Things to say when she said "Oh, somethings came up, I can't make it tonight."

modolo

Reaction score
'Dating experts' will recommend you to say "Oh, how about tomorrow then?" Pure ****.

What are some things you said based on experience that got HER to make it up to you?

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"I understand perfectly. Give me a call when you'd want to go out"

You can't make the horse drink...

LeviathanIYG

Banned
Reaction score
"Your loss" (not in an annoyed tone, say it like you are joking)

Need i say...... ****iness

tmpgstx

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Something comes up is ******** for another guy has come into the picture. Tread carefully Dawg!

Criminal Mind

Don Juan
Reaction score
I hear "I have a small penis" works wonders ;)

... ok maybe not.

I've had a girl do that to me before. I just ignored her SMS... the next day she replied saying she was "bursting to go out with me"... so maybe there is something there.

Last edited:

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't try to guess her reasons as that's the first step to paranoia and losing your confidence with this girl. Or you might say something in anger and blow your chances.

Best thing to do is tell her it's no problem, but how about next Wednesday (or any specific day).

I thought I was getting the brush off not so long ago when a girl told me she needed to revise for an exam and couldn't see me. However, I suggested the following week and she took me up on it.

KansasKid

Reaction score

If a girl really wants to hang out with you, she will make time. So if something really comes up, you dont have to say anything special. Tell her you understand and to give you a call sometime.

Q-Pid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jariel
I thought I was getting the brush off not so long ago when a girl told me she needed to revise for an exam and couldn't see me. However, I suggested the following week and she took me up on it.
****!

God damn she was hot too!

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How about taking steps and putting in measures so that the girl doesn`t flake on you in the first place?

Legitimate reasons are acceptable. i.e. death in the family, family member in the hospital, car broke down, etc. Sometimes sh!t happens and it derails the date. Enough said about that.

Now, here`s what you do when setting up the date. After the date, time and venue have been set, do what David D advises:

HB: "Ok, see you then".

You: "Now, you`re not going to flake on me are you?"

Most if not all girls would say: "Of course not".

Here`s the clincher:

You: "Good because that would be disrespectful. I haven`t been disrespectful to you and I won`t tolerate you being disrespectful to me. If you flake then that will put our friendship into serious jeopardy".

Then say bye and hangup or walk away, whatever you need to in order to end the conversation.

I have personally used this technique with great success. It tells the girl that you won`t tolerate any flakiness because it`s disrespectful to you as a man and she will respect you as a man.

Secondly, adding in the bit about friendship throws her off and gets her guessing, "What did he mean by friendship? Am I not girlfriend material? I`m going to talk to my girlfriends about this. Blah, blah, blah".

During the date of course, you roll with your own DJ style and run with it.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Mav

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always thought of flakiness as something kind of like LMR - it can be overcome. Check out TylerDurden's Phone Game post. Even so, you're likely dealing with a fairly low interest chick.

If I'm bored, and I've got nothing to lose, I'll go with TylerDurden's advice, which is pretty much what I've always done. I've hooked up with girls on a few occasions who initially tried to flake but I talked them into a date. More often than not, though, she's low interest and will LJBF you even if you do talk her out to the date, so don't even think about paying for her.

On the rare occasion, flaky behavior actually signals high interest - i.e. she agreed to a date she shouldn't have because she really wanted to go out with you, but after thinking about it more she realized that she really needed to take care of her responsibilities. If she has high interest, though, chances are she'll counter-offer or give you days that she's available.

If you're busy, or not in the mood to deal with the prospect of spending an evening with a girl who doesn't want to hook up, go with JC's advice. If you're bored, or willing to experiment, or she's really that great that you just have to give it a shot, give TD's advice a shot.

DJHoolahoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Derek Flint
Ask her how she plans on making it up to you.
yeah i was going to say this one right here. This way if they REALLY DO feel bad about it, they will say how they'll make it up to you. Or you can tell them how they can make it up to you and let them know NOT to disappoint again, or you'll just "remember that you can't make it out any night with her."

Soprano

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Maverick001

You: "Good because that would be disrespectful. I haven`t been disrespectful to you and I won`t tolerate you being disrespectful to me. If you flake then that will put our friendship into serious jeopardy".
kinda dramatic though isnt it?

Eccentric

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Soprano
Yeah I agree. Are you trying to **** her, or be her father? That whole line sounds weird.

Alphathree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do people continue to believe that if only they become expert 'pickup line warriors' they will be all set?

The problem isn't WHAT TO SAY in response to "Oh something's come up", it is WHY that got said in the first place.

It doesn't matter if you quote shakespeare or write a poem or give a one-word grunt, she's already decided to flake out on you. THAT is the problem.

Next thing we know, AFCs are going to be asking, "I keep cutting myself with this knife... what kind of bandage is best for which parts of the body?"

Stop cutting yourself with the damned knife!

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Soprano
It`s not about being "dramatic".

By the time you`ve set up a date with a prospect that you`re qualifying, she`s had a glimpse that you`re a fun guy, with his life together, going places, doing things and achieving your goals in life.

Now give her a little glimpse that you`re not to be trifled with and that you do have an edge, in case there`s any doubt in the chica`s mind that you`re for real or not. No woman should ever think that she can pull sh!t on a man and get away with it. If any of the prospects that are being qualified want to test if you`re the real deal or not, let them. You`re up for it.

Again, this has worked for me and may not work for others. Try it for yourself and see.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Mav

AmIAFC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Maverick001
It`s not about being "dramatic".

By the time you`ve set up a date with a prospect that you`re qualifying, she`s had a glimpse that you`re a fun guy, with his life together, going places, doing things and achieving your goals in life.

Now give her a little glimpse that you`re not to be trifled with and that you do have an edge, in case there`s any doubt in the chica`s mind that you`re for real or not. No woman should ever think that she can pull sh!t on a man and get away with it. If any of the prospects that are being qualified want to test if you`re the real deal or not, let them. You`re up for it.

Again, this has worked for me and may not work for others. Try it for yourself and see.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Mav
I can agree with this method.

This one chic tried to flake on me at the last possible minute, and I explained to her in a calm yet stern manner that I would have a problem arranging any date with her in the future if she continues to illustrate how unreliable she can be. The girl apologized, agreed to go, was pretty timid at the date (kept asking me if it was all right if she went to the bathroom), etc. I, then, realized that I had to lighten up even more than usual to dispel any possible misconceptions on her part that I was some "control freak;" therefore, I turned my C+F routine up a notch and she seemed to relax more and more. We had fun.

The downside to all of that is that we don't see each other as much any more, due to the fact that she believes that I'm not "flexible" enough when we arrange dates (******** for: "He's not some back-up date or chump in waiting"). That's fine, though, because all of my dates or buddies understand that if you make plans with me, you're practically making a binding deal with the devil: if you flake, I'm more than likely done with your @$$.