The leather jacket

flyinshark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys. Yesterday, for the 1st time of my life, i bought myself a nice expensive jeather jacket for 300 bucks canadian after negotiation. I never owned a leather jacket before, so i feel like this is a major improvement in my clothing style.

Wearing this jacket makes me feel more elegant, more manly, more successful..and it just boosts my confidence about myself. I wonder what you guys think of nice leather jackets and what they mean to you.

Here's a picture of me wearing it :
http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OMBQELN-VAD

Thanks for your opinions.

ThreeStorms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A man should dress in real animal skin occasionally. So yeah, leather jackets rule.

Morphiex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow when did this place become queer eye for the straight guy ? o_O

dont worry too much about how you look , worry more on how you live....

OfficeSpace

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey bro,

Nice Jacket, but that style of leather jacket doesn't quite fit me, but looks like it'll fit yours. I own a leather jacket and I get a lot of compliments on it.. Hehe, I'm sure you'll get the same! Leather jackets are pretty awesome and yeah, they never go out of style!

Analytic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally I think just because its a leather jacket doent mean anything. Most leather jacket will make you look old and boring. You should find a jacket that brings out the bad boy in you, look for a rugged style jacket. Go for brown rather then black, brown is more fasionable and goes great with jeans and whatever eles you have.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Morphiex said:
wow when did this place become queer eye for the straight guy ? o_O

dont worry too much about how you look , worry more on how you live....
Having style is as much a part of being a made man as anything. You can go throw on anything you want. I'll keep busy looking good

flyinshark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Exp said:
It's a nice leather jacket, but you have to co-ordinate it well with other clothes. That green zip-sweater for example, doesn't look good with the jacket. Wear a thinner (if the weather allows), brighter sweater/t-shirt/whatever under it. And oh, smile dude, you look angry.
Thanks for your input. I was never very good in the fashion department, so i'll try to apply your suggestions when i wear my jacket. Thinner, brighter shirts underneat, got it! As for smiling, you're not the 1st person to tell me that i look angry in some of my photos. I guess that happens when i try to look like a bad boy. I mean, i was wearing the leather jacket for god's sakes! :rockon: But i'll keep that in mind to smile more.

And Espi, yeah, it so happens that i also bought a white button down shirt in the same day as i bought the jacket, so hey, they might go together perfectly. And i think you're right about leather jackets never going out of style. Man, i feel good wearing it too! I've been looking for something like this for a long time.

Analytic, I already spent a lot on this jacket, so i wont go spending the same amount or more on a more rugged style jacket, else i might go bankrupt. I don;t wanna look like a biker anyway. What i want is to look elegant and more manly, so i hope the jacket i got will do that for me.

Looking good should help me get my foot in the door with a variety of women, as many are saying on these boards, so i guess that can't be a bad thing at all.

Analytic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't really see how your jacket look because of the quality of the picture and its really dark to make out the style. Just for your information, black leather jacket is way more biker then brown, you won't see a biker wear brown. Black does gives more of a badboy look then brown but you gotta have attitude to back it up. I once bought a black leather jacket for $450 but at the time I was a huge AFC and I feel like a try hard and return it the next day. If you feel good in it and its your style, you will definally look good in it.

Scumfrog

Don Juan
Reaction score
Leather jackets are the way to go. I absolutely love them. The picture you posted is a little dark but I'm sure it's nice.

john_1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
get a pair of nice kenneth coles or something to go along w/ that

Reaction score
i luv my leather jacket makes me feel like im a bad ass gives a huge confidence boost to me when im wearing it but unforutnately for me i live in South Florida where its always HOT and it nvr stops raining

TheNewGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Think a leather jacket is a good investment, or should I save that money for other things?

flyinshark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TheNewGuy said:
Think a leather jacket is a good investment, or should I save that money for other things?
If you find one that looks good on you, then i think it's a good investment. It can make you look distinguished, and it just gives you this feeling of power when you wear it. But this is me, and perhaps not everyone feels the same when wearing a leather jacket. In my case, i feel as if it helped me leap from dressing like a boy to dressing like a MAN.

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've bought a few leather jackets from Wilson's Leather. Some people like to dog on their quality for some reason, but I've never understood why. They have a really nice selection of all sorts of leather jackets and accessories, and for pretty good prices. In fact my two favorite jackets are off a clearance rack at a Wilson's Leather Outlet store, for about 15-25% of the original price, and they're both freakin awesome and have gotten lots of compliments (well on one at least, the other I got two days ago :)).

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind getting a leather jacket, i think it would look good but they are expensive. if it lasts a long time then it might be worth it however. :D