Things to do with my 4yr old son, that's cheap or FREE?

TheLadiesMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm looking for help from other fathers out there who are trying to entertain their kid(s) while on a budget. I really looking at FREE, really.

I've got some things I'm gonna do with my son this weekend (Uno, Xbox, reading comic books, wrestling, watch movies, etc) but I can use some more ideas.

I can't wait till after my court date, hopefully, I'll have a little more money to spend on him when the child support is lowered.

Any and all suggestions are welcomed, and thanks.

Rounder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
McDonald's Playland? kids love them and can easily spend an hour or more there. Usually lots of women there as well. Yeah they might have kids and many will be married, but you have a kid and not ALL of the women there are married and sometimes you'll find aunts or sisters there too.

Rounder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Puzzles?

How about making a *fort* with him? Between the ages of about 4 and 10 I loved making forts with the kitchen table, chairs and other pieces of furniture - covered by blankets, sheets, etc.

Got a big cardboard box? Kids love those too. If it's big enough you can make a clubhouse out of it - cut out windows, a door, etc - kids love that kind of stuff too.

Rubber band gun? might be a bit young for that - but shooting down army men was a blast.

Make a house of cards?

Memory game with cards?

Set up dominos and knock them down?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its the holidays, you can window shop on line and write a letter to santa.
you can put up the tree soon.
you can soon jump in the car after dinner one night, and just drive your neighborhood to look at peoples christmas lights.
there might even be a nicely decorated park in your area that is nice to look at.

buy a frozen mrs smith apple pie and let him help you bake it and take it to a local nursing home and drop it off for them or the police station. everyone loves pie.

make him clean out his old toys / clothes and drop them off at the salvation army so santa will bring him new ones.

string cheerios and fruit loops or popcorn for garland on your tree.

you know what my momma always said, "the poorer you are, the more creative you become."

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Ladies Man,
Oh Mate,the fearsome fours,very difficult......A little dog borrowed from a friend or a refuge will really interest him,my bloke loved the Fire Station,got a lot of fun out of seeing the Fire Engines,the Pole they slid down,I walked into the closest one to me and talked to the Old guy who was running the show,he used to let my kid put on the Shiny helmet,sit in the Fire Engine,hold the hose,try to fit in the boots....Another thing he liked was excavation sites,he loved the Bulldozers,scrapers,graders and anything else that moved,his favourite reading was a battered old book about a Steam Shovel that and a variety of pamphlets from Caterpiller Tractor.Later on he really enjoyed a cheap little Bow and Arrow Set,that and a few cardboard boxes to shoot at,an ice cream then a visit to the movies,was a Saturday afternoon filled in.

blueblue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Ladyman,

How about starting indoctrinating the child on HOW TO BECOME A POWWERFUL MASCULNE MAN IN THIS WORLD. You have about a dozen years to do this and he and all of his descendants will THANK YOU for your incredible insight.

Masculine Man 101:

Be Firm
Be Patient
Be Kind

I wish someone would have taught me those lessons at that age.

Oh, BTW – it is absolutely FREE.

Good Luck