The Great Equalizer: We're all Screwed Up.

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think one of the most common misconceptions people have in dealing with their self-confidence is that they think they're "wrong" or "off" in what they do. That, or they fear a rejection based on who they are and how they act.

Here's a tip: We're all FVCKED up in some way or another. Every single one of us has these little ticks and traits that keep us human - No one is perfect, and striving for perfection is not only foolish but an unobtainable goal at best. The day you look in the mirror and are able to say "I'm happy" is the closest you'll ever come to perfection, and thats not such a terrible thing; you just need to accept the fact that who you are is who you are, and the first step toward fulfillment is not trying to force yourself into something you aren't, but rather making the most of what you've got.

Sure - You work out, you get a job, you dress nice and you practice techniques to make social situations more enjoyable. That doesnt mean you're a god amongst humanity, it just means you've used what you've got inside to get what you want. If you look at anyone who's confident in themselves and truly happy at the same time, you're still going to see they have flaws. They dont have magical powers or some sort of special force that makes people like them, but rather the only difference between them and the "unconfident" people of the world is that the confident ones don't parade their flaws on their sleeves and let themselves be lead around by them all the time. They're aware of what their flaws are and that's as far as they let it have control over their lives. They live the best they can and get the most out of life in doing so; its as simple as that.

Accepting who you are isnt giving up, it's saying, "I am what I am, and thats why I'm an individual. An individual who knows who they are, is free to do what they want because of this, and isn't afraid to just live life from breath to breath."

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man Mike, whenever you drop in, you make it count! Keep up the good work.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post cable.

Its all very true. I've been doing some thinking lately and i've come up with the hypothesis that:

You can't search for happiness because you will fail. All you can do is try to find the right attitude in what you do, and happiness will follow.

Thanks again for the great post cable.

Reaction score
the day I'm near perfect is the day I'm dead. No more crying, no more whining, no more pain, no more heart break. Just a one way ticket to the seventh circle of hell.
I

I know I'm f*cked up. I just realized and accepted that the other day in fact. I just keep on being a f*cked up dude and f*cking with people's minds..

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
awesome post man...you don't know how much I needed that..

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:)

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm glad you guys liked it:)

I've just seen so many posts about "Gotta do this" or "Gotta do that" in order to be some sort of demi-god social pimp-a-tron robot. I mean, sure, you can do things to "improve" (for lack of another term) your general attributes, but who you are is who you are - Dont fight it, go with it. Make it work for you; dont try to distort it into something unnatural.

If you're not a jock, dont try to be one. If you're not a prep, dont try to be one. Be YOU and be the most vibrant and unique YOU you can possibly be. The first step towards being rewarded with genuine happiness is to do the things you actually want to do, not the things you make yourself think you want to do.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post!

Good to see you're still around :D

October

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump.

Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by October
Bump.
Good post,

but what's up with the revival of all these old threads?!!!!

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by strams4ever
Because it kicks ass, and some people may not have read it?
Exactly. It's nice seeing great posts on the from page instead of the usualy garbage. People need to read these more.

Rad

Don Juan
Reaction score
You just gott live the life you were born to live! Giving it all you've got to give!

MiKe23

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im so glad I got to see this post...What a great thing for my mind to take in. Thanks cable