The Althernative Lifestyle....Elimating your sexuality (contraversial topic)

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently read a post on a dating forum about living without sex. This can be read at http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/h2/h2...1.thdo.bbc.co.uk>&board=health.dating&sort=Te
The idea is that instead of spending your life ruled by your labido, simply do not bother having sex. You will have MUCH more time to achieve something constructive with your life, rather than simply sucuming to sexual desires.
As DJ's, I feel that our ULTIMATE purpose is to achieve something worthwhile in our lifetime, leave our mark in this world so to speak. How then, can one do this when our sexual desires are so strong? What is more important.....life goals and ambitions, purpose etc....or getting girls?
Personally, I am really enjoying doing pickups and so on. It's fun, and it makes life pleasurable and fun. I feel that one needs a balance between life purpose and getting girls though. I am not sure I'd want to live without sex, although I can definitely understand the benifits of a celebate lifestyle.
Another thing I now realise is that if you can get girls, it frees up your mental energy so that you CAN focus on your life goals. David DeAngelo discussed this concept in his latest newsletter and I totally agree.

So my final opinion.....life goals/purpose/your own life comes before getting girls. BUT that does not mean you have to live without girls and sex. Simply get good at getting girls, and then because you will not have to worry about how to attract women any more, you can then focus on life goals and still have girls.

Nameless

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I can see your point of view and I totally agree. Ive been thinking about the life of a celibate person, and although I am not ready to commit to it yet, I greatly respect and understand why people choose to walk this path.

Many would brush it off and not even give it a second thought as they are so pre-occupied with the sexual aspect of live that they can see no merit or desirability in a life of celibacy.

Its definately not a new concept (e.g. monks of many religions), and the benefits although not immediately visible are greatly rewarding.

Much respect and understanding to those who choose (and I emphasise choose) to be celebate.

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just stop having sex??? Yeah right doesn't work for all of us especially guys. I tried abastaining actually made it 6 months I was completely and totally miserable. I hated it, spent a ton of time pissed off, couldnt focus on anything cause I was always thinking about sex. Plus I Jerked off constantly. Im not a happy person when Im not getting any. When Im getting iton the regular it doesn't rule me. Itallows me to be calm and focus better.

NATHINNICE

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great Post

CASH FAST, ASS LAST thats my motto, make the bucks and the betchs will follow

All_Torque

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's possible to just not be interested in sex at all.

Maybe there are better things to do? I mean, women are a pain in the ass - the only advantage in them is for fvcking, IMHO.

That's the way i've been thinking lately, I just don't give a crap about women any more. I'm too self absorbed i guess.

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ShortTimer
From that other thread:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This I have managed to do quite effectively so that now even the thought of being close to a women cam make me feel quite ill.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that guy = broken.
I think they have a name for guys like that: GAY!

isotope

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
for a while i thought about being an aesthetic in the past. being totally disciplined and not worrying about relationships; focusing my energy toward higher education or career, etc.

but i realized i was just deluding myself. it was just cognitive dissonance. a defense mechanism to convince myself i was still a worthy person. but IN REALITY i was lying to myself to hide the fact that i was a ***** ass loser virgin who was too afraid to talk to girls.

because, like it or not, i wanted sex/love/girls.

but i still DEFINITELY agree that being a DJ should be secondary, you shouldnt make it your main focus. And dont change who you are to get them. just open up to meeting girls in addition to other pursuits. It's like the poster who said napoleon and caesar are good DJ role models. They were too busy conquering the world, doing real MAN things. they didnt get brainwashed by their desire for women, they got women as an afterthought. ANd they definitely didnt waste too much thought to keep a woman, like a high-maintenence goldigger witch. But, they also had all the women they needed because that was part of their whole "im the king of the world" lifestyle.

do both; dont give up girls or ambition. IMHO.

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all your replies. Apologies for the spelling errors in the title, I was in a bit of a hurry when I typed the title yesterday.

krd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think choosing such a lifestyle does have merit, but the key word here is "choosing". It's great if you don't have any trouble getting women, but you realize that there's something more to life that you want to explore. It's a different thing altogether if you are frustrated because you can't get any, so you simply give up with the excuse that you are trying to "improve your quality of life". That is what this guy seems to be suggesting. Of course, if it's true what this guy says, that he suffers from "extreme ugliness" and not just poor self image (which is also very possible), then maybe he's got a good enough reason to make the choices he did. But, for most of us, I'd say that such rationalizations are just a cop-out.