The James Bond attitude

StockTrader

Don Juan
Reaction score
Spike TV recently ran a James Bond marathon over the holidays. He is the best DJ in the history of cinema IMO.

Let's look in detail at the movie "Goldfinger" (my all time favorite) to analyze and model the James Bond DJ attitude:

Near the beginning, he walks into a spanish bar and eyes a hot, sexy dancer. He's always unapologetic about wanting women. His attitude is, "of course she wants me". He never tries too hard either. He doesn't oogle over her or tell his contact in the bar...
"hey man...look at that hot girl, I think I can get her."

There's no 3 second rule. There's no AFC ish..."I wonder what she thinks about me".

The real genius of his character is his forcefulness combined with playfulness. It shows up throughout the movie.

The scenes with Jill Masterson (the girl who gets painted gold) is a good example. He's on the phone making an important call in bed, and she's playfully running her hair through his hair. He forcefully but playfully shoves her face away and pushes her on the bed.

Imagine the inexperienced AFC doing this. He'd be thinking..."gosh, I hope she doesn't get offended."

The scenes with ***** Galore are great too. In the barn, when she's about to walk away, he forefully takes her by the arm and brings her back in. Then he trips her, and they play around in the hay. He's always forceful but never overly aggressive.

Some people may say..."it's only a movie character". He's not real. He gets women simply by his looks or his status. The character may not be real, but the male-female interactions in it are very realistic. Everything in the DJ bible (save for alot of C&F) is in the movie series.

I don't concentrate anymore on lines, SS, NLP or other verbal techniques. Your mental attitude is your most important asset. When you radiate confidence and a general ease with your surroundings, your mind relaxes and conversation because so much easier. You're not forcing anything. It all comes naturally.
It's a beautiful state!

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Bond...James Bond." I think for the best situations with Bond, watch the Connery and Brosnan movies. Both seem to do the best with the females in the films unlike thier other counterparts.

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by crazykid
"Bond...James Bond." I think for the best situations with Bond, watch the Connery and Brosnan movies. Both seem to do the best with the females in the films unlike thier other counterparts.
Bump.

I've always found Brosnan to be the best Bond. In a way, the character OF James Bond (or at least how Brosnan protrays it) is my DJ goal.

Now some people may say it's because of the characters status, but you have to remember that that's not always the case. For instance in the recently released movie, 'Die Another Day', Halie Barry (sp?) doesn't know James is an agent when they first meet. Shes interested because of his whole attitude. He uses some c/f on her first, "Beautiful view" (or somethign along those lines), and then goes on to say hes an ornotologist (sp?) , which is complete bullcrap but he plays it so seriously that it comes off as realistic but at the same time she knows hes kidding. To go along with it, the EC is also there and so is the presence.

Now if only we could invent a "James Bond" injection, that would make all the AFC's in the world, DJ's. :)

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whenever you're in an unfamiliar environment and are unsure how to handle the situation, ask yourself: 'What would Bond do?' Works great :D

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krassus
Whenever you're in an unfamiliar environment and are unsure how to handle the situation, ask yourself: 'What would Bond do?' Works great :D
WWBD

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless it's Bond as played by Roger Moore. He was like a white Urkel. Connery was by FAR the best Bond, with Brosnan coming in second. If it were up to me, Connery would STILL be Bond.

atlantis

Reaction score
Same here, I just love his movies.

One gesture I've specially liked is him looking deeply in a filmed HB eyes and ask "why would you say such a thing?" or something similar.

Bond's way to ask "why?", I guess.

Combined with the right tonalty, it's powerful ;)

atlantis.

vudufixit

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some comments on Bond:

Brosnan is great, but Connery is the one that really had it all. Lazenby is actually a bit underrated.

I think the appeal of Bond to women is the combination of suave refinement, coolness under pressure, ability to fight his way out of any situation, and the fact that he doesn't take any BS from anyone. He's unafraid, especially not of women.

An interesting site: www.bondlife.com which is meant to sell "Live the James Bond Lifestyle" seminars and books. No there is no pretense that you'll turn into a globetrotting super agent, but it's all about identifying which aspects of the Bond mystique you can apply to your life.

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by GigaloDJ
My friends call me James Bond .

-Bond (GDJ)
And several girls I've met have actually called me Don Juan :p (No kidding)...

Anyways regarding Bond... Brosnan is a very good second but noone beats Roger Moore :) :)

I've never been any techniquelover I've always been myself, confident, abit arrogant, intelligent, playfull, funny and very flirtatous. If girls don't like me the way I am they can fvck off.

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by vudufixit
Some comments on Bond:

Brosnan is great, but Connery is the one that really had it all. Lazenby is actually a bit underrated.

I think the appeal of Bond to women is the combination of suave refinement, coolness under pressure, ability to fight his way out of any situation, and the fact that he doesn't take any BS from anyone. He's unafraid, especially not of women.

An interesting site: www.bondlife.com which is meant to sell "Live the James Bond Lifestyle" seminars and books. No there is no pretense that you'll turn into a globetrotting super agent, but it's all about identifying which aspects of the Bond mystique you can apply to your life.
the books being sold on that site look HIGHLY interesting.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Books did look interesting, but then I read this. Sounds a bit AFC.

You see her across the room. Ah, so attractive. But nobody to introduce her to you. "Ah, I'll do a James Bond on her," you think. Now what was Bond's first words to ***** Galore? "I must be dreaming." No, that won't work. How about singing "Underneath the Mango Tree" to her as Bond did to Honey Rider in "Dr. No". Ah? No!

Well, what's left? First of all, it's always safe to assume that she has a boyfriend that can squeeze the stuffings out of a golf ball. That aside, take a chance and use the ticket technique.

Instead of asking her to dinner or out on a date which has romance intended, get some tickets to a concert or event first, and then with tickets in hand say, "I just happened to have tickets to this event. If you'd like to go with me, I'd be happy to take you."

This way the subject is the event. Talk about the person singing at the concert, instead of if the two of you could hit it off or not. She can easily say yes or no, or ask more questions about you or the time and place of the event. She won't have the pressure of turning you down, so she can just turn the event down and that will be that. And if by chance she can't make that date, but is interested in you, she can start talking about going out another time.

I've strongly suggested this "ticket" technique to both men and women who are infatuated with someone at work, or at shop, or restaurant, and have no idea how to make an approach. If the person is available, they usually say yes to an invitation. After all, it's just going to an event. It's not really a date.

So don't "ask her out". Don't "take her to dinner". Get some tickets, and maybe she'll answer you like Cameron Diaz does in "Charlie's Angels". "Tickets? I love tickets!"

Paul Kyriazi (paulkyriazi@usa.net)
Live the James Bond Lifestyle
12335 Santa Monica Blvd. PMB 116
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Phone : 310-826-0222

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Meh, i dont think that sounds really afc'ish. Its just another way to approach someone. Ask them to go with you wherever and work your bond moves.

AFC-Murdaz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure but how do you approach women with a Bond attitude when I am classy and all these women are A) hyperactively wearing ecko/sean john/etc B) *****y C) extremely demanding in your material (money, etc)??? Utmost respect to those who can actually seduce anyone. I can't. Only on... calmer people.

Black Bahindian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"The next time I see you, I'll put you across my knee." - Thunderball

One of my favorite lines from him. C+F at its finest.

On another matter, this book looks like it's worth reading.

Eric Smith

Don Juan
Reaction score
I hope none of you will buy the books or attend the seminars because its foolish. Just get the DVD boxed sets (3 of them total and should not be more than $200) If you only want Connery flicks then it will be about $70 plus you get great movies while you are at it. However I hope you do realize that James Bond doesn't hook these girls in right away.

James Bond is a great series but if you want to at least throw your money away, give it to me so I can make good use out of it.

Robot Rebel

Reaction score
The problem with this is that a movie is fictional, and uh, none of us can compete with Brosnan or any other James Bonds as far as looks go. You really can't compare things working out for a "hot" hollywood actor and the same techniques working for us.

Eric Smith

Don Juan
Reaction score
The more I read this, the more shady it gets:

Near the beginning, he walks into a spanish bar and eyes a hot, sexy dancer. He's always unapologetic about wanting women
She already knew him. Since it was a mission of his, she might have very well been an agent; either way she already knew him. This is proven with "Why do you always carry that thing?" Its not like he just went for whatever. I believe she expected him to be there since she was bathing despite the tanks being blown up nearby.

Both seem to do the best with the females in the films unlike thier other counterparts.
Too bad Timothy Dalton portrayed Bond the best. He is my personal favorite one since he was like the books (I read all the Ian Fleming books along with watching all the movies) with Connery being a close second. I didn't think Brosnan, Lazenby, or Moore did a good job of playing the 007 role. They each had their own 007 role that was nowhere near as good as the original Bond.

Yeah but most of the girls didn't even see half of the Bond traits. In fact, pretty much only the last description applies.

The problem with this is that a movie is fictional
Yes. Bond himself is fictional. All of the stuff he does was just concocted by Ian Fleming. In fact, the whole purpose of the Bond girls was to make sure more men attended the movie. This was even admitted on the Goldfinger DVD bonus. United Artists pretty much tried as hard as they could to portray Connery as even a figure to be appreciated with by the ladies and the ladies that were shown wouldn't even get a second glance from people here (watch the DVD and see what I'm saying). It seems like I'm being overly critical because someone needs to be before they flush whatever money it costs for a book or seminar down the toilet.

Just enjoy the movies. The only thing that people need to imitate from Bond is not being afraid to approach unless you are some secret agent that in a farfetched manner has his ass saved by factors outside him like overly nice villains manages to escape but not before a final showdown with the villain.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
I just bought this book. Should be quite an interesting read.