The dating game is pretty much a game of luck

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The harder I work the luckier I get

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Real men create the life that they want to live. Even in the midst of what would appear to be strife and turmoil. Your thinking like a lazy man if you think that the dating game is just luck.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Iceberg said:
For the purposes of the message board, I think we're taught that only a certain type of guy can keep a woman. The real world is much more complex than "AFC" "Alpha" "PUA" etc, etc.

Just because a guy isn't our definition of "DJ" doesn't necessarily mean that his wife is going to bang the high school basketball team behind his back.
I totally agree with that.

The thing is, pickup is a numbers game. We're taught to be a certain kind of loud, brash, somewhat @ssholish guy, we're all taught to be the same guy, basically. I think the reason is not because all women are going to be attracted to this guy, it's because it's a numbers game. With the main goal to pursue sex from random women, getting ONS's and FBs. Being a guy with this personality, who doesn't care, is in good position to go out and hit on girls and not get hurt by any rejection that comes along. You're not so much a desireable man as a pickup machine (Although I do believe women are attracted to bold behavior).

Also, the type of girl who goes out drinking with the thought of going home with some strange man, is more likely to be attracted to this type of guy, at least short term. I think Brad80 has a thread on here somewhere, where this woman has a boyfriend, and she's looking for a guy who isn't going to get attached to her and cause her trouble with her relationship. She just wants some sex, she wants someone to cheat with. Pickup Guy fits the bill perfectly.

It's not that all women are hoping you will never get attached to her (they want you to, just not too soon because that shows weakness. Men should never be weak). Women looking for a relationship will want you to get attached, at the right time. But for the bar slvt out looking for a notch in her bed, that's not what she's looking for. Pickup gurus prepare you to succeed with these club girls, because that's where they can make money, running bootcamps. And also because that's where the easy sex is (alchohol).

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Social ability is the number one predictor. I'm telling you, every dude I know who is socially able to cultivate friends and associates is able to pull. They may not pull all the time or may not pull as much as good looking dudes but they pull.

If you aren't pulling you probably need to make a few friends. Which, by the way, will make life far more tolerable.

ilikecharlene

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll be unPC and say yes, it IS about luck.

Some have better looks, or more confidence/game. So these people have an advantage. That said, I think most acknowledge looks are not everything and are no absolute bar in dating. But this doesn't mean some hold advantages.

Advantages occur in life, and not everything is fair lol...