The gym, bulking, all that good sh*t.

gonnamakeachange

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've lurked on these forums for a long time. One thing that keeps being repeated over and over is the idea to get big, gain weight, and develop muscles.

I know if you're a husky dude, you get more respect and girls will probably approach you or make very obvious IOIs. But for all the guys that are on the slimmer side, don't feel inferior. You can still be strong. You can still develop muscle. And girls will still find you attractive. As long as you're not bony, being slim doesn't hurt your success that much. Just eat a little more so bones don't be stick out (hips, elbows, knees, and ribs are areas to look at if you're bony). If you don't see bones and you're toned, be happy with your body.

My BMI is 19.9 and I'm happy.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why be happy being average, when you could be happier being wedge.

mtlwlu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I went from 140lbs to 170lbs of pure muscle, girls do notice and they do love it, hell i can honestly say its gotten me girls that i never thought i could before, not because my game is weak but because they wouldnt give me the time of day before.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
not necessarily big but get in freaking shape.

if you are 5'8 210 you need to lose fat

if you are 5'8 140 you need to gain muscle

my main concern would be get under 10% body fat first and foremost. then bulk up 10-15 pounds, than cut and repeat utnil you find a happy medium

gonnamakeachange

Don Juan
Reaction score
But you guys act like gaining weight will magically open doors and women will flock to you. What I'm trying to say is women can still flock to you even you're not husky.

Johnny_Kage

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to be Arnold, then be Arnold. Do it for you. Not because it gets you girls. Girls will fvck you either way.

Cheers!

- Johnny Boy

EdwardGrey

Reaction score
the quality of females that were interested in me changed drastically when I gained 30lbs of muscle

2/13/09 started 6'4 154

today 182lbs :rockon:

being part of this website and applying what I read has also helped ALOT

gonnamakeachange

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm glad the guys that gained weight have more attention from girls. Goes to show girls are shallow just like men are shallow. We like big boobs and they like big men.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gonnamakeachange said:
I'm glad the guys that gained weight have more attention from girls. Goes to show girls are shallow just like men are shallow. We like big boobs and they like big men.
Girls are humans too. Just because someone prefers a good body, doesnt make them shallow. Bitter much?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gonnamakeachange said:
But you guys act like gaining weight will magically open doors and women will flock to you.
umm...yeah pretty much.

stop fighting the freaking waves and take your ass (Everyone) to gold's gym.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gonnamakeachange said:
But you guys act like gaining weight will magically open doors and women will flock to you. What I'm trying to say is women can still flock to you even you're not husky.
Women CAN still flock to you, but they might not. Women can flock to you even if your poor, or fat, or bald, or ugly. But if you can do something to improve yourself, your health, your life and your over all well being as well as getting more women to notice you...what is the downside? There is no downside of going to the gym and working out.

If you want to be Arnold, then be Arnold. Do it for you. Not because it gets you girls. Girls will fvck you either way.

Cheers!

- Johnny Boy
I don't think anybody here is trying to be Arnold. And girls with fvck you either way, just not the same girls sometimes. Again, what's the downside?

I can say from experience, I'm 5'8 I was 280 lbs...I got no interest from girls. I'm down to 200 and I get a lot more interest. I noticed that as my weight decreased, I dressed better and focused on my life and found my own confidence and happiness I met more women, and better looking women.

Working out is only one part of the puzzle. You have to build a complete life. As men our confidence also comes from accomplishment as well as other sources and going to the gym gives you a sense of accomplishment. It boosts more than just your muscle size.

I've slacked off from the gym for 4 months due to an injury and I can tell you, its affected my state, putting on a few pounds and not being able work out. I can't wait to get back in the gym this afternoon.

What is the downside of working out? NONE!

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gonnamakeachange said:
Sure, but then they will UN-flock to you when a more attractive male who goes to the gym comes around.