Thinking of deleting my myspace...(prevention one-itis)

jdawgmcb

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, the problem is that with my myspace i am constantly checking on HB's profiles to see their status, etc...

I've thought to myself that deleting it would thus prevent this problem...of course if anyone asks ill make an excuse.

is it a good idea?

mastacheef

Don Juan
Reaction score
i deleted mine once, got it back but i don't use it for anything else now other than keeping close to distant friends, friends that i never get to see, and family for the most part. but if you don't have the self control to not look at her page then either take her off your friends (if she has a private page) or just do what you wanted to do.. and delete your myspace

jdawgmcb

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's what i was thinking... it's all for the best, and i must adhere to my New Years Resolution.

mastacheef

Don Juan
Reaction score
attaboy i learned long ago myspace isn't the right place for me at least for girls haha too much oneitis goes around because your constantly LOOKING at her page and watching her every move plus why not go OUT instead of staying on the comp for an hour. its ridiculous in my opinion

jdawgmcb

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good point, i just need one more person to agree and it's gone! :)

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just stop looking at the profiles. You don't have to delete your account to do that. And even if you delete your own profile, can't you still view the main page of others' anyway?

The only people I know who have DELETED their profiles are drama queens who were making a "statement." (And all three were back up on the thing within a month.)

Normal people who don't want to look just leave it alone, ignore it and forget about it.

silverwolfalpha

Don Juan
Reaction score
shouldn't use myspace for trying to get chicks. Dude you have no way of kino, proximity, humor, all the important moves that will get them. Would a girl really like to talk 2 a cold, hard screen?

jdawgmcb

Don Juan
Reaction score
I deleted it, if i ever feel i need it again i can make a new one...it's for the best right now as i try to keep to my new years resolution. I will use the real world instead of the internet for my first hook ups to lose my AFC status.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I had one with the only purpose of contacting one chick. Things didn't work out. She's long gone now. But I kept logging in hoping she would send me a message, total AFC... so I finally just deleted my account. Now she couldn't contact me anyway (I doubt she would) but it's stopped me from always checking. Maybe that was being a drama queen... but I was trying to force myself to let go, and never into myspace anyway. At some point I'll make a new one but it will be myspace music, for a specific purpose.

Of course this doesn't stop YOU from checking their pages. That's hard. The internet is a great thing but it makes it too easy to NOT let go. So you just have to be strong. I'm not there yet but checking her page is not constructive.

ducaro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In fact I have used the social networking trend to get rid of the' hi-bye' friends.

I have always stressed about deep long lasting frienship..I can't stand 'surface' friendhip. I feel social networking is mostly about surface friendship.

I do not have any account with any website. I have a couple of good friends who stay in touch with me through the phone, MSN and email. This has been around for years and if people cannot use that to keep in touch and want to only 'poke, ping and puke' on a social networking website, then, sorry Im not interested.

summing it up, delete it... if there is anything to gain... its deep friends and loads of time!

muscleman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
silverwolfalpha said:
u r a tard man. I got a Hottie
what does that have to do with myspace? lol

jdawgmcb said:
I deleted it, if i ever feel i need it again i can make a new one...it's for the best right now as i try to keep to my new years resolution. I will use the real world instead of the internet for my first hook ups to lose my AFC status.
if it works for you, go for it. I don't see how myspace is gonna make or break your afcness. it's just another method. works for some, not for others. I laid 3 chicks in 1 week very recently ... off myspace.

then had 3 other girls I could have easily taken home on nye (one I never even met just walked up to me in the club and kissed me) had I not already been out with a girl

silverwolfalpha

Don Juan
Reaction score
dont need dates...lol muscle man think.
Getting my share of the sex 6 times a week minumim when i am not doing exams lol.
Already in LTR and love. Wat else do i need??

jdawgmcb

Don Juan
Reaction score
most of hte people on my myspace had private accounts anyway

Randallpink83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's more important to work on the issue inside your head. Its all about your perception, nothing external can help you with this.

mastacheef

Don Juan
Reaction score
silverwolfalpha said:
dont need dates...lol muscle man think.
Getting my share of the sex 6 times a week minumim when i am not doing exams lol.
Already in LTR and love. Wat else do i need??
you share your sex? with who!? and who cares about the 6 times a week, id get pretty bored 6 times a week MINIMUM with same girl, plus it has nothing to do with myspace :down:

btw jdawg, good for you man! you'll probably end up getting another one! but at least you said it your self, you will forget about her and move on and so on! :up:

jdawgmcb

Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly, plus, i have a feeling she was a little miss sunshine anyway (Someone who has all the for sale signs but isn't for sale). Sure, she gives me IOIs..but i CAN NOT have one-itis.. I will NOT do it. Now, of course i'll still try to build rapport if she opens me, and i may occasionally open her, but i will try to open at least 15 sets in between.