The ideal weight for a 172 cm guy

MattB

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WHats the ideal weight for my height. Right now I am bulking up, and I plan to stop at 152 (currently 137pounds) Then I will begin cutting. What do you guys think?

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MattB
WHats the ideal weight for my height. Right now I am bulking up, and I plan to stop at 152 (currently 137pounds) Then I will begin cutting. What do you guys think?
Sounds good, but don't rely on "ideal weight." It's complete BS. According to it, I'm almost obese, and so are some guys at my gym who are super-cut.

chim_chim

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
172cm is about 5'8" right? Obviously there are a lot of variables, but I would aim for 160-180 depending on your build etc.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by chim_chim
172cm is about 5'8" right? Obviously there are a lot of variables, but I would aim for 160-180 depending on your build etc.
Less than that... for 5'10 it's 156lbs... I'd guess under 150

MattB

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since I am short, I dont want to bulk up to the point where I look short and stocky.

I want to get those lean cut build, so that I can "appear" taller. I am also aiming for <8% body fat.:)

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're an ectomorph (skinny extremities and limbs, small waist, narrow shoulders), it will take a LARGE amount of weight training to look "bulky and stocky". So don't worry about that too much. Your main focus should actually be the opposite -- 'filling out'.

I am an ectomorph too, and although I work out religiously, I see no need for worrying about getting stocky. I would need to weigh at least 185 to look bulky, in my opinion. I'm 5'8.5" right now, and am shooting for 165-170.

renegadejbj

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey there,
I'm not sure about what the ideal weight fo ryou would be. When I did my medical, I was 143lbs, which I was told was good for someone my height. So if you are around 140 I guess that should be ok.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am about 1.72cm as well. It isn't necessary to bulk excessively. Marky Marky is a great example of someone in this height range. His weight range is around 160-170lb. Scale weight is very generic, I think it would be fair to say that I am carrying a similar amount of muscle as him. I am not saying I am Marky Mark, just that that is a realistic body at that height to strive for. Just enough so you don't look too barilly in clothes.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It really depends, there is no right or wrong answer. What size your frame is, how dense your bone structure is, how much muscle you have, etc...

I would say probably somewhere between 150 and 180, but I am the same height and look good at 200 lbs because I am broad and muscular. I want to get down to about 185 or do for bodyfat reasons, but I am fine at this weight. Some football players at this height weigh 220 lbs...so it really depends on the amount of muscle you are carrying...

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey retards stop bumping a 9 year old thread. I'm pretty sure OP isn't on this site anymore.