The Creepiness Factor

Wal Doe

Don Juan
Reaction score
i have returned to this forum after a long hiatus, and after several successes and rejections, i have to say that i still don't understand what makes a guy creepy to a chick. It boggles me. Exp.-i meet a really cute girl who happens to be mutual friends with most of my friends. very flirtatious she was. i've made the afc mistake of telling a chick she's beautiful on more than one occasion. "ur so adorable," i said. well she returned positively with "i beg to differ, i'm certainly not as adorable as you..." awww, yeah, she wants me...or so i thought. one night i'm checking email when she im's me (she got my sn from someone i know), so i figured "hmmm, she must be interested in me..." cool. i talk to her on aim, but for the most part just chat. believe me, i watch what i say around women, i'm not ur typical creepy afc (anymore...hehe). so to say, i've grown out of it. anyway, i find out she is attending classes at the same campus as i (thru im convo) and she says we shd hang out. so i email her later on that she shd give me her nbr so we can talk more and meet at school during breaks or whenever-well, she simply never responded to me. believe me-i would have much rather gotten her nbr face to face and had her reject me then and there-that would have been such relief! but no response leaves a guy wondering "what did i do wrong? she must think i'm creepy" i had no way of getting her nbr from her personally and up front cuz' i think getting a girls nbr from her friend is lame (duh) and for creepy guys. but get this-if her guy friend who tags along with her is ultra creepy (u know-slackjaw, one eye higher than the other) then what must she think of me? Dayuuum...lay it on me fellows...

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to know where you got that crystal ball that gives you all this insight into exactly what's going on in a girl's mind. The reason I wonder this is because you have called yourself creepy like five times in that little paragraph and she never said that. For all you know, she hasn't gotten your message, or any number of other bullsh*t chick stuff has happened.

Why does it have to be YOUR fault that she didn't respond? Why does it have to have something to do with YOU? Most guys don't realize that most rejections by women have very little to do with the guys themselves.

So did you read her mind to know that she found you creepy? Or are you just assuming that? And, if you're just assuming that, on what basis are you doing so?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i gotta agree with gio

prolly has nothing to do with you

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think if you don't want to come across as being creepy. Stop worrying about being creepy. If you are constantly worried about coming across as creepy you end up acting strange and unatural which is you guessed it, creepy.

Don't project such negative vibes. Don't worry so much. Just have fun and give off fun vibes.

Like the other posters said there is no way you can know what she is thinking about you. Whatever YOU think that SHE is thinking is probably way off based and therefore a waist of your time to worry about. So just chill out.

In conclusion:

1. Stop worrying about being creepy, that sends out a creepy vibe.

2. Don't worry what she thinks about you, her thoughts are none of your business, just concentrate on your thoughts and what vibe you are projecting.

Wal Doe

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah...i think too much. i'm assuming. i saw her last night at a lil' party at her friends house and well...it was awkward. i kinda' avoided her. she said hi and that was that. need to stop blazin'!

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically if you think you are creepy then you will be creepy.

Donald Kaufman

Don Juan
Reaction score
...just a thought...

I agree with the idea of not worrying about what she thinks and just work on your side of the interaction.

You mentioned creepy a few times and it made me read closer and I noticed:

so i email her later on that she shd give me her nbr so we can talk more and meet at school during breaks or whenever
As noted elsewhere, who knows what is going on in her head, or her life but I did get a bit of a "vibe" after the word "talk". It feels like you are a little clingy or asking for a little too much. It implies to give you her number would mean having to see you regularly for a while. That sounds like you are a little too free and too dependent on her. Perhaps a more short term non specified objective might work.

"...so we can talk sometime."
"...so we can talk again."
or even
"...so we can talk not type."

Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by penkitten
i gotta agree with gio

prolly has nothing to do with you

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Creepy - trying to make advances when the girl does not trust you yet. Some are just uptight and not comfortable with any kind of advance period. Let them the fvck be. They don't deserve you.