The bible turn you into a jerk

Freeman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dj_spain
I think that the term "nice" guy is repeated too many times in the bible. So when you read so many times "don't be a nice guy", it is normal that you become a jerk.
The type of guy the bible means should better be called "needy and submissive" guy.
I have to say that the most successful guys with women I have known in my live where actually the most friendly and nice ones.
Those people can take the girls you want away from you,and you could still never hate those people because of their charisma and their friendliness to you.
You bring up some good points dj spain... but one can't be too nice to these girls or THEY WILL WALK ALL OVER YOU, thats an undeniable truth. I have seen firsthand what happens when a guy is too nice when dealing with girls..I think what the bible is saying is to not act spineless but with confidence...there's nothing wrong with being nice guy as long as you respect yourself enough to stand up for yourself.

dj_spain

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's exactly what I mean.
You should be nice, but you should have a backbone to not let yourself get stepped on.
I think the most important thing is to be able to differ between
the confidence of a jerk and "nice confidence", which is what I was trying to explain.
"Nice confidence" is extremely powerful and it works wonders.
When you talk with a person who has this "nice confidence",he displays a lot of power (like a jerk) but the difference is that these people aren't intimidating. You don't fear them,you like them. The ability to be liked and respected at the same time is what makes people with nice confidence be extremly successful in every part of their lifes.

Freeman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
nice guy with confidence

That's exactly what I mean.
You should be nice, but you should have a backbone to not let yourself get stepped on.
I think the most important thing is to be able to differ between
the confidence of a jerk and "nice confidence", which is what I was trying to explain.
"Nice confidence" is extremely powerful and it works wonders.
When you talk with a person who has this "nice confidence",he displays a lot of power (like a jerk) but the difference is that these people aren't intimidating. You don't fear them,you like them. The ability to be liked and respected at the same time is what makes people with nice confidence be extremly successful in every part of their lifes.

Well put dj spain..bravo!

Timo

Reaction score
I'm at this point right now. I went from AFC -> Jerk because I didn't want to be a nice guy anymore. I've been a nice guy for 20 ****in' years. I've had chicks but they were the ones in power in the relationships and eventually most of them left me for ... a jerk.

So I was sick of it, found this website, started improving, building confidence, indifference, challenge, attitude. Attracted a hotty in the middle fase, but lost her because I took it to the extreme and became to much of a jerk. My ego became to big, and i pushed people away (even good friends).

Well if I stayed a nice guy, this girl would never never been interested in me in the first place. She did complain about other guys giving her attention all the time, that they were potetic.
If i stayed a nice guy, i would be posting about 'how do i get her back'. I don't want her back, I will get better chicks. And i want control in the relationship.

Now that i've seen the side of the jerk, I can start to combine both "qualities" of the nice guy and the jerk, and become a better person, become a DJ.

So i think it's just a fase. Rome was not build in one day.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is one of the things of the bible....

you get worse before you get better....it's all about trial and error.

i remember one time last year i turned jerk to this new intern at my workplace, but she was an attention ***** so ..meh

my other friends are still passive as usual. Now i grow everyday, as i realize what i should and shouldnt be passive about. and where to stand my ground.

Don_Joffe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
djspain: You want to be nice? Then continue to come onto this site every night for the next 20 years of your life.

jiggy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MetalFortress
than someone who reads and puts the Holy Bible to use correctly.
Woah, I can't agree more!!!

Just my opinion here, but where the problem really lies is in those who "act" like they've changed and those that "preach the gospel" to anyone who will listen.

Personally, I love the bible. I've learned a lot about my beliefs, spirituality and myself through the bible; so I'm enternally grateful. But, you could be different. You might not be spiritual. Hey, that's cool too! Or, you might believe something different than I do. Hey, that's fine with me!

Bottom line, I'm content with my beliefs and I know that I am a better person for it. I'm not going to try to make you believe the same in a DESPERATE ATTEMPT TO VALIDATE MY OWN BELIEF. Be your own man, find God on your terms and never let someone pursuade you from your beliefs........

"Denomination is segregation." Peter Tosh

Freeman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
misc.

This has nothing to do with the thread but I just have to say that Spain has some really hot chickS!

dj_spain

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by theSpeculator
Yes I'm serious. However I don't have the time or resources to do it alone. I envision it as a team/community effort. As a team, I believe we can accomplish much greater things than as individuals. That is why I am currently busy recruiting people that I think truly understand the game.

I agree the current DJ bible has some fat that needs to cutten. But the moderators will not do it, so we cannot change it. Therefore the only alternative is to create a new one. The current DJ Bible will still be useful as an introduction to seduction. The new DJ Bible will be the main curriculum to help the rAFC that are determine to change.

In a few weeks I will be conducting an online "interveiw" to write for the new DJ Bible. If you believe you can be helpful, please consider doing the interview.

I am looking for people that understand advance theories of seduction, have new innovative ideas, good writing skills, can relate to most people, etc.

I think that the current bible is really good, but in my opinion it should:

-Be reduced 50% or more
-Substitute many repetitive articles with other articules that cover more in depth:
-The balance between nice guy and jerk
-Charm and Charisma
-Body Language
-Humour
-Teasing techniques
-Conversational skills

theSpeculator

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dj_spain;

The problem is that very few people truly understand at an intuitive level all these things that you listed. And the few that do, only some will share what they know or are capable of explaining it effectively.

But it only take one person to create a new one. One person with a small idea with the passion and determination to follow it through. Think for a moment of the possibility if you can organize a group masters to work on the new bible. Think of the possibility of how much better the new bible will be compared to the old bible. That is my vision for Project T.

Don't you want to be a part of this?

Bussey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea similar experience. Bible turned me into a jerk. Before reading it, I was liked, but no one really listened to me because I was too quiet. Now people listen to me, but I'm not as liked with this group of 6 or 7 guys I hang around with a lot. I ****ed up biiiggggg time. I've started by appologizing to them, and told them I'm gonna stay away for a month or so. These guys are... were like my best friends....

As in Religion... the bible is a mixed blessing. Good with women.. but bad with me and my friends...