This girl is killing me. DOES SHE LIKE ME?

JustAnotherLover

Don Juan
Reaction score
To all that read this:
I’ve never felt like this before.
There’s a lot for me to say. It’s a long story.
You’ll probably think this isn’t worth your time.
But it’ll just take a little bit of time.
I’ve spent countless hours, torturing myself over this girl.
If you can help me out here, I’ll be forever grateful.

I'm dying here; it feels like my heart is being torn apart.

Last year (sophomore year) I met this girl at my art class. I didn't think much of her at first, but later we became friends. Good friends. Great friends.
And sometimes, she'd bake cookies. She'd make a special one just for me.
And when there were swim meets, I'd see her watching. Watching me? It seemed like it.
And when I hung out with my friends, she'd come visit me sometimes.
We had lots of fun during the school year. It was probably one of the best years of my life.

Then school ended.

JustAnotherLover

Don Juan
Reaction score
It was summer break. She'd call me when I wasn't at the phone and never left a message. I'd call her but she'd never answer.
I'd leave a message, but she'd never return it.
When we did contact each other, she'd be too busy (from SAT classes) to hang out. We never did get to see each other that summer.

The lazy summer days drifted by.
Only later did I realize that perhaps this girl liked me.
I wanted to see this girl.
I had an incredible longing for her.
I made a beautiful portrait for her, excited to see her reaction when school would start.

First day of school; I found the girl, and surprised her with the present.
She didn't seem too excited. She took a quick look, and put it back into the bag.
We hugged, but only for a second.

We didn’t have a single class together this year.
I missed her terribly. I also missed my art class, so I added another period to my schedule.
I had six very rigorous AP/IB courses, and now had IB Art as well.
The workload was killer; but my one consolidation was that I’d get to see her smiling face in class.

I never did get to see that smiling face.

JustAnotherLover

Don Juan
Reaction score
We sat on opposite sides of the room since I was a late arrival.
But when I’d try to walk over and talk to her, she’d act distant.
She’d never make eye contact with me when we talked.
Something was wrong.

My parents eventually pulled me out of the Art class; they thought that my workload was too much.
I thought it was all over.

Sometimes I still visit her over in the art class; I sit by her and we chat. She doesn’t seem as distant as she was earlier, which is good. Could it be that she was just moody? Did she possibly hate me for some reason?

After art I sometimes walk with her to her locker. I held her books for her once or twice. But it seems like we’re not really walking together.
It’s almost as if she’s walking, and I’m just following her.

One day I found her walking alone. I joined her and we walked and chatted. Then we stopped and stood around to wait for her ride. We chatted some more, and then her mom came to pick her up.

I walked with her every Friday for about three weeks. It was what I looked forward to the most every week.

JustAnotherLover

Don Juan
Reaction score
Today after school, I didn’t see the girl. I called her, asking where she was.
“Where are you?” I said.
“I’m at the art room, why?”
“We always walk on Fridays! I’ll be at my locker.”
“Okay.”
And so I waited.
Fifteen minutes I waited, until I couldn’t take it anymore. I went over and found another one of my friends. I asked her if she had seen the girl.
She said yes; she was just walking her to her car.
The girl never mentioned me to her, never said that I was waiting or that she was looking for me.

That really hurt.
What just happened?
Had the girl just stood me up?
She couldn’t have forgotten?
Did she hate me?

I called the girl. Of course, I got her machine.
I didn’t greet her.
“…Dude. Did you just ditch me?” I said.
I paused, not knowing what to say.
If you don’t call back, I’ll just assume that you hate me forever.
I hung up, bitter and disappointed.

Then I waited some more.

She's never called back.

JustAnotherLover

Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven’t truly cried in years. And now, this girl makes me weep like I’ve never wept before.

Does she like me? Does she hate me? Did she ever even like me?
Did I do something wrong? Can I do anything to fix my mistake?
I don’t even know what I did wrong!

Should I just give up on her? How do I know if she likes me?
But if she doesn’t care for me then I suppose I must move away.

I don’t know how she feels. I don’t even know if she knows how I feel.
What do I do?

The longer I’m left wondering, the more my heart aches. And the longer I’m left waiting, the more I begin to doubt if I love her.

Please help me all you Don Juans.
If you can help me fix my problem I’ll be forever grateful.

kevin1198

Don Juan
Reaction score
well here's your first peice of advice, READ THE DJ BIBLE ASAP!!
it will answer alot of your basic questions, sure it's a long read but it will be well worth it.

another thing, why are you so stressed about one girl?
you even resorted to working yourself half to death just so you could get a class with her. NO girl is worth that.
NONE why you ask?
heres why, you see, girls are not the innocent, defensless, sweet creatures you beleive them to be.
they can be just as cruel as the bully on the playground, who would shove your head in the sand and twist it around.

she probably DID like you, at one time.. but you never were able to make the move on time. small things like carrying her books, and doing small favors for her, were just sh!t tests to see if you had confidence, backbone. eventually she got tired of waiting, you never made the move, and now all you'll ever be is friends.

as you can see, she didn't visit you at your locker, and she left you waiting their for 15 minutes! 15 minutes!
she has no respect for you dude.. your just going to have to face it.
since your in school, why even worry about this lovy-dovy movie type romantic propaganda that the media puts on tv so you can beleive in the "fated encounter of love"

quit acting like a woman "it feels like my heart is tearing apart" well it shouldn't.

when you hear a woman say that, she doesnt really mean it. here's an important rule i learned, never beleive what a woman says, but pay attention to what she does. cause her heart might be "breaking" and "aching" the first day, but the next day she's got another boy wrapped up in her arms like it never happened.

hopefully eaglez or somebody will see this and point you in the right direction.. but im sure they'd all recommend reading the DJ bible first.

here's the bible

http://www.jbspencer.com/djb/

heres a good video you might want to watch... it explains alot. he might be old, but he does know how to pull the ladies. :yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfCSEb1vlP8

JustAnotherLover

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Kevin

do you think there's any hope in this relationship?
should I try to keep going?
I personally think there's still hope, but it might just be wishful thinking

should I talk to her and tell her how I feel?
should I just drop it?

Imma read that Bible
I did skim through it before, but I'll be sure to go through it in detail this weekend

Masked_angel

Don Juan
Reaction score
JustAnotherLover said:
do you think there's any hope in this relationship?
No! And do not see it as a lost! See it as an wake up call... Next time you end up in the same situation with a hotter, better woman. Turn the scenario around! Don't try to impress girls by doing them favours, make them do stuff for YOU! And by the way never be predictable!

JustAnotherLover said:
I personally think there's still hope, but it might just be wishful thinking
Its mostly wishful thinking, the thing you CAN do. Is break off the contact, yes. Break it off. Learn to be happy without any girls. Be desire less! How would you live your life if no one loved you?

If she starts asking after you.. calling you.. Don't answer. Meanwhile, start dating other girls, especially hotter ones. When she sees you with hotter girls, maybe she will realize she has feeling for you. But do not get your hopes up! (Remember its not a lost)

JustAnotherLover said:
Should I talk to her and tell her how I feel?
should I just drop it?
DROP IT! Didn't you feel more attracted to the girl now you don't know if she likes you or not? I can bet that you sat all night thinking about her, wondering if she likes you. In the end you fall in love. You put so much energy in her. Now do the opposite! Make a smoke screen!

(Read law 3 in the 44 laws of power by Robert Greene)

JustAnotherLover said:
Imma read that Bible
I did skim through it before, but I'll be sure to go through it in detail this weekend
Don't forget to read the book 48 laws of power by robert Greene and some good pook post.

General advice for dating
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59150

Get over the girl
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20106

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60541

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60543

Best Regards
Masked_angel

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Holy sh*t man....this whole story is REALLY pathetic...no offense but your the classic primetime AFC.

You need a lot of learning to do...read the bible or the posts on here.

JustAnotherLover

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hm...
I'm closer to knowing what to do.
Thanks for your help Don Juans!

Last edited:

Georgey

Don Juan
Reaction score
justanotherlover, u man wrote alot that i couldnt read anymore... i read like the first two or three posts.
well i guess in the end u got heart broken or sth like that. well u don't have to worry anymore, ure here on the right track to Don Juan.
remember these words: "u r on ur way from Nice Guy to Don Juan!"
and one day u'll be surprised how different u have become because u came to this site.
now what u have to do, as others have told u, is to read the DJ bible. this will be very helpful for u. no u dont have to read everything, most of it is crap. focus on everything written by Pook. yea u'll enoy reading them coz his posts r long like yours :p
read anti-dump but dont focus on it for now. just make sure u read and use the posts by pook like the ten commandments, kill that desperation, etc.
anything that catches ur eye by the title, read it and decide if its worth usng or not.
o and forget bout that other girl u were talking bout. there r millions out there. yea i know u want to tell me SHE'S DIFFERENT. no shes not.. we've all been there.
its time u walk your path to don juan and ur path to life.

btw u have nice writing skills, which i find very impressive.

Rhoto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EDIT -

Read this

JustAnotherLover said:
and now I'm enlightened.
No you're not. There is no quick fix for this mentality. You really have no idea how deep the rabbit hole can go, and how deeply interconnected this portion of your life, and the success there of, is to other aspects of your life.

It will take YEARS of conscious effort on your part to fix the way you are. Don't expect it to be easy, comfortable or rewarding immediately.

Forget that b1tch and focus on yourself. Stop feeling these Shakespearean emotions for fcks sake. A man controls his emotions, they don't control him.

One girl, that you've been attracted to for a few months turns out to not want you. DEAL. Have you had a moment to reflect on how she behaved? Disrespect should never, ever be tolerated - or rather, Self-Respect should reign supreme.

If you let every disappointment send you into a tailspin, what are you going to do when you begin to grow up? Which brings me to another point.

I'm gonna be 24 next year. I'm just beginning to grasp the concept of time, in relation to my life. I could not fathom that my life would turn out the way it has. You really have no idea what you're going to learn or how your life can change. But remember this: Time is on a man's side in life.

Be your best self every day, and seek to be better each day. Never stop learning. And let it go.

Do you have the self assurance and swagger to approach a beautiful woman, regardless of the environment, make her smile and want you? And do you have the presence of mind to then walk away?

Start a morning work out regime. Stick to it for 30 days. Report back. And do a bit of planning with your life.

That is a good goal to start with. And I'm very curious, how did your grades fare during this...episode?

Last edited:

sageproduct

Banned
Reaction score
dude...i was EXACTLY like this 3 years ago. you NEED to get over this and focus on your own life. i am by no means a DJ yet, but even I know that this an extreme, EXTREME case of oneitis that NEEDS to be left behind. improve yourself. don't chase girls, attract them is what i'm learning.

JustAnotherLover

Don Juan
Reaction score
Rhoto said:
And I'm very curious, how did your grades fare during this...episode?
My grades are not as high as I'd hoped.
I HAVE been thinking about her almost non-stop, and I suppose that that did affect my studying.

I suppose I'll let it go.
I do want to stay friends with her, though.
Should I just tone down the lovey-dovey stuff?
Or do I need to talk with her?
What if she says that she likes me?

Evzone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JustAnotherLover said:
I haven’t truly cried in years. And now, this girl makes me weep like I’ve never wept before.
Oh boy.

Look kid, take all that romantic crap you ever heard and throw it all out. Girls do not want some whiny dude. Exception: If you're one of those guys on the History Channel who fought on Iwo Jima and then got ambushed but killed a whole enemy platoon with just a shovel and a toothbrush, and then one of his friends had to jump on a grenade to save everyone, so then he gets sad about his friend--that gets a pass.

As it's been said, read the DJ Bible. Here's how I tell if a girl likes me or not: if she swallows, she probably likes me. Start thinking on those lines and your game will improve.

Rhoto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JustAnotherLover said:
I suppose I'll let it go.
As opposed to crying?

I do want to stay friends with her, though.
For what purpose? Do you have no dignity? Don't you have guy friends?

Should I just tone down the lovey-dovey stuff?
Or do I need to talk with her?
Just stop talking to her. Stop obsessing over her. Get a grip on reality man.

What if she says that she likes me?
She doesn't.