The Phone

Smooth Player 056

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, i'm attempting to write up a few generic articles for you all so you can just read the article instead of asking the same old questions all the time. This one is gonna be about....

THE PHONE

So you've got her number? Great! Now you're wondering what the **** to do, well hopefully this article will give you some insight of what to do with this number. I see ALOT of posts asking what to say, when to call, why to call, how long to stay on the phone and a variety of other questions.... lets go thru them

WHY TO CALL
This is very important. You need to figure this out - why are you calling the girl? As a player your aim is to seduce the girl and get the lay, so your aim should be to do something that furthers this cause. Only a very small percentage of communication is verbal and thus the phone lacks ALOT of the subtleties of interaction and becomes much more difficult to kick effective game. This means that your phone call should have a definite purpose - to set up a date.

WHEN TO CALL
Call about 2/3 days after you get the number. You dont want to be too eager but at the same time you dont want to wait too long as she will forget about you.

WHAT TO SAY
This is a VERY common question. Exactly what you say isn't important but the formula is this

GREETING
FLUFF TALK(what did you do today, how have things been etc)
SETUP THE DATE
GOODBYE

When you greet her you will obviously say, "hey it's (your name)" but that only says so much. You are just a voice on the phone. You want her to link that voice with the person she gave her number too. This means you must be congruent with how you were when you got the number. If you were playful and funny then be that way on the phone, if you were mysterious, be that way. It is very helpful to get her to recall the feelings from when you got her number, so getting her to laugh about something again from that encounter is very helpful.

e.g. One time i was at a gig and i couldn't find my microphone, I was panicking in a joking way to this chick, playfully saying she stole it etc. I got her number. Later on in the nite i found my mic and I told her.

So when i called I was like, "Hey, It's Lakida.. that moron who couldn't find his mic". Straight away that recalls the humour of the situation.

OK, so after the greeting you launch into fluff talk. This is pretty self explanatory... HOWEVER a useful tactic is to NONCHALANTLY ask what she has planned for the rest of the week so you can see how her schedule is. This way if she mentions she is busy on the day you were planning for the date, you can have a backup day. Continue the fluff talk for a few minutes before setting up the date.

You need to know exactly what you have planned before you call. As far as what to do for the date, thats for another article. Remember, you are not ASKING her to hang out with you, you are suggesting she can JOIN you. This is a subtle, but fundamental difference. The difference between

you: Would you like to go out for coffee with me?

to

you: let's go grab some coffee this saturday

is HUGE.

Another method is to mention you are going to be doing a particular activity and telling her she can come along.... e.g.

you: well, i'm going to play some pool saturday, you can join me if you want... unless your afraid of being beaten?

Just remember - you are not asking, you are giving her the opportunity to be with YOU.

HOW TO SAY IT
Considering over the phone it is ALL verbal, tonality is very important. You should sound happy to speak to her, SMILE when you talk, however don't sound too excited - it shouldn't be a big deal.

HOW LONG TO STAY ON THE PHONE
Generally, you don't want to spend any longer than 5/10mins. I don't like talking on the phone to my projects and generally use it primarily to set-up a meeting, thus I always keep it brief. Save the long conversations for face to face.

WHAT ABOUT TXT?
Ahhh TXT messaging, imo the easiest way to lose power. I never use sms to set-up a meeting unless they sms YOU first and give you an opening, as a rule of thumb though i'd advice against it.

SMSing is like a game of tag. As soon as you hit send on your msg your anticipation builds waiting for their response and therefore you think about them too much. This is NOT a good thing. Use SMS to send random msgs that will make her laugh and think of you - don't expect a response, this will set you up for dissapointment. Don't send long ass msgs asking things like "how have you been?" cos you don't really want to be getting into conversations. Theres always exceptions to the rule but as a general rule... try and avoid smsing with your targets unless you know what your doing.

Hope that helped some of ya'll...
-Smooth-

Mikers

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some good points, but just remember these arent rules. Rules are meant to be broken. Thats the essence of life.

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mikers said:
Some good points, but just remember these arent rules. Rules are meant to be broken. Thats the essence of life.
Shiiiiiit double goes for me. I can break all of those rules and still come out shining my light.

Great points to follow as guidelines... kind of like a routine for newbies. Apply, rinse, repeat as required.

AB500

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm, I'm curious, are long phone conversations always a bad idea? What if they are sexual in nature? Also text messaging is sometimes a bad idea but I've seen chicks loose a lot of their inhibitions while texting them and tell me things they wouldn't normally tell me (details about sex life etc) so it can be a good thing if used right.