thinking of proposing. NEDD ADVICE

FreddyD

Reaction score
Posted in The Don Juan Disscusion and coulnd't get any advice. Please tell me what you think of the situation.

I'v been dating this girl for 1year 5month's today. I love her and want spend the rest of our lives together. Last night at 1:45 a.m. she calls raving about how she want to be engaged and how her family and friends are talking about it. She says it's more important to her than me and she's having her doubts about if I'm going to propose.
Here's the kicker, I've been looking at rings and was planning on proposing before her 21st B-day (in June) so at her party everyone can find out about the same time. After last night I dodn't what to do because I don't want her to think she can have all her demands for the rest of our lives.
Please give me your advice

*Cliff Notes *
Was going to propose, Gilfriend snapped and said I need to Propose, so Now I'm having doubts!

ApocalypseCow2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by FreddyD
She says it's more important to her than me
So you're saying she just wants a ring to show off to her friends and a nice big attention-getting wedding.

She's under 21. In my opinion, that's way too young. How old are you?

iveyleeger

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Or just skip the ring and start saving for the alimony already.

FreddyD

Reaction score
Re: Re: thinking of proposing. NEDD ADVICE

She's under 21. In my opinion, that's way too young. How old are you? [/B]

I'm 23 and through High School and a part of college I was in a 5 Year relationship, so I have a tolerence for womens bull****, so thats no really an Issue.

ApocalypseCow2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: thinking of proposing. NEDD ADVICE

I'm 23 and through High School and a part of college I was in a 5 Year relationship, so I have a tolerence for womens bull****, so thats no really an Issue.
It's not about having tolerance for women's bullsh1t. It's about being young and still having a lot of changes to go through, and chaining yourself to one particular person before you know what you want.

But, it' up to you. Sign a prenup, that's all I have to say.

libre

Don Juan
Reaction score
Get a life

Young man

Relax.

I agree with the others. You are far too young to get married. Wait until you are at least 27. If the young lady doesn't like it, well it will make her grow up and mature. If she throws a fit because you don't want to get married right away, it will give you a clue as to what sort of person she is.

The_Becoming

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with the others... you're still way too young to even comprehend the many things you've yet to learn about life and women...

Knowing what I know now, I say it is a mistake for any man to get married before the age of 25... better yet wait until you're at least 30...

Reaction score
x

Reaction score
Date her for 4 years and tell her that if all is well by then then you will make plans to spend the rest of your life with her!!

If she says she can't wait - then tell her to blow!!!

If she loves you she'll wait!!!

P.S. - I did respond to your original thread but you were not responsive!

DonRob

Don Juan
Reaction score
Posted in The Don Juan Disscusion and coulnd't get any advice. Please tell me what you think of the situation.

I'v been dating this girl for 1year 5month's today. I love her and want spend the rest of our lives together. Last night at 1:45 a.m. she calls raving about how she want to be engaged and how her family and friends are talking about it.
Here's the kicker, I've been looking at rings and was planning on proposing before her 21st B-day (in June) so at her party everyone can find out about the same time. After last night I dodn't what to do because I don't want her to think she can have all her demands for the rest of our lives.
Please give me your advice

*Cliff Notes *
Was going to propose, Gilfriend snapped and said I need to Propose, so Now I'm having doubts!

Are you F'ing INSANE?

RUN and RUN like hell. When a woman says "She says it's more important to her than me and she's having her doubts about if I'm going to propose." RUN, RUN, RUN.....
Marriage is incredibly difficult work. Anyone who tells you differently has eitehr never been married or is blowing smoke up your ass.

When a woman says _______ is more important than you and you are talking about marriage you have exaclty a 0% chance of the marriage working out.

Dont sugar coat it dont try and wrap an excuse around it, ITS WHAT SHE SAID.

Move on, and Move on now...... besides what the hell do you want to get married for at your age???

BigDawg

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bottom line: Not a good idea to get married that young. I'm in my mid 30s and I can say (as well as a lot of other guys close to my age on this forum) that women under 25 hardly know what the hell they want. After 25, they have a better idea, but they can still be flaky.

My ex-wife was 20 when I proposed to her and we'd been dating for two and a half years at that point (I was 28; yeah do the math ,LOL, :D ). I really started to experience the depth of her immaturity after we'd been married for a year and eventually we called it quits (the details of why the marriage failed are irrelevant here).

If she starts pressuring you about getting married, particularly at this age, that's a big red flag that you can't ignore. Now, it might be understandable if she started pressuring you if you had been dating for 7 years.

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are a DEAD MAN WALKING if you go thru with this.

Damned fool! Why would you even think about this? Just for the p*ssy no doubt.

Damned young foolish bastards! PR_L how do we stop these morons?

Dietzcoi

Squid

Don Juan
Reaction score
she calls raving about how she want to be engaged and how her family and friends are talking about it. She says it's more important to her than me and she's having her doubts about if I'm going to propose.
wow, this is a HUGE red flag. Getting married is more important to her than you? This is obviously a very immature and self centred woman.

I'll translate what she said for you: she wants a princess day, soon, and doesn't really care if it's with you or not because she wants to be the centre of attention for her family and friends.

Dude, you will be divorced within 2 years if you marry this woman, she is in this relationship for all the wrong reasons.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SURE......Great idea....:rolleyes:

You get married and she's going to want to start a family, so you have a couple of really cute kids. Things go fine for about 3-4 years...and she suddenly decides she got married too young! She hasn't "Experienced LIFE" enough. So she goes out with her old friends, goes back to school, meets people her age that have PLANS for the future....

Then you get a call at work...from her lawyer. You've been served papers for a divorce.:eek: Irreconcilable(sp?) differences, she says she's "outgrown" you. You no longer fulfill her spiritual & psycological needs. :confused: Oh, and by the way? The child support is $650 a month.

She is too young to get married. Way too young. She has SO much growning & maturing to do. You probably do as well. Listen to the guys! Don't rush into marriage.

strids97

Don Juan
Reaction score
DON't

Don't do it....i've been in your situation and I made the mistake and well i'm single now but i didn't get married....just blew alot of money on a ring that i'm still paying for and trying to sell. Hey do ya wanna buy it...LOL MY advice is DON"T DO IT wait till you know your ready and that she isn't excpecting it...plus she is way to young to know what she wants...she just wants a rock to show off and well i wouldn't spend the money on it...!

FratAndDiddy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
man o man......
you claim you have the tolerance to put up with a woman's BS?
ok then, give it a whirl. get married. build up that tolerance level the expensive way.
dang fool kids.........