There are three kinds of people in this world(READ THIS!!!)

Pimp101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Money only brings happiness when it lifts people out of poverty, see:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/43884/output/print

//EDIT didn't see wootapotky link to the same site xD

Really, being a winner has nothing to do with what you have, its all about what you SEE. Perception is reality so happiness is a certain perception. Its what the DJ community calls inner game. The great thing is that this type of true happiness is indestructible compared to that from money, women or fast cars. Theres always a chance that you'll go bankrupt, get dumped or crash your ferrari. So what then, you can't be happy any more? :rolleyes:

I've heard the sentiment that society can be divided into 3 groups before in the Nation of Islam's teachings. Now, I'm far from religious but theres some truth to this. Check out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation_of_islam#Beliefs_and_theology

The 85% they talk about are what we call AFC's. The 10% are jerks with no real confidence (or PUA's who fake their way through life with techniques and again, no real confidence). The 5% are the true DJ's who live, love and aren't afraid of life.

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha..

"Winners are studs. A winner for example is the top dog of the popular crowd in high school."

You're just starting to explain what a winner is and already you've lost it.

Studs? Sure, being attractive helps in life, no debate, but I know plenty of 'studs' who live in someone's basement smoking pot every day. Winners?

Popular in high school? What the hell man, are you serious? Most of the popular kids I know were too 'cool' and had too many parties to attend to focus in school, and now they're 2 years out of high school and still working minimum wage at the mall. Most of these people peak in high school, because high school is such a fake representation of the real world that being a winner there generally doesn't carry over to the real world.

In fact, most of the people that meet your definition of winner based on the later criteria (eg lots of money, power), you previously defined as losers. They weren't the ultra popular studs in high school, they were the average nerds who went on to start some great business/career.

Money does not make you happy beyond a certain (fairly low) point, this is PROVEN fact. If you spend your whole life only chasing money, you'll be a loser, even if your ******d appearance doesn't suggest that.

PS: why the hell is "O UT Ward" censored?

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
ChrizZ said:
A winner is the kind of guy that drives to his holiday vacation home in an Armani suit with his 100,000$ sports car and a HB10 sitting next to him. A winner has the perfect body and has money. That's a winner.
Well I guess were all losers then, how many "average joes" have a perfect body and millions of dollars? I think your wrong. A winner is anyone that doesnt fail at life, money doesnt make you a winner, your lamborghini doesnt make you a winner and your HB10 definitely doesnt make you a winner. You have the wrong idea here. There are 2 ppl in life. Those who succeed and those who fail. thats it

Squiggly Sponge

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's inspiring...

... but is that the way one should intend to become a winner? By looking down at those who aren't 'on your level'... as losers and maggots? Materialism? You talk about what a winner has, but if you define a man by his possessions then take away trophy wife, nice suit and 100,000$ car and he's back to being a loser... right?

My thoughts on winners:

Even though inaccurate, your post does show what people actually think constitutes a 'winner', hence all this smoke and mirrors stuff. Rent a fancy suit and flashy car, like the rappers do. Wait 3 days before calling while stuck in your basement - heck, as long as people think you're a winner, that's all that matters right? You can use these sorts of tricks to make people perceive you as a success, but looking at examples of people like Nick Leeson, it's only a while before the cracks begin to show.

A loser cannot win by definition, even a small victory can be ruined by the fact the loser does not have the winner traits necessary to handle success (i.e. they are likely to get complacent or let their ego get the best of them). Comparable to the AFC that somehow lands a hot girl and loses her as quickly as he got her. He doesn't know what to do! He's never got this far before!

One needs to learn how to win, to form a habit of winning, to truly become a winner. I want to be a habitual winner, it's a long road though... but will be well worth it!

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ChrizZ said:
The trick is to get them by using smoking mirrors.
Smoking mirrors indeed. That little broken idiom made this whole thread worthwhile.

"There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who cannot."

Last edited:

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Squiggly Sponge said:
... but is that the way one should intend to become a winner? By looking down at those who aren't 'on your level'... as losers and maggots? Materialism? You talk about what a winner has, but if you define a man by his possessions then take away trophy wife, nice suit and 100,000$ car and he's back to being a loser... right?
Yes and No!

Strip all the things you mentioned away from him, he will still be a winner.

A winner always finds a way to succeed in life. He expects to succeed. That's why he is a winner.

While other people struggle, he laughs at them because he knows better. He works smarter, not harder.

He knows he has only one life and he does whatever it takes to accomplish his goals and to fulfill his purpose in this world. He eliminates liabilities and always uses things to his advantage. WINNING is the only option for him. He would rather die than finish second place. Power and being a winner is the only thing that counts in this life.

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So can you illustrate to us how you are such a winner, including the millions of dollars and massive power?

If not, then you're clearly utterly worthless and should stop wasting oxygen.

Does that sound fair to you?

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread is not about me.

I'm not a winner yet, but I'm working my a$$ off to become one.

I know what I have to do though.

You can type "Feel sorry for me" posts all you want and get chicken soup for the soul all day on here, but once you get out in the real world you will realize that life is not one big episode of my little pony.

It's brutal. Kill or be killed. Survival of the fittest...

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ChrizZ said:
.... in the real world you will realize that life is not one big episode of my little pony.

It's brutal. Kill or be killed. Survival of the fittest...

It makes me laugh when a kid who barely knows how to shave pops off with stuff like this. The world is a lot tougher and full of a wider variety of traps than you have time to imagine kiddo.

Good luck.

Rhoto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ChrizZ said:
This thread is not about me.

I'm not a winner yet, but I'm working my a$$ off to become one.

I know what I have to do though.
Wait what? Doesn't that make you a loser? Real world? You're 18, you haven't even reached your full height. Do you pay a mortgage or any bill that is in excess of $1000, monthly? Do you have kids? Doubtfully.

I don't understand how you can be a "loser" but know what to do, but not yet be a "winner." Clarify please.

ChrizZ said:
3. WINNERS

Winners make up a small fraction of the population. Winners are studs. A winner for example is the top dog of the popular crowd in high school. The leader. A winner doesn't ask for permission and doesn't fear anything. He takes it. A winner stands out from the crowd with his clothing. A winner is the kind of guy that drives to his holiday vacation home in an Armani suit with his 100,000$ sports car and a HB10 sitting next to him. A winner has the perfect body and has money. That's a winner.
Wow man. That's really deep. Problem is, its all material, all external. What happens if the house burns down, or he crashes the car? Or he gets herpes from his lady or so on and so forth.

You make it seem like money buys happiness. Money makes life easier and a lot more interesting, but also much more complicated. Many of the wealthiest people in my industry are also some pretty emotionally/psychologically ****ed behind closed doors.

All in all, this sounds like the high school fantasy that would impress a lot of other people, but who is still hollow on the inside.

.02 Cents

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I fall under the loser category...yet strangely, I'm happy as hell with my life right now. I must be a sociopath!!:eek: