The Time Machine please stop

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK I think you are trying to be helpful by bumping up old threads but it is getting annoying.

What you are actually doing is making it more difficult to fallow the currently active threads because there are now old threads mixed into the front page.

What you are doing is thread digging it is generally not accepted on forums. So please stop it.

Igetit!

Reaction score
Maxtro said:
OK I think you are trying to be helpful by bumping up old threads but it is getting annoying.

What you are actually doing is making it more difficult to fallow the currently active threads because there are now old threads mixed into the front page.

What you are doing is thread digging it is generally not accepted on forums. So please stop it.
THANK YOU!!!

I don't know why this dude is dragging up these old threads that we can go back and revisit ANYTIME we want.

If this "TIME MACHINE" dude really wants to be helpful,then he needs to go like 5 years into THE FUTURE,and bring back some threads with info that we haven't learned yet,things about women that we've yet to discover.

What's the point of bringing up threads that we can look up ourselves?

Kal0051

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess that;s why he's called "Time Machine", because he brings things back from the past. But yeah, it's kinda annoying to bump a thread without adding something new.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Igetit! said:
If this "TIME MACHINE" dude really wants to be helpful,then he needs to go like 5 years into THE FUTURE,and bring back some threads with info that we haven't learned yet,things about women that we've yet to discover.
LOL that's awesome. I would love to know some things about the future. The time machine, can you please go back to the future? :D

wikipedia said:
Thread bumping is commonly considered a breach of netiquette and some moderated forums forbid it. Users may get around that by posting what is ostensibly a genuine reply. Sometimes this will mockingly contain the word "bump" in it, such as "Wandering the forum, he bumps into this thread...", or be a trivial question or response such as "Anyone?" Bumping old or inactive ("dead") threads is occasionally called "necroposting" or "thread necromancy", and the bumped posts referred to as "frankenposts". "Dead" threads that are reawakened are often called "thread necros". People who resurrect old threads are often called "threadomancers". On some boards, bumping a new thread with no replies in order to elicit a response is tolerated, but resurrecting an old thread that has run its course and has been inactive for a period of time (usually anywhere from a few days to a month) is prohibited. The acceptable practice is usually to start a new thread and link to the old thread so that readers can become familiar with the background information.

pLaYtHiNg

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
LOL that's awesome. I would love to know some things about the future. The time machine, can you please go back to the future? :D
Hehehe Yes, please do. (That's one of favorite movies btw). :rolleyes:

I don't mind the old posts popping up so much. They are interesting to read, but I've almost caught myself replying because I think they are current issues.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would be happy if he just cut down, and found some better threads. Of course, that is what we have the archive for. I wish the mods would archive more. There is some really great threads, namely anything from Victory Unlimited that should be archived.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My complaint is that he's bringing up threads from 5 years ago and some of these are troll threads such as the "Who masterbates more AFC's or DJ's?"

He also brings up threads of users asking for advice who no longer post here. What's the point of resurrecting a thread of a guy asking for advice whom no longer posts here and will never read it?

I think he needs to be given a warning by a mod and then banned. Thread digging is generally not allowed on most forums.