The truth about confidence

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with the original poster. It will be hard to feel confident if you are inexperienced with women. Notice I said "hard" not "absolutely impossible".

To me confidence simply means the lack of self-doubt. Confidence is very hard to fake, just like playing good basketball or boxing well cannot be faked. The confidence to be good at sports comes from success at doing it over time, and your history of actions make you believe in yourself.

And remember, just because one may be confident in one area of life doesn't mean it will carry through with all areas of life. I might be very confident giving a speech at a business presentation, but that doesn't automatically mean I'm going to be confident sarging an HB9 at the club, and vice-versa...some playa at the club may **** in his pants if he had to stand in front of a high powered boardroom of suits and make a proposal.

I am in much the same position the OP is in, and I realize that my lack of confidence with women stems from lack of experience. We all know by now that confidence is an aphrodisiac to women, but in my opinion, the only REAL confidence comes from having been on the battlefield of romance, been through it all, seen it all, handled it all, such experiences are what make one confident on a deep level where one doesn't even have to be conscious of it or think about it, it's just part of who you are, like a shrapnel scar on a veteran. All people like the OP can do is learn what type of behaviors they could easily fix that might trigger someone to instantly judge you as unconfident, things like learning to have confident body language, speak deeply and clearly, not act like a wuss. As a guy who is aspiring to have confidence, you must make a conscious effort to do them and try to get to the point that it becomes natural. For the jerk that's been playing women for his whole life, that same confidence he doesn't even have to think about, it's just there from a lifetime experience of...playing women.

Randy van Warmer

Reaction score
Add wisdom to confidence, and you have a winning formula !!

Although wisdom doesn't come easy, unless you have been around the block a few times like me, and graduated from the University of Life...

I have been working on my confidence for years and the more you work on it, the more you get out of it. In my teens and twenties, I was totally hopeless with near zero levels of confidence. I have really bad dyslexia, which is a major confidence knocker. I was hopeless at even getting within 20 feet of a woman, let alone speaking to one. My brain just shut down and mouth froze up. I ended up just standing there like a total idiot.

My life was saved by a simple gadget, and you are going to laugh when I tell you what it was.... A spell checker on a PC ! I found that I could learn how to spell as it was corrected as I typed. I eventually built up the courage to send article to a magazine and it was published, which gave me the confidence to do more. Now 1,000's of articles and three books later I have tons confidence after having to do book signings, talks and shows.

I had to work on my confidence, but boy does it help when attracting women - they can smell it a mile off.

Get a confidence book or tape and work on it today - it's worth the investment...

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Holland said:
Confidence doesn't come from over-analyzing where it comes from.
Agreed. Who cares about the definition of confidence, especially when people are defining confidence with the word confidence in the definition. lol. No one is going to discover the truth about confidence as it isn't something that a truth exists for.

Personally I believe that everyone has their own level of natural confidence by the time that they are adults. I remember as a young kid being pretty shy but by the time I was in my early teens opening up and going out to meet people. Although awkward at first putting myself out of my comfort zone paid off in the form of new friends, new girls in my life, and an increased comfort. For me the experience of meeting people taught me a good deal about myself, and there for raised my natural confidence.

Ironically I just over-analyzed where confidence comes from after quoting that.

I also have had many other experiences which aren't with other people that have raised my confidence like lifting, excelling in school and my career, and pushing myself to try new things. This has just been my experience so others may not gain confidence by following the same path. I cant fake it till I make it in anything, but those that can should go that route.

I also think that understanding yourself to the point that you can comprehend the true source of your confidence is something that you can harness to change your life for the better. This allows you to realize the other side of the coin which is humility. To often confidence and ****iness are confused on here. Understanding the difference can make or break your chances to meet girls, make friends, or get ahead in life.