The "Red Pill" vs. "Blue Pill" divide

ZTIME

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TENACITY These Blue Pill guys, most of them anyway, have something to lose in terms of pissing off their family and community who actually GIVE A DAMN about them in some form or fashion. So going Red Pill might cause those people to pull away from that guy and he might not be able to afford that. Me on the other hand, coming from NO family structure, NO community structure and pretty much for the previous 31 years it's been me v.s. the world.....it's EASIER for a guy like me to become MGTOW and "walk away from the Matrix" because technically, I never had a full Matrix over me to begin with.

Right there with you!! I was raised by my grandmother and two half sisters. No Father no Mother. On my own since 15. It truly does become you against the world.

I dedicated my time and studies to developing business plans and implementing them so I wouldn't have to work for anyone. It was a struggle in my 20's but payed off well in my early 30's.

People look at you differently when you succeed. In schools, churches, social groups, and society, we're being taught to conform. We're being taught to grin and bear it, and to join the "working world" and build a home with a wife and children.(white picket fences and all!).

Nobody teaches you how to excel though. Nobody teaches you that those wives, and kids, and white picket fences will come at the expense of your own dreams. Nobody teaches that it's easier to climb to the top of the mountain alone then to carry two or three on your back.

I can't preach "red-pill" theory here because we all know my past "blue-pill" AFC behavior was baaaad!! But I can preach the eye opening realization of the expense of the "white picket fence mentality"...... It will cost your dreams, your manhood, and eventually deteriorate your soul.

I like this thread. I'm learning. Thanks to all who have posted. Your points and counter points are a great read.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
If you'll forgive another link to my blog:
http://therationalmale.com/2014/09/29/a-new-hope/

The abyss men face between a red pill life and a blue pill life is one of throwing away the hopes and goals that a lifetime of blue pill conditioning has convinced you were something you could actualize.

The Red Pill will seem nihilistic until you realize that nihilism comes from the hope that a Blue Pill idealized state is still something realizable.
This is quite true, but the avg male really, doesn't have all that much in the way of hopes and dreams.

The avg guy, generally wants to have a decent job, to have a decent looking woman that isn't a total **** and to be happy. That describes about 80% of the men in the united states if not the world.

While the blue pill is self limiting, it's still big enough for the avg man to achieve what want out of life.

It's not until one pushes the envelope that is life that one starts to confront truths or the nature of things. I could have had sex with avg looking black chicks my entire life and been content in that bubble becuase that's where i'm supposed to be and could have had "success with women" without ever having to come here.

Everyone on this website has something in common. Even the people who do not agree with each other; they wanted something more than society deemed that they should have.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
ZTIME

Nobody teaches you how to excel though. Nobody teaches you that those wives, and kids, and white picket fences will come at the expense of your own dreams. Nobody teaches that it's easier to climb to the top of the mountain alone then to carry two or three on your back.

Very true, but you see the reason they don't teach you these things in relation to business and everything else for that matter, is because technically IF they did, it would become a form of Anarchy.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, in a way you need the Blue Pill in existence (or an equivalent of it) with majority of men following it. I'm talking about men in full blown Matrix mode in terms of women, dating, creating children and marriage...but I'm also talking about in terms of business, investing in the stock market, believing in "the American Dream," believing that the Government/Federal Reserve works for our best interests and not their own, believing that what Religion teaches actually is relevant to our everyday lives for the most part...etc, etc.

You NEED the Matrix to control the masses of people, because if every guy became Red Pill and truly was "awake," you would have way too many independent people and independent leaders. So much so, that you would have a form of Anarchy. In order for society to function, you have to maintain a proper balance between "sheep" and "sheep herder" which should be no more than 80% sheep and 20% herder. The moment you get to 50/50 or the moment you get more sheep herders than sheep, you start to have some issues with the overall function of society.

Lol, in a nutshell (and I hate to be so visionary with this example), in order for the progression of the "world," somebody has to do the FVCKING and somebody has to get FVCKED.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
Tenacity said:
Very true, but you see the reason they don't teach you these things in relation to business and everything else for that matter, is because technically IF they did, it would become a form of Anarchy.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, in a way you need the Blue Pill in existence (or an equivalent of it) with majority of men following it. I'm talking about men in full blown Matrix mode in terms of women, dating, creating children and marriage...but I'm also talking about in terms of business, investing in the stock market, believing in "the American Dream," believing that the Government/Federal Reserve works for our best interests and not their own, believing that what Religion teaches actually is relevant to our everyday lives for the most part...etc, etc.

You NEED the Matrix to control the masses of people, because if every guy became Red Pill and truly was "awake," you would have way too many independent people and independent leaders. So much so, that you would have a form of Anarchy. In order for society to function, you have to maintain a proper balance between "sheep" and "sheep herder" which should be no more than 80% sheep and 20% herder. The moment you get to 50/50 or the moment you get more sheep herders than sheep, you start to have some issues with the overall function of society.

Lol, in a nutshell (and I hate to be so visionary with this example), in order for the progression of the "world," somebody has to do the FVCKING and somebody has to get FVCKED.
Maybe this sheep mentality is genetic or something in nature. Maybe nature (in the animal kingdom as well) naturally allows for a balanced number of natural born sheep/betas, natural born leaders/alphas and natural born exclusives/weirdos/outsiders for genetic variety.

You see.. every significant change or advance in human history comes from the exclusives/weirdos/outsiders because they are always the first to deviate from the norm/tradition. Once that happens.. they are either rejected by the masses or admired. Then the sheep change direction and follow the "new norm" created by the outsider who then becomes the new alpha.

There has to be a reason so many people are happy sheep.. never questioning the status quo.. or anything else for that matter. Just following along like a dumb animal. I have never been this way.. not even in my youth.. so I never understood that mindset. I always questioned things and had a hard time following rules I didn't make, understand or agree with (still do).

I think we are born either as an alpha, beta/sheep or lone wolf. Born followers will follow and protect the status quo no matter what because they don't have the intellect or critical thinking ability to fathom something "established" can possibly be bad/wrong. They lack the ability to see anything objectively. They can only judge it based on being "new and sexy" vs. "Tried and true".

For me.. regardless of how old something is (a philosophy, product, system, etc.) the first question I always ask is: Does it work? Followed by.. does it make sense?

Does spending more money than you earn make sense? NOPE. But the vast majority of sheep will do this because their friends and family do it. The status quo promotes it. Blind sheep. And these are the same people who blame Bush or Obama when their lives fall apart because of a lack of thinking and being mindless sheep.

ZTIME

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Poon King said:
There has to be a reason so many people are happy sheep.. never questioning the status quo.. or anything else for that matter. Just following along like a dumb animal. I have never been this way.. not even in my youth.. so I never understood that mindset. I always questioned things and had a hard time following rules I didn't make, understand or agree with (still do).

Fear! it's tough to not be "normal" in today's society. You have to be different to succeed, but at the initial stages of the game people will try to shun you for trying to break away from the pack.

But I learned a long time ago that the shunning and negativity are generally a form of jealousy. The pseudo "happy sheep" can't fathom the concept. So they try to berate your efforts.

If you succeed they treat you differently, but if you fail....They will always be the ones who told you so.

I've never been able to be a "traditionalist" when it come to business, religion, or any groups who try to conform you to their beliefs. Hell, just the fear of disappointment from any of these groups could keep you in "sheep mode" for the rest of your life.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
ZTIME said:
Fear! it's tough to not be "normal" in today's society. You have to be different to succeed, but at the initial stages of the game people will try to shun you for trying to break away from the pack.

But I learned a long time ago that the shunning and negativity are generally a form of jealousy. The pseudo "happy sheep" can't fathom the concept. So they try to berate your efforts.

If you succeed they treat you differently, but if you fail....They will always be the ones who told you so.

I've never been able to be a "traditionalist" when it come to business, religion, or any groups who try to conform you to their beliefs. Hell, just the fear of disappointment from any of these groups could keep you in "sheep mode" for the rest of your life.
Walking away from the "pack" is the hardest part I guess. But I've never been a good "pack" member to begin with.. so I experience the shunning, jealousy, resentment, etc. early in life. For a long time I was confused by it because I was always nice to people, I just didn't follow the crowd (and never wanted to). Oddly enough, being rejected was less painful than being fake.

In the end, you develop a tougher skin though. Your average sheep isn't much different from a child emotionally. Listen to most of them talk.. they babble, cry, b!tch and moan over the most trivial things. They whine about their stupid iphone or get upset because they met someone who doesn't like a popular movie/food/travel location/sports team that "everyone is supposed to like". They obsess over name brands and new things. They worry about retarded celebrities opinions on things (who gives a sh!t?)

Sheep get caught up in frivolousities because their lives have no meaning or purpose. Thats what happens when you are a "follower". You can have a purpose when you are following someone else.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

The411

Banned
Reaction score
VladPatton said:
These posts are all solid, so many great points of view. I'll use visuals for this one. Yeah, the blue pill mentality works, it's constricting, unmanly, stale, and it's...ok..sort of like this:

http://www.4wheelsnews.com/images/news/13136/2011_toyota_prius_blue.jpg

The red pill mentality is crude, quick, fearless, and efficiently powerful, like THIS:
http://image.automobilemag.com/f/76466496+q100+re0/2015-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat.jpg

Which do YOU wanna be in?
When you meet someone that you don't have to use red pill game on, that's when you have applied all this red pill 'ideology.' My definition of Red Pill is men who have been burned in the past, naive for the most part I assume. They get smarter and introduce something 'revolutionary.' What they failed to realize is that this was always the world they were living in. The theories are known to naturals, but they *must* make a case for it. Perhaps a feeling of self accomplishment? I don't know. From my experience and exposure to Red Pill are from those from the former category. They get smarter. That comes with the penalty of being burned in the past, not being offensive to anyone here, but it definitely brings the bitterness vibe.

I am very grateful for learning about the red pill at a young age. But it was negativity no matter how you put it. Even the phrase Red Pill puts you in a defensive mindset. The biggest problem I see with the exposure to Red Pill is the negativity that comes with it. I'm still trying to spread awareness while keeping the positive flow.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It definitely comes from being burned in the past, and looking for an answer to why it happened, an understanding for it. You just have to take it all in, merge to your new path, and leave the past in the past. Mixing the Red Pill with bitterness is like taking your medicine with alcohol. Not the best combo out there for optimum healing.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll tell you that it is MUCH easy to be "red" pill in my middle-ages than it was when I was younger. Mostly because now most of the women I see now are in their late 30s early 40s, and MOST of them have been though a couple of crappy relationships and pretty much stand on their own feet.

They REALLY aren't interested in a relationship, they just want a guy that they can have some fun with and meeting the occasional physical need, which I am more than happy to provide.

Right now I'm regularly seeing 3 women and a third I would call semi-regular. All are high quality professional women who don't need a man. Anyone that starts getting needy with them, they dump because they just want fun and sex.

Young women still believe in the princess version of the love story... but they are driven by instinct when looking for a mate. They want a nice guys that is going to be there for them if they need it, but they NEED a good looking stud to hook up with. They can't help it any more than we can help wanting to have sex with a HB9 rather than the sweet loyal 5.

The problem is that we are all animals, with rational brains.

DJLondoner

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a blue pill taker... I would like to know where the truth leads too but I just had to say on the blue pill.