The Stock Market is slow today, Entertain me

Celadus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gaucho,

You like IB? What is their software like? All securities (futures, stocks, currency...worldwide) in one program? Do they charge a monthly fee for software? (aside from exchange fees)

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Celadus said:
Gaucho,

You like IB? What is their software like? All securities (futures, stocks, currency...worldwide) in one program? Do they charge a monthly fee for software? (aside from exchange fees)
Hey mate,

Yeh, personally, think IB is fantastic.

The execution, data feed and commissions are as cheap as hell and very reliable (not many bad ticks) and quick.

All securities, futures, stocks, options, forex, bonds, worldwide, 70 different countries I beleive (though I don't trade in nearly that many).

No monthly fee (so not like Trade Station), only data feed (so exchange fees), which is also very cheap in comparison to other platforms.

Charting sucks, so you will need to hook Amibroker or Metastock up for this.

Easy to use and all types of orders.

Only thing I miss (but don't use much now as I look for swings, don't trade intraday often), are the market internals I used while with Trade Station.

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Celadus, u finally get Echo set up yet ? Haven't seen u on AIM in the mornings......missing all the good trading days.

Gaucho.....do u normally trade CL ? Thats quite a bit of contracts to buy and hold overnight on CL. How the hell do u sleep at night carrying almost a half a million worth of crude ?

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wiesman44 said:
Gaucho.....do u normally trade CL ? Thats quite a bit of contracts to buy and hold overnight on CL. How the hell do u sleep at night carrying almost a half a million worth of crude ?
Na, I normally trade the QM, but then again, RARELY will buy the underlying itself, normally stick with the equities. That being said, I use the ASX and WPL as the US does not have many oil producers per se, more simply oil services. I also check whether the stock moves in correlation with the underlying, as some do not.

The reason I will buy CL is for one reason only, IF I am going to hold out of regular hours, as liquidity is greater. That being said, I DO NOT SLEEP if I have a few contracts open, like to watch the patters and momentum. If worse comes to worse, I will just place my stop and sleep in cash hours when liquidity is high and I don't have to worry about too much slippage if my stop is triggered.

Good few nights? This is absolute chop chop chop! Not good days for a swing trader such as myself, barely a swing to catch! Trying my best with mainly shorts open at the moment, 8 shorts and 3 longs infact open for now, but nothing is doing much. :down:

I'm looking for a breakdown of the indices over the rest of the week, but this resilience is starting to get me edgy. Oil is cooling off again now, perhaps I can catch it's next run, if it comes to fruition. When it does, I expect gold to really explode this time around.

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks like you've got your breakdown thus far Gaucho.

Now lets see if this lasts. Could very well find new lows by end of day, but it looks less and less likely

edit: Market most likely hit a bottom here. Buy @12122 and make some bank.

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well it has broke down a little? But I really want a run! Made 3k so far tonight, so can't complain.

Looks to me like the indices are forming a high tight, downward flag, ready to break. Any movement below the low point of tonight on high volume and I will short the YM.

Oil doing well, and the indices seem to have correlated themselves to this, so all the better, for now............

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gaucho said:
Oil doing well, and the indices seem to have correlated themselves to this, so all the better, for now............
Inversely that is. Holding support nicely (unfortunately) at the moment.

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How is the trading going Wise?

Been good to me lately, found a few runners!

A short on SMG has been fantastic! Check out GW, looks like it may be ready to breakout again soon! Got in just before it's recent breakout and have a buy order for a second portion set at 9.49. See how we go.

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gaucho said:
How is the trading going Wise?

Been good to me lately, found a few runners!

A short on SMG has been fantastic! Check out GW, looks like it may be ready to breakout again soon! Got in just before it's recent breakout and have a buy order for a second portion set at 9.49. See how we go.
I'm doing great ! Every single day I learn a little more and am more prepared to trade the curveballs the market gives me.

Its only a matter of time until i'm consistant