The real secret to getting girls

countermart

Don Juan
Reaction score
The real secret to getting girls is the same secret for success in life....here it is...wait for it....

TRY.

Yep, that’s it. As I am now getting back into this game and working on my own issues I realise the one common denominator is simply try.

Of course you are all going to say, “Well that is darn obvious, it’s all been said before”, we don’t need to remember that. But is it?

The guy that is a success tried. They don’t complain, they don’t grudge the danger, they don’t over intellectualise, they don’t avoid the pain of temporary failure, they don’t let fear stop them, they don’t spend long hours contemplating does she like me, will it work, can I do it, how do I do it, what does she mean by that etc, etc? They don’t listen to other people that say you can’t, or it will not work. They don’t succeed all the time, but they do TRY, and because they try they succeed.

Han – “Never tell me the odds”, and another example of a 1000 to 1 shot.
One reason we fail to try, among many, is we weigh up the odds, decide they are too long and don’t try. But our feelings, our perceptions, are often very wrong.

Years ago I was working and living alone in the country and met a good looking blond working at the same place, but living on the other side of the property. She was slim, 19, spent the day riding horses, and well, you can fill in the rest in your imagination.... . We met the night a foal was being born. I asked her to go to the pub, and there we were a few nights later. She started saying how the girl she was staying with, another worker on the property, was such a pain etc. I sat back, beer in hand, and thought....1000 to 1....chance at best. “Come and live with me”, I said. In a week I was living in the country with a very sweet girl, who much later asked me to marry her! I said no...and I guess that was the end of that...but it was fun while it lasted.

Other guys on the property were like, how did you do it? Well, I used that incredible secret of success, I tried. I asked her.

The one common denominator in any life success I have had is I tried. When I did not try, I failed. The real failure is not in trying and failing, it is in not trying. By not trying failure is effectively guaranteed.

What prevents us from trying? Many things, but some important ones relate to pain and caring. Try, but do not care about the outcome, after all, if it really is 1000 to 1 then you should not be disappointed if it doesn’t actually come off should you? If you place too much emotional energy into succeeding you will often not try because you magnify the potential pain of a negative outcome. Something I am still working on. Not caring about the outcome will help you to simply try, and simply trying can change your life.

How much of our lives have we left on the table, because we did not try?

I have a terrible feeling I am being told by life...”Look you fool...I made her for you, I made her beautiful for you, she played the violin for you, she wore the green dress for you, she smiled and laughed for you, I gave her the apple that she might share it with you, I placed her alone that night in the same compartment for you...she turned one last time on the train station and asked with her eyes for you...and you let her disappear into the crowd, for want of what?”

“You made her too beautiful, I thought it was a 1000 to 1.”

“No, it was a certain shot, and you didn’t take it.”

“Does she ever remember me, like I remember her?”

“No, she only remembers the man that tried.”

I write this for myself to always remember to TRY, and in the hope that by being reminded of it, it may help you as well.

Countermart

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
Great post, Countermart. Very uplifting and keeps the hope alive.

BillyT

Reaction score
I have forgotten most of the times I was shot down and embarrassed myself. I still remember every one that I was too much of a coward to try for even when the signs were there. Disappointment fades, regret lasts a long time.

Samedi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post! :up:

Eventually you have to break free of your shackles. Enough times of backing down through fear or pear pressure or whatever can make you feel like your getting backed into a corner. There has to be a time where you say enough is enough! Fook it! Wade in! Laugh! Smile! Fun! Life is to be enjoyed, not analyzed.

For those of us who have wasted our lifes doing bog all, there's still time! You know the result of not trying. The dissapointment and self punishment. TRY something new. What harm can it do? None. I speak of making sensible choices obviously. I've been skinny all my life. I know what it's like. Do i want to stay the same for the next 10 years? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I want to change. And so i must try.

Now there's trying, and there's giving up. You can try and then say, "well it didn't work, guess it's not meant to be." This frame of mind is deadly. It's a poor man's way of quiting. He expects sympathy.
An example:
A man was encouraged to run a 100m race, he moaned and said he was crap, too fat, too skinny, too ugly for the cameras, bla bla bla etc. Eventually after anaylzing how the runners raced, their posture, how they looked he still came to the same conclusion. He was just stalling. Skipping answering the question by providing 10 of his own. Soon he got fed up and frustrated and said to himself, "fook this! I'm wading in! I'm not gonna wait any longer, i wanna get on those starting blocks."

He gets on the blocks, his heart pumping in his ears. His whole body shaking. Sweaty palms and the rest. Deathly silence as the runners settle in their blocks. His mind? He's got doubts, but he's just trying to rehearse what he's gonna do, and apply it as best he can. The gun goes. He starts off well, but then some others overtake him. He feels gutted. He's in last place. Why continue? he says. I've lost already. Why go through the pain and embarassment of finishing the race? What do i gain by it? He convinces himself to stop. And his body does as it's told. His desire is lost. He gives up. He wanted to race, and he did! He tryed! Yet he gave up. Still work to do, in his mind and body.
I think this kinda mirrors many of us guys who struggle in the same way in various things. We give up and go back to comfort zone. We tryed, but failed. End of story.
Trying is good. Yet we must persist! Don't give up! You lost today, but always look for a positive in everything. TRY............AND TRY SOME MORE! The key to not giving up is to keep TRYING! Push through those barriers.

Another rambling post that prob makes no sense lol.