Thanksgiving Eve....biggest party night of the year??

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems that all of the radio stations are touting the day before Thanksgiving as "THE" party night of the year, bigger than Halloween and New Years. Is it true?

Can't remember specifics from past years, but it DOES seem to be getting bigger every year.

Got a call last week from a buddy who is coming downtown (where I live) and is bringing a bunch of people, including a chick he wants me to meet. We'll see how that goes.....

Then today I get a call from my AW friend who says she's coming out and bringing a bunch of other women with her, and they want to stop by my place before we go out. Looks like I have been designated as the party host for the evening. Sounds like things might get interesting!

Is it the same all over the U.S.? Does everyone get buckwild tomorrow night?

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd never been told before a few years ago, but apparently the night before thanksgiving is the busiest bar night of the year.

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a marketing schtick that's been going on for awhile now. There does seem to be some merit to it though. If you're going to go get trashed at the bars Thanksgiving does make for the ideal recovery day. If you're visiting family out of town or returning to your hometown it's something to do on a virtual Friday night.

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You gotta be kidding me...i can remember even 4 years ago..Thanksgiviing Eve, having to wait 1hour and 1/2 just to get into the same club i use to go to on a regular basis because of it being so busy.

now moving forward 4 years i dont entertain myself quite the same way, however a crew of about 15 people get together every year and spend our night drinking to oblivian so we can eat our turkey tomorrow with the stinch of good ol' michael collins whiskey and shots of tarantula!

what are everyones plans for thanksgiving eve??

me and my crew our heading to our downtown bar district .

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have an annual football game with some guys I used to go to school with. Then stopping by some karaoke then going to TGIF to celebrate a friends Bday.

I'd say its a really big party night because so many people are all going back home, where they grew up etc, and wanting to meet up with friends. At least thats how it seems in my case

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Americans feel they don't have enough drinking holidays to call their own.

I mean, we've borrowed St Paddys day and Cinco de Mayo, and everyone celebrates New Years, so we're kind of left with just Halloween. But now there's Thanksgiving Eve!

Now I gotta go buy cups and ice and vodka and mixers.....

Playing party host gets tiring

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
I think Americans feel they don't have enough drinking holidays to call their own.

I mean, we've borrowed St Paddys day and Cinco de Mayo, and everyone celebrates New Years, so we're kind of left with just Halloween. But now there's Thanksgiving Eve!

Now I gotta go buy cups and ice and vodka and mixers.....

Playing party host gets tiring

...dont forget the bingpong balls and poker chips my friend!

thissucks003

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
It's been that way for me since I was 21. I am now 37. Everyone comes home from college and sees their old friends. It has always been my favorite night out, even more so than New Year's. If you have a favorite bar, get there early.

Be safe!

TS

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
here in louisville, one really big cool club, has the most people on thanksgiving night, christmas night, and new years eve and at derby time.
i have been on these nights a few times over the years and really had the best time. i remember one year walking 6 blocks due to parking issues. it snowed that thanksgiving.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always go out on the night before Thanksgiving. The problem is I have trouble eating with a hangover.

artalexakis

Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
It seems that all of the radio stations are touting the day before Thanksgiving as "THE" party night of the year, bigger than Halloween and New Years. Is it true?

Can't remember specifics from past years, but it DOES seem to be getting bigger every year.

Got a call last week from a buddy who is coming downtown (where I live) and is bringing a bunch of people, including a chick he wants me to meet. We'll see how that goes.....

Then today I get a call from my AW friend who says she's coming out and bringing a bunch of other women with her, and they want to stop by my place before we go out. Looks like I have been designated as the party host for the evening. Sounds like things might get interesting!

thats awesome man. I hope you meet some real hotties.:up:

I didnt even know there were parties before thanksgiving. thats cool though.

anyways have a good nigh dude I wish i was also. all ill be doing is sitting on my ass watching tv.:cry:

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
plenty of thanksgiving eves to come for me. this one will be spent with family. have fun!