"The Art Of Manliness"

MyTeamSupreme

Don Juan
Reaction score
A friend told me about this site the other day and i thought i would give it a go. There are some really interesting articles if you're into improving yourself and/or having problems with confidence

http://artofmanliness.com/2008/01/16/stop-hanging-out-with-women-and-start-dating-them/

http://artofmanliness.com/2010/07/18/stop-living-for-the-approval-of-women/

And here's a really good one. It includes a step by step process of improving yourself as a man in 30 days

http://artofmanliness.com/2009/06/30/30-days-to-a-better-man-wrap-up/

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great site. Have been reading it for years now.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bad site, half of the stuff is written by a woman.

Some is good, but it's riddled with femininity. Some of the 'dating advice' is loveshack worthy.

bukowski_merit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MyTeamSupreme said:
How do you figure?
http://artofmanliness.com/about-2/

Brett and Kate McKay. Me (Brett) and my wife Kate are the main content creators on the site.

[I also find it hard to take a guy serious who calls men "wussies" but Brett McKay doesn't look like a man who would call a 13 year old boy a wussy to their face]

---

There's some good stuff on the site though. And some bad; tired disinformation.... Just saying.... They found a niche though; good for them...

initiatorhater06

Don Juan
Reaction score
society and cultuer expects way more out of men than it does out of women, females can be a girl or a woman and us guys won't care, society will still accept them, however, us guys have to be a "Man" in order for girls or women to accept us.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
initiatorhater06 said:
society and cultuer expects way more out of men than it does out of women, females can be a girl or a woman and us guys won't care, society will still accept them, however, us guys have to be a "Man" in order for girls or women to accept us.
That is the weakest bs i've ever read.

Men are supposed to be men and women are supposed to be women. The problem with society is not that it expects too much of men, but it does not allow men to be men. It is feminizes and emasculates the men, and tries to masculate women.

The website is brilliant for it's idea, which is why it attracts all of us and like-minded men, but in reality it too is has some corrupted ideas. The genuine truth is, Brett Mckay is not man enough to tell his wife to stfu and get back to the kitchen, and leave the manliness advice to him.

initiatorhater06

Don Juan
Reaction score
do you think Fred Flintstone and Ralph Kramden are great examples of how a "Man" is supposed to be?

Rhoto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kinowear.com was a solid, solid blog (though limited in this specific material) when it was in full production.

None the less, excellent information on the site. Link in sig

MyTeamSupreme

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ease said:
The genuine truth is, Brett Mckay is not man enough to tell his wife to stfu and get back to the kitchen, and leave the manliness advice to him.
This is WIN :yes:

initiatorhater06

Don Juan
Reaction score
This one dude really p*ssed me off on Plentyoffish on a forum, seriously I f***in’ hate him with a huge passion for what he said to me.
I asked this one dude as to why us guys have to do all or most of the work in order to get a girl, I asked him if it is because we are the more dominant and stronger sex, and here is what he said: “F*cking grow a pair. Seriously, man up. You need to have a spine, NO ONE respects a door mat, and you’ll NEVER get a relationship without respect. Realize that YOU are in control of your own destiny and women don’t OWE you sh*t, not a relationship, a bj, love, respect, sympathy, NONE of it.
You gotta EARN it. EARN it by realising that you don’t NEED to have a chick to validate your existance, realize that people try to help you all the time, but your LAZY ass ALWAYS blames society instead of taking initiative and making yourself more attractive the opposite sex. ADAPT! Don’t cry about women not wanting you, find out what they want and use that to make yourself more attractive. Oh and be a Man.
I FEEL LIKE KILLING THAT SON OF A *****, I WOULD LOVE TO MAKE HIM SQUEAL AS I BREAK HIS F***IN’ NECK!
sorry for my psychotic attitude, it’s just I really hate it and it get’s really annoying when people say those sexist phrases or quotes such as “man up, grow a pair”. Because even if you are a man and you have balls, you are still going to get rejected. Yes that’s life, but for a lot of us guys, it’s not because we are scared of approaching girls or asking them out, IT’S JUST THAT WE DON’T KNOW HOW!
Because in Life, knowing how to do something is half the battle, the other half is getting out there and doing it, but of course it is easier said than done. I f***in’ hate the status quo in our society that us guys have to initiate everything with girls, sure that’s the way it is, I can accept the way things are, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it. Some people say that, like other guys say it’s a good thing that us guys are the ones to make the first move and ask the girl out, overall, initiate everything, that we get to be in the driver’s seat, be in control. Well I don’t give a f*** about that, as long as I’m happy with someone.
SERIOUSLY, I F***IN’ HATE WHEN PEOPLE AND SOCIETY SAY TO US GUYS “MAN UP, GROW A PAIR, etc.” Sexist phrases like that, seriously I feel like f***in’ punching somebody in the face if they say that to me, I may not be man enough to get a girlfriend and approach them, start talking to them first, but I am man enough to stand up and fight for my respect, like I may not have game or success with the ladies, but I have respect for myself. So I’m not afraid to f***in’ punch or beat up some other dude who is talking crap about me. Also, for anyone who is saying that I am having a *****y or whiny attitude, why don’t you come near my face and try to close my mouth yourself? Not to you, but to any ****y ******* douchbag. Man I f***in' hate that guy

initiatorhater06

Don Juan
Reaction score
"If you dig dogs? Volunteer at a shelter. Line dancing, learn a language, be a tutor for college kids, DAMN ANYTHING. Get involved in life, don't watch it from the back seat, maybe then a woman would want to be your co-pilot"

thats what he also said, man I would love to kill that mother****er!!!!

If he claims I'm not man enough to get a girl, I'll show him I am man enough to fight him, literally, and stand up for my respect.

I wish I could kill him like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VclFEwUGdY0

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The guy who told you off on pof sounds like a seasoned vet of SS.

You hate someone telling you to "man up" because you are weak.

You run your mouth about fighting but your hands are sweaty, your knees are weak, and your voice is cracking.

You have MUCH to learn.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read that site regularly.

One of the most - let's call it "interesting" - articles on it about dating/relationship is when Brett asked the question every male reader has in his mind: "So what can we expect of women, after we've done all these manliness self-improvement crap? What do women bring to the table to be worthy of a manly man?"

It's a red pill moment for many of them, and it was fun to read the women's responses.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ease said:
Some is good, but it's riddled with femininity. Some of the 'dating advice' is loveshack worthy.
Like what?

I haven't found any, but I only read articles I'm interested in. Overall, good site.

initiatorhater06

Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate how us guys have to take charge and be in control, be responsible for our own life a lot more than girls do, it's not because I am lazy or scared, I just hate and despise it when my advances are not welcomed, whether it be for a job application, making more friends, getting things done, etc.

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jitterbug said:
I read that site regularly.

One of the most - let's call it "interesting" - articles on it about dating/relationship is when Brett asked the question every male reader has in his mind: "So what can we expect of women, after we've done all these manliness self-improvement crap? What do women bring to the table to be worthy of a manly man?"

It's a red pill moment for many of them, and it was fun to read the women's responses.
jitter dude,
share this with the rest of us...