this girl at work

MP5583

Reaction score
I work with this girl, she's cute, but really shy. I kinda like her a little, and I would ask her out if I was positive she's feelin me, cuz i dont wanna look like a jerk and then have to work with her and have it be awkward.

She sent me a text a few weeks ago saying how we could have "maybe" hung out if I wasnt working. But I was already supposed to work, and she knew that. If she really wanted to hang out, wouldnt she text when I wasnt working?? LOL, just makes more sense that way...

But when I talk to her, I notice that when I'm facing her in my chair, and shes sitting in her chair, she never completely turns her chair around to face me too, shes always kinda perpendicular to me, lol. U would think most people face the person when ur having a conversation, lol. Also shes always fiddling with things, like her keys mostly. Thats a good sign right, means she nervous talking to me, and that maybe she's interested? She blushes sometimes too when we talk.

This girl is really shy and even if she was interested i dont think she would really give me any "hints" or anything that would help me gauge her IL. I try to show her im interested by holding doors open for her, doing little favors, eye contact, talking to her alot, but its hard cuz i dont wanna be too obvious in case she doesnt like me.

Any ideas on what I should do? Also, any ideas what shy girls do when they are interested? anything i should be looking for?

Zombie

Banned
Reaction score
This text she sent you - was this in response to one of yours, or was it out of the blue?

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
don't dip your pen in the company ink

MP5583

Reaction score
it wasnt in response to a text, but to something i said, i said had requested to work that night, which was new years eve, because i had no plans and i didnt wanna sit home and do nothing, so i guess she remembered i said that. her text was something like "we could've maybe hung out if u didnt request to work...then u'd have something to do"...

Zombie

Banned
Reaction score
Oh sh1t. You told a girl you REQUESTED to WORK because you had no plans?? Major no-no.

AmIAFC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Look, man...

You hear this a lot, but you never have it explained to you why...

Do not mess with girls at work. I had to learn this lesson the hard way. I know, right now you're thinking, "I know this girl, we'll be all right...you messed up somehow but it won't happen to me bla bla bla," but TRUST me...you don't want to go this route regardless of what your head, your heart, or your second head dictates.

MP5583

Reaction score
ok, how bout forgeting about the whole "dont date people u work with thing." the thing is, its not a strict work environment at all, its just a part time job, and everyone is pretty chill. i mean as long as were not all over each other in front of customers, i dont think it would be a problem....so can we forget about that part?

and whats bad about saying i had nothing to do? id rather make money while i can then sit home...

Zombie

Banned
Reaction score
and whats bad about saying i had nothing to do? id rather make money while i can then sit home...
lol, that's my point. You're telling a woman you have nothing to do on New Years and are so bored out of your mind you want to work. She was probably wondering why you weren't going out with your friends drinking, or doing something. New Years is a pretty big holiday to not be doing nothing on. You want this girl to believe you have a social life here. Get my point?