a philanderer.

DONT COMPROMES GENTS, DONT DO IT.