The Cold Approach in the UK - Lets here From the Brits

englishcrap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I recall reading a post not too long ago about how someone on the board had said that cold approaches in the UK are next to impossible. I

Well guys believe me its not impossible and can work.

Us brits are a shy nation when it comes to cold approaches. This is area I have been working on...

English women are not use to being approached in broad daylight so really you are taking our by surprise when her guard is down.

One of my approaches is as follows and does work 60 % of the time, as you approach make eye contact, catch her eye, blink a few a few times.

Often women will batter their eye lids at the subconsuis level to indicate IL. Thats what I have found.

Yesterday this bird was waiting at the bus stop.

Me: "Hi How u doing"
She: "I am fine thanks" (she smiles)

At this point I make eye contact and give her a smile and say

"You know what you look really cute, fancy meeting up for a drink sometime"

She: (She Smiles) Gosh your brave, listen how about you give me your number

Me: Oh cant do that you might end up calling all the time

She laughs

Me: Tell you what why dont you give me your email address

She: Cool

As I pull out my pen her bus arrives, so I dont get time to take her email. Never mind theres plenty more fish in the sea.

Anyone else from the UK care to share their experiences ??

Sart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
HAS IT CHANGED?

Has England changed? When I was there, I worked in London for a couple of years, English chicks were easy to approach and always good for a rodgering, a shag etc.

I have noticed that movies such as Love Actually gives the women the upper hand, as did Four Weddings etc. Has England gone all conservative? It never used to be. It was never like Deutschland or France but always better than Australia, I thought we were catching up. Sounds like we have overtaken.

If England is reflected in its movies, I have to say, I feel your pain Englishcrap, that would be hard work.

englishcrap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: HAS IT CHANGED?

Its just us british men, many of us just dont have the balls to do a call approach in the street.

Its interesting what you have to say about Oz. All the brits seem to think that its easier to get laid in Oz then in the UK go figure :D
Originally posted by Sart
Has England changed? When I was there, I worked in London for a couple of years, English chicks were easy to approach and always good for a rodgering, a shag etc.

I have noticed that movies such as Love Actually gives the women the upper hand, as did Four Weddings etc. Has England gone all conservative? It never used to be. It was never like Deutschland or France but always better than Australia, I thought we were catching up. Sounds like we have overtaken.

If England is reflected in its movies, I have to say, I feel your pain Englishcrap, that would be hard work.

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi englishcrap. I'm also from the UK and I agree in a sense with you - people in the UK don't tend to talk to 'strangers' as much as americans. But that doesn't mean cold approaches are impossible here.

I have found that if I make the effort to initiate a conversation, most people I talk to will be friendly back. I've also noticed that small talk about the weather or the current situation is a way that many UK people seem to start conversations.

As for pulling UK girls in the daytime, yes it absolutely CAN be done! I often get success when I give eye contact, let her 'catch' me looking at her, hold briefly, then smile, then repeat. That is a universal method to inidicating your interest in a girl, regardless of where you live! You can approach the girl by saying pretty much anything to break the ice after that.

I've also tried the opener 'Excuse me, can I ask you a quick question.....are you single?'. This seems to work quite well, although you will get a lot of rejections on your way to success. Follow that opener up with 'Oh, I just thought you were kinda cute and I wanted to say hi' if she says 'yes' or 'Oh ok, I just thought you were kinda cute....not to worry, but you get my vote as the cutest girl I've seen all day' if she says 'no'.

I will try the opener you suggested and see what results I get too.

I say cold approaching in the UK is a big thrill since nobody else seems to be doing it, therefore you can literally take your pick of the girls during the day.

I have yet to reach my pulling potential but will get there.

Any more UK DJs like to comment?

Red_Tiger

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think I look my best during the day, especially first thing. More worried about getting work. I'm better in the evening when I am more relaxed. I might have a go at at weekend.

Bythe way has anyone visited Ilkley? (near Leeds), some great bars there with lots of attractive women!

englishcrap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you live in London, monday to friday the only things people have on thier minds are getting that fax, email to the client by 930am or somthing thats work related. I have tried making eye contact with women on thier way to work but they wont have it because of thier state of mind.

On the trains, tubes its easier to start a conversation, as women are usually bored and to chat to someone can fill the time.

Havent been to Ilkley but Leeds being a university town is a good place for pulling. A couple of guys from work spent their weekend their and were impressed by the quality of the women there and how easy it was to rapport with them.

Originally posted by Red_Tiger
I don't think I look my best during the day, especially first thing. More worried about getting work. I'm better in the evening when I am more relaxed. I might have a go at at weekend.

Bythe way has anyone visited Ilkley? (near Leeds), some great bars there with lots of attractive women!

Enzo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have had the impression that english women are cold and unreceptive but it just aint true. I think it is the guys making excuses for us not having the balls to chat to a girl face to face.

My cousin from the states shattered my cold view of women when he came over. He had girls numbers and panties within a week of being her. He was just so direct and up for it and the women liked it.

I have not done the cold approach yet but I am getting to the stage where I just think" F it, why not?" I think within the next 2 or 3 times I see a girl I like I am just going to go for it.

I am going to have to borrow the "'Oh, I just thought you were kinda cute and I wanted to say hi'" from guitar_wizz. It is simple but effective.

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always found it hilarious when UK based members would proclaim that a cold approach is an 'American thing'...

I have never had trouble at obtaining numbers from females in coffee shops, shop workers, or those whom are on the street not simply walking past me, but appear to be waiting for something...

London appears to be a little more anti-social given the business nature of it all... as sad as it may be, some people do not have thoughts for 'romance', instead money and job pressures dominate their thinking... weekends see them unwind and open up, and a cold approach can be approaching a woman in a nightclub, and I've found no difference in my successes in London than I have in my home city of Manchester...

As for the mention of Ilkley, never been, had a friend who lived there but he relocated to Manchester... Leeds is fantastic as a night out tho... I must concur with the standard of women... if you're there a Monday and Thursday provide great weekday nights out... spent Valentines Night at Halo there and was seriously spoilt for choice... likewise when I visited for Tequila on a number of Thursday nights

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I picked up a date for tonight.

I was in the post office earlier queuing (those snakey ones) to get my car tax renewed.

I saw a fit woman on the end and to my shame headed off an old granny to get on the end next to the women.

Most people have their docs. in their hand, I could se she was getting her car licence too.

After a few minutes waiting and with no apparent movement, I commented on the fact to her, then, knowing she was in the same boat I said it's a pity you got to go to the PO to get you car taxed. Of course she agreed and said she was doing the same.

Now typically people let it fizzle out here, but i kept up the momentum with a bit of small talk. We chatted about cars and it turns out she's into a certain make of car and I said 'No sh1t! So am I.'

We were away, the time in the queue flew by, but again the average chump lets the opportunity slip away. I knew where she worked and I knew it was across the road from a nice pub in town, I said, 'Well look, really nice to meet you, hey I'll be in town later, fancy a drink in the Rat and Parrot after work, it's an opportunity for you to tell me more about your wastegate issues (oh mrs) I think I know someone who's a dab hand with garret turbos blah blah. Then shut up, the silence seemed like 10 mins, then with a smile she says yeah sure.

Now will she turn up, well I'll find out in about half an hour. Will she be interested more in a new turbo than me? Well there's only one way to find out.

The point is, it can be done, and I think englishcrap proves it. He's bold and doesn't let a knock back stop him, if English guys are doing anything wrong, it's believeing it's not possible here and then not trying it (or try it a couple of times and deciding it don't work)

I think it is true English girls are a little more wary and reserved, however my frame on this is that some girls are easy going and that's fine, others are a bit harder but it gives you way more of a selection than the guy who doesn't approach cold or gives up the convo that with some work could lead somewhere.

I'm off to get a shower :p

Don_Joffe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Im from South Africa.
I got black hair and im dark. Ill have an accent. I would Happily approach anyone on the street in any country even england.

englishcrap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are women at the end of the day guys. It doesnt matter where they come from. They are all sexual beings with sexual desires...

You can score a higher success rate by just being different. That doesnt mean dressing in expensive clothes, driving a fast car. Do what others dont do, like try a different approach approach her on the street, in the post office, library..strike when she leasts expects it

Dont get me wrong I am know Don Juan. I am still on the path to enlightenment :D

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I spent an hour with that bird. Whilst attractive, as I got talking to her she reminded me of someone I used to know with some annoying habits and mannerisms.

I was nice and polite but I made my excuses and went, may bump into her again but not for me.

If I'd of been in a club and had a few pints I'd of been keen.